Login

russian armor

LoS and Map hacking

8 Nov 2013, 02:29 AM

Ok, so I think I had the pleasure of experiencing what Map Hacker with good micro skills can do with LoS. (which I won't name because of rules, I will say the name will be familiar to most COH veterans)
And its not pretty.

Using LoS to ambush units, approach undetected and always stay out of sight of lets say AT gun or Su85.

Any attempt to mount any sort of offensive manouver, results in being: totally outflanked and ambushed with full force.
For example: showing your tanks nose behind a building will result in instant triple shot from lets say 2x at gun and heavy tank. Or emerging behind the hedge with inf unit, will result in instant nade and snipe and/or HMG suppression.

At the same time any attempt to cap is met with Ostwin or T70 waiting in ambush for easy kill, anywhere you attempt to go.
Add to that units popping up from hedges and throwing nades at support units (mortar, At gun) and tanks showing only their nose to take a pot shot at unsuspecting unit but always being outside of LoS of counter unit.

It ends up feeling more like a Silent Hill game, where behind any obstacle something will jump out to kill you.

If you thought that Map hackers were pain in the ass with: sniper mirroring, perfect flanking and having their HMG's and At guns always pointed in the right direction, etc.
Well you are in for a real treat

I guess its possible for someone to just be good player and use LoS perfectly, but its highly unlikely that one would be lucky enough, to go entire game without ever running into a counter themselves.

Your thoughts?
8 Nov 2013, 02:42 AM

Permanently Banned

It ends up feeling more like a Silent Hill game, where behind any obstacle something will jump out to kill you.

You sir, made my day.

Btw, maybe he is a super soldier :D
8 Nov 2013, 02:53 AM

Well for 8.30 euro you can buy maphack for this game and I am sure its working one. The hackers from coh1 are making their way to coh2. I did little research after reading your post coz something similar happened to me today. Surprisingly I found something interesting that will send over PM... hope you don't mind.
Only Relic postRelic 8 Nov 2013, 03:20 AM

There is currently no functioning map hack. If you find one email enforcement@relic.com and we'll investigate.

The one mentioned is a scam. We downloaded it onto a safe computer for testing but it did not work at all for us.
8 Nov 2013, 04:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2013, 02:42 AMakosi

You sir, made my day.

Btw, maybe he is a super soldier :D

Yeah, possibly. Thats why I said he may be just using LoS to perfection and me being in a meat grinder, just feeling that everything is going against me..

Thats why I didn't report him, I never do that on first suspicion of hacking. For above mentioned reasons.

But it got me thinking map hack + LoS :(

On the other hand, once I switched away from buildings and hedges and concentrated on other side of the map. He lost his total superiority.

And we ended up wining the game (it was 2v2)
8 Nov 2013, 07:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2013, 03:20 AMNoun
There is currently no functioning map hack. If you find one email enforcement@relic.com and we'll investigate.

The one mentioned is a scam. We downloaded it onto a safe computer for testing but it did not work at all for us.

Ok, good to know thx.
8 Nov 2013, 10:10 AM

I gotta say Ive been accused of this. I just had an amazing lucky game where I was in the right place at the right time pretty much 100% of the time. Can happen.
raw
8 Nov 2013, 14:39 PM

The drop-hacking is far worse. If the name sounds remotely Russian you can be sure you (or your ally) will suddenly disappear after a crucial situation.
8 Nov 2013, 14:52 PM
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2013, 14:39 PMraw
If the name sounds remotely Russian you can be sure you (or your ally) will suddenly disappear after a crucial situation.

raw
8 Nov 2013, 14:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2013, 14:52 PMtuvok

Russians aren't a race.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 34
United States 4
United States 14
unknown 5

Ladders Top 10

• #