Login

russian armor

When there is too much random...

7 Nov 2013, 00:27 AM

Hi folks;

I just played a 2 vs 2 game with my buddies and i lost... while playing Germans.
Losing piss me off, but that wasn't the problem, It's how i lost that was :

My beautiful and powerful tigers where rammed 2 times by some lowly t-34 and 2 times they got engine and gun disable in one ram. 2 times a double crit from the front. Normally i find the Germans op but this i can't accept !

I find this a little too random and game breaking in a strategy game.

What do you think ?

Thx for listening to me :)
7 Nov 2013, 12:28 PM

I think the audio that goes with a killed tiger is just what you say: 'Nooooooo! They destroyed my BEAUTIFULL Tiger!!!!'

(or something like that)
7 Nov 2013, 12:39 PM

Sacrifising 280MP and 85 fuel for an unsure main gun destroyed + engine damaged speaks for itself.
7 Nov 2013, 12:49 PM

Permanently Banned
i lost...
while playing Germans...
Normally i find the Germans op...
but this i can't accept !...

Welcome to the dark side!

Sorry, we lied about the cookies! MUAHAHAHAHAHA
7 Nov 2013, 12:56 PM

How's about the undamaged church, which collapses to a single rifle grenade? Ridiculous.
7 Nov 2013, 13:09 PM

Permanently Banned
How's about the undamaged church, which collapses to a single rifle grenade? Ridiculous.

If I deduced correctly from a Dev post, there is a 1/6 chance of a building critical.
Dunno how positional that is, or if it increased the more damaged the vuilding was, as is the trend in criticals in CoH2 (the more dmged a unit is, the higher likelihood of a critical effect)

Apparentky that is being reduced in next patch.
7 Nov 2013, 13:21 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

If I deduced correctly from a Dev post, there is a 1/6 chance of a building critical.
Dunno how positional that is, or if it increased the more damaged the vuilding was, as is the trend in criticals in CoH2 (the more dmged a unit is, the higher likelihood of a critical effect)

Apparentky that is being reduced in next patch.

You read those leaked "patchnotes" wrong. And a pastebin is not a devpost...
7 Nov 2013, 13:33 PM

Permanently Banned

You read those leaked "patchnotes" wrong. And a pastebin is not a devpost...

I dont presume the changes to be impending, but the pastebin states some currentky existing stats which I do assume to be true:

"Building Critical System · Removed the random chance for AOE weapons to inflict up to 6x their AOE radius when exploding near a garrison.· AOE modifiers in buildings increased from 1.5x to 2.1x "

You are rifht, its not a 1/6 chance for a crit near a garrison. I did misread.

But it does suggest there is a chance (which we dont know) of causing 6x radius near a garrison, which wouls seem to be what causes the suplise building collapse. My guess is that the increased radius does in effect an AoE effect on the buildings separate hp areas, causing a catastrophic collapse in the same say a 120mm round on an infantry unit does.

So, as relevant to Horseloverfats post, RNades currentky have a chance (which we dont know) of causing 6x aoe, wbich kills the building (such as the Church he refers to). So an RNade would ocassionally hit the building as if you had bombarded it with multiple RNades throughout its footprint.
7 Nov 2013, 14:10 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Yes, I'm glad if these are the real notes and they remove that random chance. I cant believe it existed in the first place.
7 Nov 2013, 15:21 PM

Permanently Banned
Yes, I'm glad if these are the real notes and they remove that random chance. I cant believe it existed in the first place.

Game was a bit rushed :/ Patch process is huuuge and long, but it is apparently systematic.

Inversely, the fact that these problems arw so obvious, and their cause is known atleast by the Devs, means game can and will get better. Thats why I stress Molotovs in several threads as early garrison counter, becaue Inpresume the more obvious systemix problems are already being accounted for, sooner or later.

Ideally, what do we want?
-RNade/Molotov ewuivalency as counters in extreme esrly game. Asymmetric if possible.
-Better efficacy of existing developed building hard counters, such as Flamers and Mortar.
-Better Sniper efficiency vs buildings (though not so much that infantry cant "hide" a bit vs sniper in one.
-Removal of unpredictable catastrophic building collapse.
-Possibly removal or adjustment of buildings overlooking fuel (such as hp reduction)
+Pwrsonally, though Ive mentioned it but few verbally supported, general increase of armor efficacy in structural damage vs buildings. I want to see buildings deliberstely destroyed for tactical advantage.
Im not sure how to spreadnthat thriughout the Tank, TD and Assault gun division, but preferably in in a manner that favors higher calibre weapons.
7 Nov 2013, 16:23 PM

ive rammed tiggers on the back 4 times with 4 diferent t34s and nothing happened.

welcome to company of unluckies.
7 Nov 2013, 16:38 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Game was a bit rushed :/ Patch process is huuuge and long, but it is apparently systematic.

Inversely, the fact that these problems arw so obvious, and their cause is known atleast by the Devs, means game can and will get better. Thats why I stress Molotovs in several threads as early garrison counter, becaue Inpresume the more obvious systemix problems are already being accounted for, sooner or later.

Ideally, what do we want?
-RNade/Molotov ewuivalency as counters in extreme esrly game. Asymmetric if possible.
-Better efficacy of existing developed building hard counters, such as Flamers and Mortar.
-Better Sniper efficiency vs buildings (though not so much that infantry cant "hide" a bit vs sniper in one.
-Removal of unpredictable catastrophic building collapse.
-Possibly removal or adjustment of buildings overlooking fuel (such as hp reduction)
+Pwrsonally, though Ive mentioned it but few verbally supported, general increase of armor efficacy in structural damage vs buildings. I want to see buildings deliberstely destroyed for tactical advantage.
Im not sure how to spreadnthat thriughout the Tank, TD and Assault gun division, but preferably in in a manner that favors higher calibre weapons.

I always read your posts but please use autocorrect
7 Nov 2013, 16:44 PM

There should be no RNG involved with ram whatsoever, because there are too much resources involved to leave this one up to luck.

Both players would be happier this way...
7 Nov 2013, 19:06 PM

Sorry, but I think it should be removed completely. It belongs to circus stunts and has little to no historical justification.
7 Nov 2013, 19:49 PM

Permanently Banned

I always read your posts but please use autocorrect

My shitty tablet does not have.
Beer does the rest.
7 Nov 2013, 19:51 PM

New M3 ability: ramp - lets you leap over over vehicles in congested spaces. j/k lol

But yeah, that's a relief re: RG. thanks null
7 Nov 2013, 19:59 PM

Sorry, but I think it should be removed completely. It belongs to circus stunts and has little to no historical justification.

I wouldn't mind if they replaced ram with a "Blitzkrieg"-like speedboost or something...
8 Nov 2013, 00:51 AM

ewuivalency
deliberstely
spreadnthat
thriughout

Wut?
9 Nov 2013, 07:23 AM

The RNG with ramming is probably the most infuriating thing about this game.
raw
9 Nov 2013, 08:58 AM

Considering the value put into that single T-34, yes absolutely.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS