23 Oct 2017, 02:13 AMShadowLinkX37
I'll give you a few pointers.
Ill' focus more on constructive criticism than on praise, because that is what you learn from. I've been whacked the same way in here when posting my replays so please don't take offense, because I mean none
Good things first.
+ Good prediction with the UC and Wasp. His bullitins gave a strong indication that he would go mg spam and you picked up on it. you also had decent micro with it.
+ You made good use of your doctrine and its abilities
- The city centre of Arnheim dosen't hold tremendous strategic value in the opening game, but if you decide to go for it with an mg, then pick the lone yellow house on the west side of the town square rather than the church, especially if you are in the north! That building covers more strategic ground and is easier to retreat from without suffering a wipe (like you did retreating from the church).
- You blob too much! Don't cap points with more than one unit and use the rest to advance. remember to use attack move when moving units around. vs an mg spammer this is especially important and you could have put him out of his misery much sooner if you had not been massed suppressed on numerous occations.
- Your sniper was doing more sightseeing of the dutch country side than actually earning the kings shilling by whacking aryans. If you don't have the micro to effectively use a sniper, use the 360 mp somewhere else.
- just like your opponent you were camping your mgs out on the fringes of the map. Try watching propegandacast lehr on the use of machine guns. They should be at a place supporting your infantry, not be used a temporary deterrents in the corner of the map until they are inevitably flushed out.
- 27 minutes in: so when you are facing an osttruppen and mg spammer and you already have 3 sixpounter AT-guns on the field (which is too much!) as well as an AT sniper, the good choice for first armor would not be the firefly! You had AT abilities for miles already and twice the force strength of your opponent. a cromwell would have been the safe choice and a centaur would probably have been the best choice to break the will of your opponent at this point. at this point of the game it is crazy that your opoonent still managed to retain more field control with essentally a skeleton crew.
- try to practice placing mines whenever you have spare munitions and engineers with nothing to do. the narrow alleys of the center are a perfect spot for mining and would probably have saved you from many of the p4 rushes. one of these rushes basically gives your opponent two of your AT guns for free
- This might be a personal preference, but I would never give my Commandos a piat! They are anti-infantry killers who benefit immensely from brenguns. moreso than any other brit unit! Giving them piats just make them average at everything.
- By the 44 minutes mark you push out your third firefly because the two first were flanked and annhilated by p4s or going toe to toe with a vetted stug and two 6-pounders. the cromwell is an easier tank to handle, so you might want to master this before putting more focus on the firefly.
- 48 minues is the time of death for the third firefly and finally we see the cromwell taking it's place. I look forward with trepidation
- 53 R.I.P Cromwell
- the amount of times your whole army got pinned by a single mg is astounding. this is something you should work on. If you don't have indirect fire, then remember to use cloaked commandos with hold fire to get close and lob in a grenade.
Overall I haven't seen this much blood in Arnheim for a long time! you both had some good comebacks.
I would say that your main focus should be on unit preservation and individual use of units. Consider watching all tightropes tips ans tricks videos as well as everything from propegandacast lehr and I would also recommend using autohotkey to rebind your strat map to the capslock key and start using this religiously to move your units around and keep an overview. This would help you immensely as well.
From the replay section. If you'd like another review please state so a strategist may assist.
Its nice to have people reviewing here! Well I tried to predict that because that happened to me constantly at the beginning so the best solution I had was to lure them and not allow enemy infantry to infiltrate and get to know the place of my at guns later.