Login

russian armor

Brits are actually pretty good...one suggestion though.

13 Oct 2019, 05:52 AM

I hope this doesn't inspire any more nerfs but nobody in a position to make those kind of changes cares what I think and that's fine. In any case I was wrong about Brits being nerfed into the ground they are still pretty good especially against OKW but they do struggle against Wehrmacht but that's always been the case. I do also like the Comet, it could maybe stand to be reduced in price to 170 fuel with its current stats.

They are pretty limited with infantry with only Infantry Sections, Commandos and possibly Assault Sections if you want to consider that as it's own unit. What they need is a proper airborne unit. Like a 5 or 6 man unit similar to USF Paratroopers that parachute in with Enfields and are upgradable with 4 Thompsons or 2 Vickers MGs. I wonder if they could use the Air Landing Officer as a model template and just use six of those if they can't create new models with Brit airborne helmets.
13 Oct 2019, 06:03 AM

I disagree, ukf has commandos as airborne units, IC can pop up from buildings too
13 Oct 2019, 07:03 AM

Historically British paratroopers dropped with Enfield's standard. Silenced sten guns were not the norm at all

This could possibly be brits version of obers or pgrens in a overhaul patch. Interesting idea for more infantry diversity considering ALO model is not really used.

You could give them unique Enfield profile that fires quicker and although is inferior at long range, is much better short and mid range. Similar to penals or pgren. I don't like the Vickers because it's unhistorical, bren guns were much more common and look more cool.
13 Oct 2019, 07:46 AM

Historically British paratroopers dropped with Enfield's standard. Silenced sten guns were not the norm at all

This could possibly be brits version of obers or pgrens in a overhaul patch. Interesting idea for more infantry diversity considering ALO model is not really used.

You could give them unique Enfield profile that fires quicker and although is inferior at long range, is much better short and mid range. Similar to penals or pgren. I don't like the Vickers because it's unhistorical, bren guns were much more common and look more cool.

I agree actually the Bren guns look cooler than the Vickers. Not sure why they added the Vickers. I don't know if British Paras used Thompsons but Commandos certainly did. I'm kind of surprised they were given Stens instead. Anyway British Paras with the ALO models would look cool.
13 Oct 2019, 10:09 AM

The only 2 things that UKF currently lack is :

1: Non-doc assault infantry
2: Reliable indirect platform

There is a doctrine that gives them both and makes them as complete as OST but mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
13 Oct 2019, 10:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Oct 2019, 10:09 AMJilet
The only 2 things that UKF currently lack is :

1: Non-doc assault infantry
2: Reliable indirect platform

There is a doctrine that gives them both and makes them as complete as OST but mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Yeah, it is meh. So add lacking tools in to UKF's line up is needed and reasonable, right ?

13 Oct 2019, 11:13 AM

Yeah, it is meh. So add lacking tools in to UKF's line up is needed and reasonable, right ?

Well yeah it is reasonable but the Soviet Union cries in the corner too. And from my experience UKF is underwhelming in 1v1s but complete lung cancer in team games.
13 Oct 2019, 11:23 AM

It's not about a lack of performace by the faction, just a limited set of choices. Alot of factions got interesting infantry options lately and I believe something like the ALO turning into the british version of the dp/ppsh wielding guards squad would create new and interesting doctrinal choice, if balanced/costed correctly.
13 Oct 2019, 11:24 AM

UKF is a faction without sensible indirect fire units which is always going to make it cheese or bust outside team games.
14 Oct 2019, 02:39 AM

I disagree, ukf has commandos as airborne units, IC can pop up from buildings too

not in favor of another air drop unit but can we please revert the IC been 3 model srls this is just dumb they got that nerf because infiltration nade cd wasnt implemented yet
14 Oct 2019, 03:45 AM

I'm thinking of an An 4 man squad using air landing officer model with Enfield rifle and have 2 weapon slots. Cost about 320 - 350 MP and sit at company CP. Can be upgrade to 5 man with 3 ~ 4 Thompson for 90 muni + reinforced and take up all slot, or pick up 2 elite bren from rack but stay as 4 man.

They will be something equivalent to ober and called by some name like "royal fusiliers", act as an elite mainline, not airborne unit. By this way, they wont overlap with commando.
14 Oct 2019, 06:23 AM

I'm thinking of an An 4 man squad using air landing officer model with Enfield rifle and have 2 weapon slots. Cost about 320 - 350 MP and sit at company CP. Can be upgrade to 5 man with 3 ~ 4 Thompson for 90 muni + reinforced and take up all slot, or pick up 2 elite bren from rack but stay as 4 man.

They will be something equivalent to ober and called by some name like "royal fusiliers", act as an elite mainline, not airborne unit. By this way, they wont overlap with commando.

The Airlanding Officer's model is wearing the uniform for RAF Paratroopers though. The models Commandos use would be more fitting for an elite soldier, which is exactly what Commanders were.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★