Login

russian armor

Alternate USF build orders and Captain first strategies

12 Oct 2019, 05:07 AM

Hey guys, let’s talk about USF openings and build orders, especially ones that you might consider to be “off meta”.

Most USF players these days are going: Riflemen-Riflemen-Riflemen-Lieutenant-M20 then going for weapons racks an ambulance grenades a 50 cal or a Stuart next, usually Stuart then ambulance depending on map control.

It’s a pretty strong build, which is why it’s so good, but I’m interested in alternate ideas.

I’ve been experimenting with either a 4 Rifleman start and going for M1919A6s on them with Infantry Company going into Captain for the AT gun and rushing for Major, maybe stopping for an AA halftrack.

The other idea was to go for Rifle Company and do the same thing except going for an extra RE squad into three Riflemen and using the Captain as your bazooka squad after you get weapons racks. With all the sprinting Riflemen you can snare more easily and may not need Bazookas at all. But by putting them on the Captain you get his reload Veteran you bonuses that make the Bazookas fire faster and allow you to have two flamethrower RE squads or one flamethrower RE squad and four Riflemen.

With either build it lets you avoid having to back tech for an AT gun later which helps speed up your late game. With rifle company it lets you go for an Easy Eight which forces your opponent to either lose the tank fight or go for a panther to counter them. Since you’ve done a heavy rifleman build you win more infantry fights with or without tank support which should force a no win situation on your enemy since he needs a panther to counter the Easy Eights but also needs a Panzer 4 to counter all the Riflemen.

I’m interested to hear what you all might be trying at the moment. Cheers!
12 Oct 2019, 06:57 AM

For 4v4, i play Ukf while my friend play usf. I go Vicker, section, then vicker or another section or rush T2, while he go 2 mortar, rifle, captain, pack howi and AAHT. We cover each other.
12 Oct 2019, 09:25 AM

For 4v4, i play Ukf while my friend play usf. I go Vicker, section, then vicker or another section or rush T2, while he go 2 mortar, rifle, captain, pack howi and AAHT. We cover each other.

Very interesting, that’s a lot of indirect fire.

I’m more interested in 1v1 builds though, but I didn’t specify that. Regardless, that’s an interesting build although it sounds like it might be weak to aggressive light vehicle play, such as double 222 or a Luchs-Puma combo.
12 Oct 2019, 11:18 AM

I've seen some do:

riflemen - riflemen - riflemen - riflemen - LT - Stuart
12 Oct 2019, 15:53 PM

Very interesting, that’s a lot of indirect fire.

I’m more interested in 1v1 builds though, but I didn’t specify that. Regardless, that’s an interesting build although it sounds like it might be weak to aggressive light vehicle play, such as double 222 or a Luchs-Puma combo.

As i said, we cover each other, i usually put down an early bofor to form a strong point so the high number of indirect from my friend can be safely deploy and counter indirect spam from enemies. Right after the bofor i will built AT while my friend go for ranger and grap some zook.
12 Oct 2019, 18:28 PM

I play with a good USF player who sometimes goes RE Rifle Fighting Pit WC51. This is in 3's or 4's but I think he does the same in 1's. The fighting pit goes up around the cut or VP. Depending on what is happening, he'll put either an RE or rifle in the WC51. I'm not sure how he chooses. Upgraded WC51's with RE's are great against sturms or Kubels. I don't think he uses them against garrisoned Volks or against Panzerfusiliers.
13 Oct 2019, 02:23 AM

I've seen some do:

riflemen - riflemen - riflemen - riflemen - LT - Stuart

The problem with that is you end up very infantry heavy if you need to back tech for an AT gun. Sure the Stuart can handle enemy light vehicles, but it’s a gamble since replacing it is too costly and once you end up behind you’re fighting a very tough battle to claw your way back in.

Not saying it can’t work, but I feel like LT first builds go one of three ways.

1. You gain an early advantage and keep it until you win.

2. You don’t gain an early advantage but don’t lose your Stuart. You’re now on the back foot against enemy armor without an AT gun so you are forced to back tech to get one or drop on via Airborne Company. Back teching is manpower heavy for USF and gives you a Captain Squad you may not need or want leading to a very infantry heavy build. Even if you don’t lose your Stuart you still end up fighting tanks with tanks and TDs, which is ok unless you take a few bad engagements. Losing a Jackson is much more punishing than losing an AT gun.

3. You lose your Stuart early and get behind. Now you’re pretty screwed and will probably lose the game even if you back tech to Captain for an AT gun.

It just seems to me like even though the pros are all going for an LT build, the safest choice is to do a full tech build where you go with only two Riflemen into Lieutenant, then M20 and a Stuart, but then go Captain and get an AT gun before you go Major.

I’m trying a build that’s two Riflemen into Lieutenant then grab a 50 cal then tech up to Captain for an AT gun. No light vehicles at all and instead rely on getting early weapons racks and BARs to beat the infantry. I then have room in the lineup for Rangers or Paratroopers or I can get an M8 Greyhound as a light vehicle instead of an M20 or Stuart.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 42
Germany 37

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment