Login

russian armor

Add increased speed of capping points.

Add flag capping with increased speed of capping?
Option Distribution Votes
73%
27%
Total votes: 11
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
11 Oct 2019, 18:09 PM

In-game player could cap points or stand inside circle or click on flag. How about make that if player use flag to cap point, he got increased speed of capping, while also squad get some debuff to RA (like they stand in red cover) to add some element of risk-reward mechanic. I think it could bring more action and skill in game. Some players will be build sandbags, some use new variant.
It strange that we have flags that works only as obstacles for vehicles, while don't have any functionality.
It also make camo units more valuable, not only for ambushes, but for fast decapping behind enemy lines. And maybe halftrucks too.
11 Oct 2019, 18:30 PM

I like the idea, i hardly know if it can be implemented though

This can add some strategic value to the flag itself.
12 Oct 2019, 20:32 PM

It also will be good add to all infiltration troops boost to flag capping, to reflect their "diversion" role.
12 Oct 2019, 20:37 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Not a bad idea, I think the issue there though is you have vision around your territory point near the flag, which makes it harder for your opponet to take territory while keeping unit composition unknown.
12 Oct 2019, 22:23 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Not a bad idea, I think the issue there though is you have vision around your territory point near the flag, which makes it harder for your opponet to take territory while keeping unit composition unknown.

Which TBH is also a good tradeoff.
The concept seems like the best of 2 worlds regarding CoH1 and CoH2. You could also adjust vision provided by points to be the bare minimum to only show those who manually cap it.
13 Oct 2019, 11:12 AM

How about you do it like HLL? (Hell Let Loose)

Outside capping (regular speed)
Inner capping (closer to center) unit is visible, but caps x2 speed.
13 Oct 2019, 11:41 AM

How about you do it like HLL? (Hell Let Loose)

Outside capping (regular speed)
Inner capping (closer to center) unit is visible, but caps x2 speed.

If you capping flag, you must have risk that your squad becomes more vulnerable to damage. Enemy player could use mortar or any indirect to inflict punishing blow to your squad (like, when your enginners while repairing tank got mortar hit, they highly becomes dead).
If only difference between 2 options will be speed of capping and vision on you unit, it's bad design decision, IMHO. High risk-high reward must work.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★