Login

russian armor

Give universal carrier the 222 treatment

11 Oct 2019, 16:36 PM

Since the nerfs the wasp has disappeared from high level play. But how do you balance a unit that comes so early but also can upgrade into different roles potentially making it OP for a mid tier munition investment?

My answer is to scrap the upgrade and split the UC into two different units similar to what was done with the 221 and 222. Current UC will remain at current stats in teir 0 but only has access to Vickers upgrade.

WASP can be built after AEC unlock for a mirror cost of ostheer FHT fuel, armour and health buffed to FHT level to match.

This would give Brits some counterplay to garrisons but one that this time would arrive the same time as it's natural counters such as 222 or Pak. It would also fit the theme of hammer tech quite nicely.
11 Oct 2019, 17:39 PM

My answer is to scrap the upgrade and split the 222 into two different units similar to what was done with the wasp and vicker. Current 221 will remain at current stats in tier 2 but only has access to mg upgrade.

222 can be built for a mirror cost of the AEC fuel, armour ,pen and health buffed to AEC level to match
11 Oct 2019, 18:50 PM

Make wasp doctrinal and a standalone unit.

UC could be buffed to compensate some of the IS nerfs, to promote combined UC+IS plays.
11 Oct 2019, 19:13 PM

I don't think there's a need to complicate things with extra units. The 221 -> 222 upgrade from ages ago was replaced with just the normal 222, because it was an awkward system to use and balance. I'd just make the WASP (and/or vickers) upgrade similar to the OKW 221's "FuG 21 Radio Set" upgrade, where it not only gives a new ability (in the UC's case, a flamer or MG), but also increases HP and armor. Then make the upgrade pre-req some tech and cost a decent amount of MP/F to justify the buff.

My answer is to scrap the upgrade and split the 222 into two different units similar to what was done with the wasp and vicker. Current 221 will remain at current stats in tier 2 but only has access to mg upgrade.

222 can be built for a mirror cost of the AEC fuel, armour ,pen and health buffed to AEC level to match

Not sure if you're serious or not, but an AEC-level 222 would be incredibly strong. +30mp/+30f/+3pop for 6.1x the armor (9 -> 55) and +80hp, not to mention the DPS and armor-pen increases. OST is currently held back a lot by not having a strong LV (that can actually fight other LVs effectively), so this would be a huge buff.

11 Oct 2019, 19:22 PM

>it would be an huge buff

The irony of this
11 Oct 2019, 20:00 PM

Make wasp doctrinal and a standalone unit.

UC could be buffed to compensate some of the IS nerfs, to promote combined UC+IS plays.

And what are you going to put there to give brits a chance against early MG or light?
12 Oct 2019, 03:00 AM

Make wasp doctrinal ...

So, remove the UKF's only non-doc flame unit... yeah, maybe when all other factions lose their non-doc flame units too.

Maybe all you wehraboos should stop trying to nerf the UKF into non-existence.
12 Oct 2019, 03:16 AM

So you think current WASP is balanced and is used competitively? Got any games from top players to back that up?

Let's not derail already talking about Ost. 222 was non existent like current WASP before it got buffed and had a higher fuel cost put on.

WASP at FHT timing is better suited for the unit.
12 Oct 2019, 10:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2019, 20:00 PMKatitof

And what are you going to put there to give brits a chance against early MG or light?

... You miss the point.
The point is that "brits shouldn't have any chance against early MG, or Light, or anything at all".
(According to him) It's the only thing that makes sense from what he's said.
13 Oct 2019, 05:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2019, 20:00 PMKatitof

Fair point, but I would suggest to buff the base howitzers and the pyro upgrade to deal with HMGs, if wasp becomes doctrinal it can be buffed to become a 251fht analog.
13 Oct 2019, 06:00 AM

Maybe all you wehraboos should stop trying to nerf the UKF into non-existence.

Said by some dude called PANZERFUTZ...

I love people so simple minded that either you are a allied fanboi or a wheraboo... they make all the wrong assumptions and jump to conclusion even faster than lightspeed.

To remove ukf you could simply uninstall the dlc from your computer if you really wanted to. At least other people will be able to enjoy the faction that way.
13 Oct 2019, 10:54 AM

Swap UC with royal engineer, put sapper in T1, UC in T2 and add fuel cost to it. With new timing, we can bring UC up to M20 lv, like an armor upgrade bring it back to pre neft, also allow troop to fight from inside. A smoke discharger upgrade will fill the gap of not having mobile smoke source for UKF.
13 Oct 2019, 17:05 PM

Lol ukf is easily the worst faction now and people are still immediately REEEing at the mere suggestion of buffs for it.

Swap UC with royal engineer, put sapper in T1, UC in T2 and add fuel cost to it. With new timing, we can bring UC up to M20 lv, like an armor upgrade bring it back to pre neft, also allow troop to fight from inside. A smoke discharger upgrade will fill the gap of not having mobile smoke source for UKF.

That would be interesting IMO.
13 Oct 2019, 17:53 PM

The swapping idea of yours again? The discussion is about upgrades for the UC we have right now, maybe let's talk about it, not a complete rework?
13 Oct 2019, 18:36 PM

The swapping idea of yours again? The discussion is about upgrades for the UC we have right now, maybe let's talk about it, not a complete rework?

Sure, i just want to give my ideas, though, since i did get many feedback each time i bring it up in the past.

still, swapping also be a way to move UC to a timing that allow it to get buff reasonably. Armor upgrade for wasp is also an options.
14 Oct 2019, 02:11 AM

Said by some dude called PANZERFUTZ...

I love people so simple minded that either you are a allied fanboi or a wheraboo...

It's just a name - one I've been using since the days of Panzer General (yeah, that long ago).

I'm not a factional fanboi; I play all factions equally (more or less).

Since you seem to have missed it, my point was that the UKF has a distinct lack of options for dealing with MG's in the early game.

The UKF has no infantry smoke, which is why I support the idea of giving Pyro's a smoke barrage. Given that a player has to upgrade a section to Pyro and then unlock the Platoon CP to use it, it wouldn't be available in the earliest stages of a game but, at least you wouldn't have to wait until you have tanks to get access to smoke.

The UKF also doesn't have non-doc infantry flamers so, the WASP is really the only good way to deal with MG's in the early game - especially if they're in garrison. Making this unit doctrinal would be a huge nerf to this faction.

Now, let's compare the UKF to the Ostheer that has non-doc Pioneer flamers and a non-doc flamer halftrack, plus a non-doc mobile mortar for laying smoke. It's pretty obvious why I would think your idea reeks of bias.
14 Oct 2019, 02:13 AM

Give the UC a grenade throw ability so it can help VS building MGs before wasp

Also invert its DPS curve for some reason it deals more damage at long range and less at short range so there is no risk/ reward between it and grenadiers
14 Oct 2019, 06:33 AM

Also invert its DPS curve for some reason it deals more damage at long range and less at short range so there is no risk/ reward between it and grenadiers

What... you are aware that grenadiers have this thing called panzerfaust? There is no reason to ever get close to them unless they are retreating.
14 Oct 2019, 06:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Oct 2019, 06:33 AMKatitof

What... you are aware that grenadiers have this thing called panzerfaust? There is no reason to ever get close to them unless they are retreating.

What if the UC wanted some ez road kills? Of course that would be a bad idea, but a fun one at least
14 Oct 2019, 06:58 AM

... It's pretty obvious why I would think your idea reeks of bias.

I thought it was pretty obvious that making a unit doctrinal doesnt mean a nerf, simply because that will cause a bad stock unit to become a good doc unit, it also means a revamp on the remaining stock units and in the end UKF receives 3-5 buffs for a simple stock/doc exchange. UKF not having stock flamer is not a disadvantage if there are other tools to deal with the same problem, garrisons and HMGs. But of course, its simply easier for some players to rely on copypasta and repeat the same tactics instead of learning new tricks...

But the grass is greener always, always on the other side.
And its far easier to copy the neighbors homework istead of coming up with fresh new ideas.
That is pretty obvious if anyone asks me...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★