Login

russian armor

Medic Heal Radius is too small

What are your thoughts on the new Medics heal range?
Option Distribution Votes
100%
0%
Total votes: 10
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
9 Oct 2019, 17:29 PM

Last Patch, Medics were adjusted with the following

1. Medics now Sprint
2. Medics now stay within range 20 of the medbunker/base (Was previously ~30/35)

I am currently finding that range 20 is not enough. My units may be only 10 range away from the bunker when they come back to base and if i give a move command to spread out they might be too far. If they retreat from a different base entrance, they might be too far, If my med truck is on the opposite side of the OKW hq it might be too far.

This is particularly frustrating when They are reinforcing at max range but not healing

Suggestion: Revert Medic Range to 30/35
With the sprint medics will still be effective at healing even with a larger radius, but microing your units to receive medical attention will be easier
9 Oct 2019, 18:24 PM

Increase the range and double the medic speed.

Or just drop medics and have aoe healing.
9 Oct 2019, 21:44 PM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

We wanted to put +5 range on medics this patch but it didn't make the cut. Maybe next time
9 Oct 2019, 21:55 PM

We wanted to put +5 range on medics this patch but it didn't make the cut. Maybe next time

It makes me wonder, what more got cut?
10 Oct 2019, 00:11 AM

Suggestion: Revert Medic Range to 30/35
With the sprint medics will still be effective at healing even with a larger radius, but microing your units to receive medical attention will be easier

I don't think the full radius should come back, but they could make it a little larger. But I like my Soviet medics not running away to heal my US teammate who has more than enough healing

If you could control the medics as a group that would be cool. Like just click on the building they're attached too and then you can click on the unit for them to heal. Would eliminate the problem of waiting for them to heal the desired units
10 Oct 2019, 01:07 AM

I don't think the full radius should come back, but they could make it a little larger. But I like my Soviet medics not running away to heal my US teammate who has more than enough healing

+1
10 Oct 2019, 01:56 AM

I don't mind the short range on Ost, but it does seem to be a problem with OKW. On some of the 2v2 maps, I put the Battlegroup HQ in the base. I've had cases where the medics will be right next to wounded units and not heal them. Other times, the medics would be on one side of the truck and wouldn't seek out wounded units. In either case, I end up having to move units to get them to heal which is annoying.
10 Oct 2019, 02:35 AM

I think now that they sprint it won't be an issue that they follow guys to 30m. Would be much better than the current 20m IMO.
10 Oct 2019, 05:40 AM

OKW should have longer search range,in 1v1 or 2v2 game,most time medic HQ deployed in base area,but after upgrade,some time OKW infantry retreat to base but medic can't search infantry in HQ other side,too annoyed
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 48
unknown 12
Germany 8
unknown 2
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L