Login

russian armor

Are bren blob buffs justified?

11 Oct 2019, 04:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2019, 02:57 AMCODGUY

Well for what it's worth I'd make the MG42 320 MP and in T1. Strumpioneers would also be T1 like Royal Engineers.

The title says "Are bren blob buffs justified?" :ot:

If vickers loose the +20% acc but get instead +30% suppression it could mimic the OST early game design, well placed troops, team weapons to secure and mobilize
11 Oct 2019, 05:15 AM
Patrion 14

Vet 0, 5 models Volks, open ground.

After test on suppression mechanics i believe that the problem starts to arise once units gets increased RA and the map is cluttered with yellow cover. Some MGs are still able to perform as MGs and other simple get overwhelmed by firepower + lightcover + RA vet and just 2 squads "blobbing" frontally.

TBH i consider the mechanic FUBAR. It's my personal conspiracy theory, but by making units have armor instead of RA, made the whole mechanic work from start of the game to the end of it.

You know, it may be a fix to make MGs ignore yellow cover. Is that possible? I doubt hiding behind a bush or in a small crater would make you feel much less suppressed than being in the open. I believe the maxim and vickers both rely heavily on accuracy to apply their suppression IIRC.
11 Oct 2019, 05:21 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

You know, it may be a fix to make MGs ignore yellow cover. Is that possible? I doubt hiding behind a bush or in a small crater would make you feel much less suppressed than being in the open. I believe the maxim and vickers both rely heavily on accuracy to apply their suppression IIRC.

You can. You need to change the value of suppression from 0.5 to 1.0 on all MGs.
11 Oct 2019, 09:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2019, 02:57 AMCODGUY

Well for what it's worth I'd make the MG42 320 MP and in T1. Strumpioneers would also be T1 like Royal Engineers.

Hey, Mg42 is really fine. There are so many ways to deal with it.

-mortar smoke (very effective)
-normal mortar fire
-sniper
-light vehicles
-grenades
-flanking
-steal the MG42 gunner´s munitions before the battle starts
-send the MG42 gunner a package of donuts for christmas so he won´t shoot at you during the summmer
-stay in your base and drink tea
-send in the little cute puppy dogs
-hoist the white flag

see? You can easily avoid an angry MG42 gunner, just be a little bit more creative and don´t run straight up to him.

11 Oct 2019, 13:01 PM

The title says "Are bren blob buffs justified?" :ot:

If vickers loose the +20% acc but get instead +30% suppression it could mimic the OST early game design, well placed troops, team weapons to secure and mobilize

OST will be an inferior UKF if something like that happens. The only thing that prevents OST from completely facerolling other factions is grenadier being inferior to other mainlines but in your suggestion you forgot Infantry sections in the equation.
14 Oct 2019, 11:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2019, 13:01 PMJilet

OST will be an inferior UKF if something like that happens. The only thing that prevents OST from completely facerolling other factions is grenadier being inferior to other mainlines but in your suggestion you forgot Infantry sections in the equation.

But I understand that all mgs would get that in this scenario. I like the idea a lot. First, mgs become much less useful in later game stages because of tanks, inferect fire, smoke, etc. But they also become much less useful against frontally attacking blobbed infantry (because of upgrades, their vet, and yellow cover). I'd change it so that attacing an mg frontally should never be an opition (unless with smoke, etc.). The idea is really good as it would also make blobbing less powerful (this I'd say is what I'd like).
Vaz
14 Oct 2019, 17:43 PM

just use panzerwerfer, whole blob gone
14 Oct 2019, 18:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Oct 2019, 17:43 PMVaz
just use panzerwerfer, whole blob gone

Well, it pretty much hard counters mgs even better :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★