Login

russian armor

Are bren blob buffs justified?

10 Oct 2019, 10:58 AM

You forget it has superior damage too. What it's troubles are, are the same for MG42. It has very slow traverse speed. If this was fixed and its damage modified, it would be far better. Same for MG42.

Soooo superior
10 Oct 2019, 11:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2019, 10:58 AMKatitof

Soooo superior

Stop nitpicking like a small child. It has superior damage, because it does more damage for 40 seconds. Considerable more damage in the first 5-10 seconds. But good to read that you don't disagree with the traverse speeds. Good day.
10 Oct 2019, 11:03 AM

It does superior damage because it suppresses less quickly.

I thought this was common knowledge.
10 Oct 2019, 11:05 AM

Making the MG42 and Vickers better? Why would we want to do that? No one likes playing against MG spam, have people not realized that by now?
10 Oct 2019, 11:49 AM

Lets put it up a notch. Are ANY blobs justified? I personally think 5% is such insubsequent buff that won't even be recognizable at grand scale.
10 Oct 2019, 12:19 PM

Stop nitpicking like a small child. It has superior damage, because it does more damage for 40 seconds. Considerable more damage in the first 5-10 seconds. But good to read that you don't disagree with the traverse speeds. Good day.

Tell me more about how you keep your squads suppressed, then pinned, then killed for 40 seconds while you do absolutely nothing about it, while pretending there isn't damage reduction on suppressed units for some time.

Or how you flank an MG only to walk up to its arc point blank and just stay there.
:snfPeter:

At biggest range where the damage difference matters, over 10 seconds you might actually deal 20-30 more damage! So overpowering!
10 Oct 2019, 13:54 PM

It does superior damage because it suppresses less quickly.

I thought this was common knowledge.
. Close, but it actually suppresses less quickly because it does more damage not the other way around. Because it's more apt to burst a model it's more likley to have to spend time reaiming and not shooting.

But as said above and in every maxim thread ever. You don't buy an mg to kill you buy it to control infantry via Supression.
10 Oct 2019, 14:07 PM

. Close, but it actually suppresses less quickly because it does more damage not the other way around. Because it's more apt to burst a model it's more likley to have to spend time reaiming and not shooting.

But as said above and in every maxim thread ever. You don't buy an mg to kill you buy it to control infantry via Supression.

Eh, quick look at stats reveals MG42 has 50% more suppression per shot with the same firerate as Vickers (shorter burst duration though).

And Vickers has between 10-20% more accuracy depending on range, so that's also a big factor for the higher damage output.
10 Oct 2019, 14:29 PM

Close, but it actually suppresses less quickly because it does more damage not the other way around

As far as I know, it is the other way around. Compared to the HMG 42 (same DPS), the Vickers can snipe a model because it will deal more effective DPS in the first seconds of firing because the suppression (which gives damage reduction on the suppressed squad) kicks in later, because the Vickers has worse suppression. The HMG 42 will suppress almost instantly, which also almost instantly reduces its effective DPS against the squad it's shooting at.
10 Oct 2019, 14:34 PM

As far as I know, it is the other way around. Compared to the HMG 42 (same DPS), the Vickers can snipe a model because it will deal more effective DPS in the first seconds of firing because the suppression (which gives damage reduction on the suppressed squad) kicks in later, because the Vickers has worse suppression. The HMG 42 will suppress almost instantly, which also almost instantly reduces its effective DPS against the squad it's shooting at.

That's what I meant, but you worded it much better.
10 Oct 2019, 17:02 PM

Lets put it up a notch. Are ANY blobs justified? I personally think 5% is such insubsequent buff that won't even be recognizable at grand scale.

Its honestly barely noticeable when I was playing with UKF recently.
10 Oct 2019, 17:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2019, 12:19 PMKatitof

Tell me more about how you keep your squads suppressed, then pinned, then killed for 40 seconds while you do absolutely nothing about it, while pretending there isn't damage reduction on suppressed units for some time.

Or how you flank an MG only to walk up to its arc point blank and just stay there.
:snfPeter:

At biggest range where the damage difference matters, over 10 seconds you might actually deal 20-30 more damage! So overpowering!

You forget the bigger accuracy of the vickers too, but that is alright. We were comparing mg stats, not real life usage. Again, stop nitpicking in order to win a discussion just for the sake of winning it.

Who said anything about overpowered? I actually discussed the fact that both the mg42 and the vickers needed an increase in their arc traverse, as it is their handicap. Stop acting like I am your enemy who is out to damage your sacret allied factions lol.
10 Oct 2019, 17:19 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I wonder what will happen if you tell in the patch notes that you increase the suppression on the Vickers, but actually you only decrease the damage on it.
10 Oct 2019, 17:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2019, 04:00 AMCODGUY
Hey I have an idea. Maybe we could make infantry sections a 2 man sqaud and raise their Pop count to 10 since we all love nerfing Brits into the ground through the mantle and core of the Earth to China.

:clap::thumbsup::clap::D

I would do exactly that, if I was in charge bahahahahha:hyper:
10 Oct 2019, 18:27 PM

I'm pretty sure this is the case. The Maxim doesn't suppress well but usually kills more models, especially when compared to the MG34. I'd rather the Maxim be more like the MG34.
10 Oct 2019, 21:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2019, 18:27 PMGrumpy

I'm pretty sure this is the case. The Maxim doesn't suppress well but usually kills more models, especially when compared to the MG34. I'd rather the Maxim be more like the MG34.
the maxim suppress around 1 second slower than the mg 42 at max , i did some test on it u can find them in my post history https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ImperfectRemorsefulArkshell-mobile.mp4
10 Oct 2019, 22:35 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

the maxim suppress around 1 second slower than the mg 42 at max , i did some test on it u can find them in my post history https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ImperfectRemorsefulArkshell-mobile.mp4

Vet 0, 5 models Volks, open ground.

After test on suppression mechanics i believe that the problem starts to arise once units gets increased RA and the map is cluttered with yellow cover. Some MGs are still able to perform as MGs and other simple get overwhelmed by firepower + lightcover + RA vet and just 2 squads "blobbing" frontally.

TBH i consider the mechanic FUBAR. It's my personal conspiracy theory, but by making units have armor instead of RA, made the whole mechanic work from start of the game to the end of it.
10 Oct 2019, 23:49 PM

or they could remove focus fire from mgs ?
11 Oct 2019, 02:31 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

or they could remove focus fire from mgs ?

Focus fire is set to false. This means it already tries to spread dmg when possible.

What i'm talking about is how suppression as a mechanic works. What we suppose to know about it doesn't hold true after making a simple mod and testing shit.

1- The more models you have in a SQUAD, the more suppression you will receive.
2- At even number of models been targeted, the lesser amount of squad you have the better. 6 squads of 1 model won't be suppressed as opposed to 1 squad of 6 models.
3- Accuracy, which should ONLY matter for suppressing other squads (blob), influence the amount of suppression applied to the individual squad targeted. This means that both, the size of the squad (RA) and the accuracy modifier on cover, helps against suppressing squads.
4- AoE suppression seems to be dependant on the amount of suppression been applied to the targeted squad. You can suppress squads behind cover by targeting squads around them outside of cover. In the opposite way you won't suppress a squad in the open if you target a harder to suppress squad (even when the bullets are going through their heads).

Note that this was all done with extreme cases of accuracy in mind (200% acc vs 1% acc) with 2 units with similar suppression values (MG42 was at 1% and MG34 at 200%).
11 Oct 2019, 02:57 AM

:clap::thumbsup::clap::D

I would do exactly that, if I was in charge bahahahahha:hyper:

Well for what it's worth I'd make the MG42 320 MP and in T1. Strumpioneers would also be T1 like Royal Engineers.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★