Login

russian armor

War in Donbass

8 Oct 2019, 00:01 AM

i dunno if you guys know but there's war going on for 5 years now in east ukraine in spite of a cease fire agreement between the two forces

i have some videos of the fighting since the start of the hostilities , i will upload some later , images too

for now here is the update day by day

6 October
The spokesman of the Ukrainian operational headquarters reported in the morning, that pro-Russian troops had opened fire on 24 occasions on Ukrainian positions the previous day (including on 6 occasions in Donetsk and on 18 occasions in Luhansk region),[263] spending total 60 units of 122 mm calibre artillery and 120/82 mm calibre mortars ammunition.[266] By morning of 6 October (as of 06:00 am) three ceasefire violations was were registered — at Pavlopil, Novotroitske, and Novoluhanske;[263][264] four more ceasefire violations were registered by 12:30 pm, one Ukrainian soldier was wounded.[266] The spokesman of the Ministry of Defence confirmed at noon, that one Ukrainian serviceman was wounded and another soldier was injured in the Donbass region on 5 October.[266] Pro-Russian officials at Donetsk city reporTed 13 Ukrainian violations of the ceasefire in seven locations using small arms, heavy machine guns, automatic grenade launchers, 73 mm anti-tank recoilless rifles, 82 mm mortars, 120 mm mortars, anti-aircraft guns, armoured personnel carriers, armoured fighting vehicles and tanks.[267] Local sources from the self-proclaimed Luhansk People's Republic recorded one Ukrainian violation of the truce, when Ukrainian forces shelled the pro-Russian stronghold of Lohvynove with rocket launchers, 82 mm mortars and 120 mm mortars.[268]

According to the information provided by the press-centre of the JFO in the evening, pro-Russian military had opened fire on positions of Ukrainian troops on ten more occasions by 06:00 pm, killing one Ukrainian soldier.[269] By the end of the day total 25 ceasefire violations were registered, with no further casualties on the Ukrainian side.[270][271] Pro-Russian officials reported a series of ceasefire violations by Ukrainian forces by evening. Vasilyevka, Staromykhailivka, Spartak, Kruta Balka, Mineralne, Oleksandrivka, Dokuchaievsk, Trudivske and Donetsk airport, in the surroundings of Donetsk city, Zaitseve and Gagarin mining complex, in the area of Horlivka, and, in the region of Mariupol, Bela Kamianka, Sakhanka, Uzhivka and Pikuzy, came under hostile fire. In the main incidents, Dokuchaievsk, Zaitseve, Trudivske, Staromykhailivka, Pikuzy and Sakhanka were shelled with 120 mm mortars. Zaitseve and Pikuzy also came under 82 mm mortar fire. BMP-1 armoured vehicles from Talakivka engaged pro-Russian positions at Pikuzy supported by infantry weapons, automatic grenade launchers and ZU-23-2 anti-aircraft guns. BMP-1 armoured vehicles from Dzerzhinske and Krasnohorivka fired upon pro-Russian forces at Gagarin mining complex, Staromykhailivka and Trudivske. BMP-2 armoured vehicles from Krasnohorivka, Talakivka, Zhovanki, Novotroitske and Marinka launched attacks on pro-Russian redoubts at Staromykhailivka, Pikuzy, Zaitseve, Dokuchaievsk and Oleksandrivka.[272]

7 October
According to the information provided by the spokesman of the Ukrainian operational headquarters in the morning, pro-Russian troops had opened fire on 25 occasions on Ukrainian positions the previous day (including on 15 occasions in Donetsk region and on 10 occasions in Luhansk region);[270][271] the fire was returned on several occasions.[273] By morning of 7 October (as of 06:00 am) one ceasefire violation was registered, not far from Travneve;[270][271] six more ceasefire violations were registered by noon — at Novoluhanske, Zolote, Luhanske, Chermalyk, Novoluhanske, and Hladosove.[273] The spokesman of the Ministry of Defence confirmed at noon that one Ukrainian serviceman was killed (being the third fatality since the beginning of October) and one soldier was wounded in the Donbass region on 6 October.[273]

The press-centre of the JFO reported in the evening, that pro-Russian military had opened fire on positions of Ukrainian troops on seven more occasions by 06:00 pm, with no casualties reported by the Ukrainian side.[274]

source wiki
10 Oct 2019, 21:03 PM

I know the conflict firsthand by volunteering for an international battalion.
When I returned to my country they tried to prosecute me for terrorism since it is according to our laws that it is illegal for a citizen to fight in other people's wars, but I am freed thanks to dual citizenship.
It is a stagnant war that will not have a satisfactory end for Ukraine since when we talk about pro-Russians we really mean Russian soldiers sent by Moscow pretending to be citizens seeking independence. The theory of a friend is that they seek to do ethnic cleansing and eliminate the Cossack people but I think it exaggerates. It is a war for commercial and strategic interests that began when Ukraine insinuated to join the European Union and I imagine that Russia cannot allow its satellite countries to belong to NATO.
In my battalion there were Spaniards, Finns, Hungarians, Portuguese, Latvians and some Turkish. But we all left when the Ukrainians chose a comedian actor as president, a nation with so little brain does not deserve spilled blood.
10 Oct 2019, 21:25 PM

Civil war is always bad. Ukraine want go into EU, but EU don't want see Ukraine in their composition. Poland never agree, due to different opinions about Ukrainian nationalist, who are killed many poland people in WW2, while in Ukraine they are in official level treat as heroes who fought for Ukrainian independency. Russia also don't want see more USA bases on borders.
IMHO this war, more question about USA vs Russia, neither something else. I think, Russia continue support Donbas, while USA Ukraine. Especially, if Zelenskiy could give to Trump incriminating evidence about Baiden. And Trump could win next president chair. But if Trump will get impeachment...i don't envy to Zelenskiy, if he gave any info about Baiden.
11 Oct 2019, 04:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2019, 21:25 PMMaret
Civil war is always bad. Ukraine want go into EU, but EU don't want see Ukraine in their composition. Poland never agree, due to different opinions about Ukrainian nationalist, who are killed many poland people in WW2, while in Ukraine they are in official level treat as heroes who fought for Ukrainian independency. Russia also don't want see more USA bases on borders.
IMHO this war, more question about USA vs Russia, neither something else. I think, Russia continue support Donbas, while USA Ukraine. Especially, if Zelenskiy could give to Trump incriminating evidence about Baiden. And Trump could win next president chair. But if Trump will get impeachment...i don't envy to Zelenskiy, if he gave any info about Baiden.

Zelensky is a puppet and a weak leader for times of war.
Ukraine has every right to defend its national sovereign and it is not a civil war when the pro-Russian forces are integrated by Russian military, here we are talking about an invasion. Poland can hold their grudges when they were administrators of ethnic cleansing before the Second World War, you can't pretend to pursue Slavs and not get retaliation. People seem to forget that the Poles did with the Germans and Cossacks before the war, they are not ladies of charity.

20 Dec 2019, 03:48 AM

Updated interactive day by day site with information regarding the war

https://liveuamap.com/

30 Mar 2020, 19:29 PM

13 Apr 2020, 14:09 PM

23 February: The press centre of the Ukrainian Joint Forces recorded 14 pro-Russian violations of the ceasefire.[22] Pro-Russian forces intensified their operations on this date.[23] In the eastern area of operations, an airstrike was carried out by a hostile drone on Ukrainian positions around Talakivka fitted with a VOG-17 grenade launcher.[24] In the northern front, heavy shelling was reported at Novoleksandrivka, which became the target of 120 mm mortars and 122 mm artillery. BMP-2 armoured vehicles launched an attack on Luhanske, supported by grenade launchers, 82 mm mortars and 120 mm mortars. Krymske was hit by heavy machine gun fire, antitank rockets and 120 mm mortar volleys; 120 mm mortars were likewise fired at Orikhove. Novozvanivka, Zolote-4, Vilnyi and Popasna came under 82 mm mortar fire.[23]
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★