Login

russian armor

Soviet tanks are garbage

11 Oct 2019, 15:20 PM
Donator 11

I think the only problem I have is half the time the t-34(both 76&85) shoots, the shell simply just dumps out the end of the barrel not only blowing up in front of the tank and looking stupid but also never connecting a shot half the time. Its rly jarring and looks stupid unless Petrov forgot to put a powder charge in the gun.

Pretty sure other tanks such as the Cromwell also have this problem but this is most likely due to bad RNG rolls.
11 Oct 2019, 21:46 PM

Here’s a very nice video explaining how that’s not the case:

https://youtu.be/JnWNnI6YlQQ

Just because the soviet officer corps did eventually recover doesn't mean the purges didn't greatly affect the early war years.

Perhaps without the purges the soviets would have held in 1941. OTOH they might have tried harder to hold the line, and been encircled instead of retreating into the logistical nightmare that was the soviet heartland.
12 Oct 2019, 17:03 PM

Here’s a very nice video explaining how that’s not the case:

https://youtu.be/JnWNnI6YlQQ

Well, I've read too much over the years on the subject to change my opinion 180 degrees because of one vid. Anyway, purges not only eleiminated people, but those who remained were unable to make any independent decisions and were too scared to take initiative (what is imortant not only after the attack but also months and years before it, preparing troops and equipment and tactics). Stalin was also surprised (many sources state that) and wouldn't accept facts for a month or so, which led to a lot of indecisiveness. There are also many credible interpretations suggesting that the whole Soviet army was grouped to attack, not defend, which influenced the whole initial stage of Barbaross greatly. A long subject. One way or another it is good that Nazis were defeated.

Remember that many of the things this guy says is based solely on Soviet archives. What people write in documents in totalitarian states is just 300-1000% better than what it was in reality.
12 Oct 2019, 18:49 PM

Well, I've read too much over the years on the subject to change my opinion 180 degrees because of one vid. Anyway, purges not only eleiminated people, but those who remained were unable to make any independent decisions and were too scared to take initiative (what is imortant not only after the attack but also months and years before it, preparing troops and equipment and tactics). Stalin was also surprised (many sources state that) and wouldn't accept facts for a month or so, which led to a lot of indecisiveness. There are also many credible interpretations suggesting that the whole Soviet army was grouped to attack, not defend, which influenced the whole initial stage of Barbaross greatly. A long subject. One way or another it is good that Nazis were defeated.

Remember that many of the things this guy says is based solely on Soviet archives. What people write in documents in totalitarian states is just 300-1000% better than what it was in reality.

If the USSR had really prepared for an attack, it would not have had such a tragic beginning to the war. There were no preparations for an attack, only in conspiracy theories:
- almost all divisions had "peacetime staff" which means most divisions had from 4 thousand to 8 thousand people out of 14 thousand standard divisions
- fuel for tank units that were on the western border was stored in the Caucasus.
- if the USSR was preparing for an attack, then the troops were in full combat readiness, but this did not happen. The order of a possible attack was received only a few days before the war, and with a big caveat - not to succumb to provocations.
12 Oct 2019, 19:14 PM

If the USSR had really prepared for an attack, it would not have had such a tragic beginning to the war. There were no preparations for an attack, only in conspiracy theories:
- almost all divisions had "peacetime staff" which means most divisions had from 4 thousand to 8 thousand people out of 14 thousand standard divisions
- fuel for tank units that were on the western border was stored in the Caucasus.
- if the USSR was preparing for an attack, then the troops were in full combat readiness, but this did not happen. The order of a possible attack was received only a few days before the war, and with a big caveat - not to succumb to provocations.

They were far from combat readiness. They were grouped like ducks for slaughter - clusteres planes on airstrips, tanks parked one next to another, etc.

But it would have been - some of the most devastaiting losses happen when you are grouped in attack formations and are fired at with concentrated arty barrage.
20 Apr 2020, 16:25 PM

Permanently Banned
why has the t34 still not made cheaper? It is unusable!
It should be 80 fuel and 8 pop.;
t34/85 should be 110 fuel, 10 pop

and light tanks are hardcore overpriced.
20 Apr 2020, 16:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Oct 2019, 18:57 PMRitter
Kv8 tank secondary gun cant even destroy light vehicles.
Flame attacking infantry, it takes 1 min to kill a damn squad wiith it. How is it juistified that FIRE kills so SLOW??!?? It should kill infanytry immidiately!!!!! Before the damn flame tank kills anything, the enemy has already retreated his troops.

KV8 is the most underpowered tank in the game. I bet there were so many kids complaining abut flame vehicless that they decided to nerf this tank to oblivion.

M4c tank is the most overpriced tank in this game!

T84s' are garbage, no further words needed.

STOP NERFING AND RUINING THE GAME!
ANTI TANK SHOULD BE EFFECTIVE VS TANKS< DONT RUIN IT!!!
ANTI INFANTRY SHOULD BE EFFECTIVE VS INFANTRY< DONT RUIN IT!

IM GETTING SICK AND TIRED OF THE NERFING EVERYTHING THAT SHOULD BE GOOD, MAKING EVERYTHING MEDIOCRE!

What?? Really??

Sovs have the most cost-effective medium tank in the game (T34/76), the best medium tank (T34/85), the best TD (SU85), the best LV (T70), really good arty (Katy), great Heavys (IS2, ISU152, KV2), Antitank is great, with an OP barrage ability, Durable infantry, Do I need to continue?

Cmon.
20 Apr 2020, 19:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2020, 16:25 PMRitter
why has the t34 still not made cheaper? It is unusable!
It should be 80 fuel and 8 pop.;
t34/85 should be 110 fuel, 10 pop

and light tanks are hardcore overpriced.

Um, no.

The T34/76 is probably the most cost efficient tank in the game. I've had games where I've had over 40 kills with one. They're less manpower than some infantry squads.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★