Login

russian armor

T34/85 or KV1 in Soviet Industry Commander?

6 Oct 2019, 23:46 PM

so, ive been using the kv-2 the last day or 2 in team games and despite my always saying it should have a barrage.... the siege mode is REALLY good... the extra range it amazing when used with attack ground... i think its actually in a good spot, at least for team games

edit
something however i didnt use even once was the inspire ability. it doesnt really fit with its lock down mode, seems sorta off imo. its an alright tank in its normal mobile mode, but not really a "with infantry" kind of tank as the only times i moved it up was to engage mgs outside its lock down range that was hindering my infantry already.
7 Oct 2019, 12:27 PM

so, ive been using the kv-2 the last day or 2 in team games and despite my always saying it should have a barrage.... the siege mode is REALLY good... the extra range it amazing when used with attack ground... i think its actually in a good spot, at least for team games

edit
something however i didnt use even once was the inspire ability. it doesnt really fit with its lock down mode, seems sorta off imo. its an alright tank in its normal mobile mode, but not really a "with infantry" kind of tank as the only times i moved it up was to engage mgs outside its lock down range that was hindering my infantry already.

yeah the inspire ability would be better replaced with a stat boost for the unit itself.

7 Oct 2019, 12:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Oct 2019, 12:27 PMGrim

yeah the inspire ability would be better replaced with a stat boost for the unit itself.

The majority of units do not get stat boost at vet 1, one could design a better vet 1 ability.
7 Oct 2019, 13:59 PM

HOw about hte same ability as KT have? Where lock turret in 90 degree cone?
7 Oct 2019, 14:54 PM

The Kv2 vet 1 ability seems decent but considering you only have cons/penals in industry buffing infantry is a little iffy synergy. It gives them all sprint though and it's not expensive so it probably could see more use. (25 munis for an aoe oorah and -20% weapons cd)

Spearhead would be quite strong, It would allow for self spotting and therefore greater accuracy and survivability, plus it fits the urban breakthrough tank theme, It would be a good add and differentiate it better from the IS2.

Additionally, if the Kv-1 or T34-85 is added to this doctrine in place of the Kv-8, you can remove duplicate vet 1 abilities in the doctrine.

I would also suggest looking at capping mode on the t34-85. It's okay but it could serve to be differentiated more from the t-70 and 76 by having a different ability, such as a cromwell smoke shell. Smoke being a bit lacking for soviets if you do not callin shocks.
7 Oct 2019, 16:16 PM

I would also suggest looking at capping mode on the t34-85. It's okay but it could serve to be differentiated more from the t-70 and 76 by having a different ability, such as a cromwell smoke shell. Smoke being a bit lacking for soviets if you do not callin shocks.

T-3485 have models of smoke chargers on rear - we could instead capping point, make smoke like churchill have.
7 Oct 2019, 16:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Oct 2019, 16:16 PMMaret

T-3485 have models of smoke chargers on rear - we could instead capping point, make smoke like churchill have.

Only without slowing down. For the T-34-76, it would be simple to add a smoke shell, but this smoke shell uses yellow phosphorus. So you can use phosphorus shells from other fractions, but without burning. Small damage from an explosion (66-80 grams of TNT depending on the type of round), like grenade and slowing down the movement of an infantryman from phosphorus.
7 Oct 2019, 20:36 PM

Some solid ideas.

I like the idea of a spearhead mode for the KV2, would definitely be interesting and probably see more use than the inspire ability.

7 Oct 2019, 21:02 PM

RE: Industry

Why not focus a bit on the CEs for this commander? Perhaps something like 0cp = CE's work 25%(or whatever number) faster when 1) repairing, 2) building things, and 3) laying field defenses

And later give them a 5 man upgrade, maybe at CP4, to scale them even more.

Just a thought since CE's really don't get any attention at all.
7 Oct 2019, 21:08 PM

In game IRC there is model of zis-truck. Why not make the same ability like OSt have? When truck give you resources and link your points. Truck fit to industry much more than fuel drop. While fuel drop fit more to lend lease as something that comes to you from beyond.
7 Oct 2019, 21:18 PM

Problem with industry doc - it need only one repair ability and repair stations fit to it well. While selfrepair too much and don't need at all. But if someone want - we can replace selfrepair with ability to repair critical damage like OKW elite armor have. But it don't fit to industry theme IMHO.
IMHO:
1. KV-2
2. Repair stations
3. Fasten armor production - vehicles build almost in blink of eye
4. Zis-Truck
5. Advanced engeeniring training - CE could lay mines, barbwires and build buildings much more faster, conscripts could lay mines and barbwire.
8 Oct 2019, 02:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Oct 2019, 21:08 PMMaret
In game IRC there is model of zis-truck. Why not make the same ability like OSt have? When truck give you resources and link your points. Truck fit to industry much more than fuel drop. While fuel drop fit more to lend lease as something that comes to you from beyond.

I like this idea very much.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS