Login

russian armor

Grens UP & G43s suck

PAGES (13)down
1 Oct 2019, 18:55 PM

Rifles seem to be much more potent against ass grens now. Anybody realised that? Maybe g43s should be given to ass grens now...
1 Oct 2019, 19:11 PM

Jilet got a good solution if needed. Increase the cost and with it the overall benefits from g43, OP wants earlier G43s and that can be done with higher munition cost for the upgrade, because that self limits its stability in early game and punishes blobs in late game.

But would pgren get 4 g43s too?
1 Oct 2019, 19:19 PM

It's not a straight dps increase. A straight dps increase would be dps buff at all ranges. Did Riflemen get that? No. Pretty fucking simple. Don't know why you needed to drag this out over so many posts

I've literally said "im wrong" to you yourself within in the last month. Idk why you're making this personal, I admit when I'm wrong plenty
nope as straight dps increase is just a dps increase without draw backs ( unlike let's say RE and CE change in weapon profile)

what u mean is an increase at all ranges
1 Oct 2019, 19:43 PM

what u mean is an increase at all ranges

I'm sorry you don't like my word choice. I gave a clear example to distinguish what I was talking about...

Now can you try to make a post about grens/g43s, or whine about my posts somewhere else?
1 Oct 2019, 19:51 PM

i really dont think its an issue. the g43 upgrade offers increased mobile firepower and better damage up close, 2 things grens struggle with. as an upgrade i think its fine, i believe the hang up is more in the fact that pgrens come sooner now so such an upgrade doesnt really have a place as pgrens do it better. changing the upgrade would require more of an overhaul.

although i cant think of any good reason that g43s should make grens superiour to rifles. thats nonsense to hope for as rifles are the heart of usf and if a single upgrade on cheaper infantry can invalidate that while retaing access to the games best support weapons.... well usf would be done for.

the g43 is more for fighting the likes of brits at this point as they out static the ostheer and the g42 allows grens to put on the pressure while still being able to out produce the brits.

its niche but not useless

also as to the rifles got buffed so grens need to gert buffed...thats not how the game works. grens will still lose where they lost before, just a bit quicker. thats it.its not upsetting balance by any means...
1 Oct 2019, 20:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Oct 2019, 14:13 PMVipper

Check your numbers they are off.

I find it amusing that for someone who doesn't seem to turn calculus app off you aren't aware what a ~ sign means when next to a number.
1 Oct 2019, 20:38 PM

also as to the rifles got buffed so grens need to gert buffed...thats not how the game works. grens will still lose where they lost before, just a bit quicker. thats it.its not upsetting balance by any means...

This is my stance as well. Pretty much agreed on the whole post

I don't think cp2 is really that late for the upgrade, and they are pretty good already
1 Oct 2019, 20:43 PM

I think G43s are mostly suffering from how good the mg42 upgrade is and how the “mid range” sweet spot they could potentially carve out as a niche, with assgrens taking the close range and mg42 the long range, is severy limited in this game by how close sight and weapon ranges are.

I think the balance team needs to evaluate the g43 upgrade over the championship and see if it needs to be improved.
1 Oct 2019, 21:18 PM

G43 Grenadier squads are weak individually:

- Low squad size at 4 men.
- Not particularly great RA at 0,7 when vetted.
- Not cheap at 30 mp per model.

They get handily beaten by Penals and unupgraded Rifles at short range.

You need to blob them to make this less of a factor. I mean making around 5-6 G43 Grenadier squads and always grouping some together. It can be quite effective against Soviets that spam conbags and against UKF players, but honestly just using Assault Grenadiers or Panzergrenadiers will yield more result because those squads can achieve more with less.

I personally prefer G43 Panzergrenadiers for their great long range dps and being able to easily force away squads that get close. They're like a union between LMG Grenadiers and STG Panzergrenadiers.
1 Oct 2019, 21:28 PM

Not much to add here. One could try giving them only to panzergrens and replace them with mp40 for grens so that they don't overlap with lmg upgrade. For me, like many ppl above suggested, it is better to upgrade grens with lmgs.
2 Oct 2019, 00:59 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Slightly unrelated, but i would love seeing the G43 + Rifle nade animation bug fixed if possible.
2 Oct 2019, 02:18 AM

G43 Grenadier squads are weak individually:

- Low squad size at 4 men.
- Not particularly great RA at 0,7 when vetted.
- Not cheap at 30 mp per model.

They get handily beaten by Penals and unupgraded Rifles at short range.

You need to blob them to make this less of a factor. I mean making around 5-6 G43 Grenadier squads and always grouping some together. It can be quite effective against Soviets that spam conbags and against UKF players, but honestly just using Assault Grenadiers or Panzergrenadiers will yield more result because those squads can achieve more with less.

I personally prefer G43 Panzergrenadiers for their great long range dps and being able to easily force away squads that get close. They're like a union between LMG Grenadiers and STG Panzergrenadiers.

Perhaps a small target size bonus with the g43s might help?
2 Oct 2019, 02:25 AM

Grens should have a choice between lmg or g43 upgrade, non doctrine.
2 Oct 2019, 02:50 AM

Grens should have a choice between lmg or g43 upgrade, non doctrine.

Why?
USF lmgs literally occupy a space in the HQ and they are not always available, why should a design altering upgrade be?
The point of doctrinal abilities is to offer a change to what is stock, the g43 is a great example of that making static, long range grens into mobile mid range infantry. No reason it should be always available.
2 Oct 2019, 03:26 AM

The target size change for g43 grens actually makes a lot of sense. Especially since they get no RA bonus at all anymore. Even with the RD modifier, it seems like that traded some survivability against small arms for more survivability against explosives

Overall I think that was a good change, but for g43 grens it could be hurting them. Less static, so less vulnerable to explosives to with
2 Oct 2019, 03:55 AM

Yes considering 7 man cons get 0.65 ra at vet.
Grens is overpowered late game even if they can better survive arty. I don't think grens should lose all ra.

I don't get the idea grens are the ideal mainline infantry that relic is afraid to buff them for free...
2 Oct 2019, 04:01 AM

Grens are the best 240 MP unit in the game BY FAR. Look at the price difference between Grens and Rifles, 40 MP. Then look at the preformance difference, there pretty close even if Rifles have a little bit of an edge. Now look at the price difference between Rear Echeleons and Grens, also 40 MP but the preformance gap is huge.
2 Oct 2019, 04:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Oct 2019, 04:01 AMCODGUY
Grens are the best 240 MP unit in the game BY FAR. Look at the price difference between Grens and Rifles, 40 MP. Then look at the preformance difference, there pretty close even if Rifles have a little bit of an edge. Now look at the price difference between Rear Echeleons and Grens, also 40 MP but the preformance gap is huge.

Yeah, only 40MP makes grens utterly trash against riflemen. The difference is 20% of the squad cost or 1/5. If only Gren design wasnt different to RM design...:rolleyes:

This was the worst comparison ever being made and it even backfired.

And comparing gren to RET is plain retard, im not going to answer that.
2 Oct 2019, 05:53 AM

Yeah, only 40MP makes grens utterly trash against riflemen. The difference is 20% of the squad cost or 1/5. If only Gren design wasnt different to RM design...:rolleyes:

This was the worst comparison ever being made and it even backfired.

And comparing gren to RET is plain retard, im not going to answer that.

You already forgot how only 10 mp difference made cons utter trash compared to volks?
40 mp between generalist infantries is a MASSIVE cost difference.
2 Oct 2019, 09:28 AM

Yes considering 7 man cons get 0.65 ra at vet.
Grens is overpowered late game even if they can better survive arty. I don't think grens should lose all ra.

I don't get the idea grens are the ideal mainline infantry that relic is afraid to buff them for free...

why is it that mrgame2 is always met with constant criticism and opposition to his ideas with many people telling him to learn to play.... perhaps it is a deficiency on his end that he refuses to acknowledge

and yet he refuses to learn to play... then again this is the dumbass that loses panthers to AECs and thinks the mg42 is underpowered... maybe the mods should limit the amount of posts this guy can make soo he becomes less of a nuisance to the forums?
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS