Login

russian armor

Problems against armor in the lategame

29 Sep 2019, 03:07 AM

I've started to get my ass handed at me around minute 20 because I can't quite counter axis armor realiably enough.

The biggest problems are instances when tanks can just manouver in close quartes, like the castle at eindhoven country or some houses where they can pivot around.

T34s are useless on their own (they are not even fast enough to surround enemy armor), and to get them in time to fight P4s you need to skip the T70, which is a mandatory unit in the current meta.

The Su85 has great synergies with the T70, has great range and great rate of fire with vet, but its really clumsy, making it hard to move around making it hard to manouver and really vulnerable to dives. This unit hass become mandatory to deal with mediums because the Su76 was nerfed into the dust, and it low health, damage and penetration making it a subpar zis not worth the fuel its costs.

I've never trusted T34/85s to fight armor, because their penetration and rate of fire are still subpar compared to P4s

People tell me I have to trade my units with more expensive ones, but the only thing that can cost-effectively trade with the german armor are the T34s

1 Oct 2019, 23:16 PM

The Soviets have undoubtedly the worst stock late game armor and arguably the worst armor period in this game. I'm not saying it's necessarily terrible but it's not nearly as potent as Axis armor and doesn't synergize nearly as well as what USF and UKF have.

What to do? Well you can try armored assault doctrine that will give you access to more powerful T34/85s as well as an IS2 heavy tank.
9 Oct 2019, 12:02 PM

I've started to get my ass handed at me around minute 20 because I can't quite counter axis armor realiably enough.

The biggest problems are instances when tanks can just manouver in close quartes, like the castle at eindhoven country or some houses where they can pivot around.

T34s are useless on their own (they are not even fast enough to surround enemy armor), and to get them in time to fight P4s you need to skip the T70, which is a mandatory unit in the current meta.

The Su85 has great synergies with the T70, has great range and great rate of fire with vet, but its really clumsy, making it hard to move around making it hard to manouver and really vulnerable to dives. This unit hass become mandatory to deal with mediums because the Su76 was nerfed into the dust, and it low health, damage and penetration making it a subpar zis not worth the fuel its costs.

I've never trusted T34/85s to fight armor, because their penetration and rate of fire are still subpar compared to P4s

People tell me I have to trade my units with more expensive ones, but the only thing that can cost-effectively trade with the german armor are the T34s

I think you just have to treat the SU85 as you would a Zis. You don't throw a Zis in to the main fight. You let it sit back and wreck armour. The T70 chases off wannabe heroes that think they can get the drop on your SU85 while your infantry probe/counter attack. After the new patch, it does seem that SU85 and T70 are the only options left. I've had good results with KV8 as a beefier anti infantry to support SU85.

Shock troop commander with the KV8 and IS2 brings good utility.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 97
Netherlands 15
France 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak