Login

russian armor

So where are we on Balance?

28 Sep 2019, 04:40 AM

Not really sure where I stand on this patch.

Soviets are okay, nothing really feels like it changed here but I never play them much.

Brits - very meh. Nerfing their Infantry Sections was a bad idea, the faction only has two effective infantry units on one is doctrinal only, they depended alot on Infantry Sections which is why they were supposed to be so good in the first place. The Bofors delete was dumb and unnecessary but not the end of the world since AEC was better. Jacked up the pop count on the Churchill, God I really hate it when they do that, for ANY unit in ANY faction.

USF - Meh maybe a little better not much has changed, still an uphill battle against your opponents, M20 and Stuart for some reason seems to be a meta but they weren't buffed so I don't know why.

OST - Nothing feels like it changed much here, still pretty easy. As long as you know the maps and the correct positions for your MGs it's pretty smooth sailing. Grens might be the best mainline infantry now, very strong very cheap, preformance definitely doesn't match cost, they're like the Fallschrimjagers for OST.

OKW - Early game nerfs but still has infantry advantage over USF (and probably UKF now too) with early upgrades and earlier elite infantry arrival plus that whole Fallschrimjager fiasco but I think this kind of thing is to be expected for patches going forward. The community by and large wants stronger Axis infantry and weaker Allied infantry even though the original balance depended on Allied infantry advantages but they're not really there anymore and really haven't been for a while.

28 Sep 2019, 05:43 AM

Over-all, I'd say balance is pretty good right now. There aren't any units (that I can think of) that are OP/UP, and there doesn't seem to be a "meta commander" for each faction (yet), which is a nice change.

Baring massive faction re-works that are exceedingly unlikely (i.e. UKF brit cover 'bonus' system, USF/OKW tech tree), I really don't see that much being changed in a drastic manner. We're likely going to be getting minor "+/- 5%" type changes or 'consistency' changes; like fixing the inconsistent off-map friendly fire damage values or bringing units "in line" with core design ideas (Churchill rear armor).

With that said, I do think that the majority of "balance" issues are now within the maps themselves. IMO, there just aren't that many "good" maps, and I find myself using the exact same veto list I've been using for years.
28 Sep 2019, 10:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2019, 04:40 AMCODGUY

Grens might be the best mainline infantry now, very strong very cheap, preformance definitely doesn't match cost, they're like the Fallschrimjagers for OST.

:snfPeter:
28 Sep 2019, 10:26 AM

>they changed nothing for gren apart from vet 3 that makes them weaker vs small arms and buffed riflemen

nobody:

literally the whole universe:

CODGUY : GrEn ArE oP

:rofl::rofl::rofl::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:
28 Sep 2019, 10:48 AM

I love how Soviets are “okay” since he doesn’t play them.
28 Sep 2019, 10:58 AM

I totally agree with you.

I am also outrage at why the rear echelon cannot compete on equal terms with the grenadiers, just as the grenadiers almost compete on equal terms with the Riflemans. After all, the difference in both cases is 40 man power.

Real echelon 200 mp vs Grens 240 mp
Grens 240 mp vs Riflemans 280 mp

28 Sep 2019, 12:06 PM

This is di retarted, u know what range is right ?

Cons beat pfusi

Cons beat jli

CE beat pio

CE beat mp40 stormtrooper

Etc

Ur point
28 Sep 2019, 13:28 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

he's a good entertainer

Attack the message, not the messenger.

As i said in other post, if you found someones opinion outrageous (even if you might be right), why not just let the post go by at let it die in silence. By commenting you are just giving some sort of validation to his post.
28 Sep 2019, 13:30 PM

We are at absolute US dominance.

Buffed Rifle blobs.
50 cals (have fun countering these as OKW).
And Pershing cancer.
28 Sep 2019, 15:44 PM

There are already after patches balance threads. I find OP misleading and biased towards the actual game balance situation. Regardless of that i think the game balance is far better than older (i mean very old) patches.

SU team weapons could receive a little more attention
28 Sep 2019, 15:49 PM

It takes a while for the metagame to settle down after a balance patch. Tactics and strategies adapt, new dominant strategies emerge.

Y'all need to give it time. You can't judge a new patch on the old patch's strats.
28 Sep 2019, 15:59 PM

Codguys, can u show us any example of what u are saying ?

Cause I can show 5 game with THE 2 top player of coh2 only winning vs USF vs each other stomping both okw and ost and winning 1000 dollars
28 Sep 2019, 16:04 PM

I love how Soviets are “okay” since he doesn’t play them.
yea lol i was dieing when i read that. sov might be the worst . Su 85 sucks way to bad and is clunky/slow and cant turn lol
28 Sep 2019, 17:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2019, 13:30 PMButcher
We are at absolute US dominance.

Buffed Rifle blobs.
50 cals (have fun countering these as OKW).
And Pershing cancer.

exactly thats my feeling too. top 1 teams in 4v4 play double usf and double soviets.

-> maxim spam with clown cars / rifle blobs with mortar and m20s /m14 -> gg axies
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 40
Germany 733
unknown 7

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak