Login

russian armor

allow 7 man Conscripts PPSH41 or PTRS

PAGES (7)down
26 Sep 2019, 15:21 PM

Thank you, I spend a good while thinking about it.
Correct me if im wrong but is soviet tier1/2 not a the moment the other factions get their first tech building up? So the PPSH would come at the same time as the MG42/STG. Maybe they could be bundled with the grenades like so:

Conscript utility upgrade:
PPSH41
Molotov
AT nade

200 manpower
50 fuel

Maybe adjust the pricing of the PPSH accordingly in this case.

This would be ideal.

Personally I'd finish making the cons competitive by lowering their cost to 220mp and their reinforce cost by 3-4mp per model.
26 Sep 2019, 15:48 PM

Thank you, I spend a good while thinking about it.
Correct me if im wrong but is soviet tier1/2 not a the moment the other factions get their first tech building up? So the PPSH would come at the same time as the MG42/STG. Maybe they could be bundled with the grenades like so:

Conscript utility upgrade:
PPSH41
Molotov
AT nade

200 manpower
50 fuel

Maybe adjust the pricing of the PPSH accordingly in this case.

Soviet t1/2 is affordable as soon as the match begins so might as well not be locked if it's tied to one of them

I'm not a fan of the big bundle like that because some people will only want their cons as AT nade holders, and 50 fuel for a snare is pretty steep.

I think just making the pair as is a prerequisite would be sufficient as it's a clear indication of investing in conscripts and conscripts alone. Getting a weapon upgrade for doing so seems reasonable imo.
26 Sep 2019, 22:08 PM

Sounds good, especially the Advanced Warfare IL2 attack replacement. Soviet Reserve would still be trash though. Tank hunter partisans suck, ML20 is very situational, Conscript Repair Kit is meh. Only the 7th man combined with For Mother Russia would be a replacement for elite infantry and that's about it for that doctrine imho. You'd be better picking any doctrine with Guards. Honestly, picking a doctrine that has "reserve" in its name already suggests that you pick it if there is nothing else available.

They should bring back Irregulars, but reworked to be awesome. I concepted this as part of a greater rework to Partisans Doctrine, but it works for Reserve Army since they used to be a part of it as well:

Soviet Irregulars - Battle hardened partisans formed of Red Army soldiers encircled during Barbarossa. They are equipped with stolen enemy weapons.
3x Obersoldaten Kar 98k
1x Grenadier LMG 42
Throw Stielhandgranate

I was tempted to throw captured Panzerfaust's in there, but I kind of feel like there's enough snares in the game. Might work if you go Penal heavy or skip AT Grenades, but neh, elite infantry generally don't have a snare.
26 Sep 2019, 23:36 PM

Soviet Irregulars - Battle hardened partisans formed of Red Army soldiers encircled during Barbarossa. They are equipped with stolen enemy weapons.
3x Obersoldaten Kar 98k
1x Grenadier LMG 42
Throw Stielhandgranate

I don't know man, I feel like having another tanky long range unit kinda overlaps with guards too much. What I would say that soviets need is commando style ambush infantry. Maybe a rework like mine would be interesting

Irregulars 300MP 17MP reinforce:
Decent cooldown time to prevent spam

3x Mosins (Conscript model)
3x KAR89k (Volksgrenadier model)
spawn in buildings
Ambush camo (only in cover like the one from Wher Jaeger doctrine)
Molotov (needs tech)
AT grenade (needs tech)
vet 1 PMD6 anti personnel mine (the one from defensive doctrine)

can upgrade for 100 muni:
3x PPSH (Conscript model)
3x MP40 (Assault Grenadier model)
upgrade to commando camo (when moving slowly)

Their veterancy should be scaled in such a way that they start out weak and only in a support and sabotage role and get progressively stronger at combat for example

Vet 1 PMD6 anti personnel mine and cooldown bonus

Vet 2 Increase squad survivability and ambush damage

Vet 3 Accuracy bonus
28 Sep 2019, 04:09 AM

I don't know man, I feel like having another tanky long range unit kinda overlaps with guards too much. What I would say that soviets need is commando style ambush infantry. Maybe a rework like mine would be interesting

Irregulars 300MP 17MP reinforce:
Decent cooldown time to prevent spam

3x Mosins (Conscript model)
3x KAR89k (Volksgrenadier model)
spawn in buildings
Ambush camo (only in cover like the one from Wher Jaeger doctrine)
Molotov (needs tech)
AT grenade (needs tech)
vet 1 PMD6 anti personnel mine (the one from defensive doctrine)

can upgrade for 100 muni:
3x PPSH (Conscript model)
3x MP40 (Assault Grenadier model)
upgrade to commando camo (when moving slowly)

Their veterancy should be scaled in such a way that they start out weak and only in a support and sabotage role and get progressively stronger at combat for example

Vet 1 PMD6 anti personnel mine and cooldown bonus

Vet 2 Increase squad survivability and ambush damage

Vet 3 Accuracy bonus

That seems pretty similar to the role that SMG Partisans currently hold anyway. Personally I feel like Soviets are kind of lacking on genuine Elite Infantry like Obersoldaten, Panzergrenadiers, Rangers, etc. They have Guards, but those are only above-par rather than feeling very elite, their rifles are only on-par with Volksgrenadiers, and they have the worst faction Anti-Tank weapon and Machine Guns. Shock Troops and Assault Guards (now that they have Thompsons) are the only two that strike me as true Elite Infantry.

My idea was to bring them something similar to Obersoldaten, veterans troops that have been hardened by years of unending war seemed like an interesting idea to bring to the Soviet Faction. In this case, they have been fighting alone for years with minimal contact to the Soviet state.
28 Sep 2019, 07:44 AM

They have Guards, but those are only above-par rather than feeling very elite, their rifles are only on-par with Volksgrenadiers,

Guards Mosins actually deal 16 damage and are way closer to ober kar98k's than you'd think, atleast iirc.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS