Login

russian armor

Suggestion: 1v1 wins required to join team games

1 Nov 2013, 21:02 PM
Patrion 14

NEWSFLASH: Not everyone has friends online every time they want to play a team game. Obviously they want a casual game that 4v4 can offer. What they don't want is an incompetent person that has no business operating a computer joining their team. The game can be fun playing with random people of lower skill. It is not fun when the person playing with a hammer is on your team - the type of people this discussion is about.

For a constructive post then:

The way I have tried expanding my friendslist for 2v2s (or bigger) is the following:

When I play with ppl both with, and against, that I seem to connect with, I add them to steam. Either they play well, provide intelligent resitance and or are nice in chat.
Once friended, I usually try to get a game with them quite early so they dont forget who I am and what the heck Im doing in their friendslist. Not all of them might be players I play regularly with, some I havent played with still. But the list grows all the time. And its fun to get to know new ppl.

Tip of the day: Be social and add the ones you connect with, and you will most likely end up with a bigger friendlist.
2 Nov 2013, 00:16 AM

I suggest you join one of those 4v4 clans...There are tons. EasyCompany is one of the older COH casual clans. Just play a few games with them before you commit...(wink wink nudge nudge)

A good teammate is more important in COH2...I can't just completely dominate my guy the way I did in COH1 random 2v2 and win the game. Just doesn't ever seem to work that way.

2 Nov 2013, 01:58 AM

The better option is better training for people getting into the MP. That is partly what ToW set out to do, but again, it's limited to 1 or 2 players. Perhaps a DOTA2 Style MP training mission, simple but effective, that is constantly updated with every patch and should be made to be easily updated.

You need to have MP features that promote good teamwork and sportsmanship, and punishes toxic players.

Also to make good use of various tech and features that support team play.

For example, Steamworks has steam's built in voice chat, but it wasn't implemented. It would have been a great addition for CoH2 to use voice chat. It's always so crazy that RTS games that require the same, if not more, teamwork than shooters aren't using it. It's always a risk talking to a random guy online, but that's why you have a mute option. Of course, this assumes steam's voice chat is free to use.

Other things, like a more robust ping system. More useful UI with elements built in for teamwork (such as small icons that show units building).

These things may seem far fetched, but the OP was essentially asking for major code changes anyway, so those are mine.

As I've posted elsewhere, I think relic really missed out on all the advances in teamplay RTS games, as well as the overall shift in how things are handled. Heck, I do think a lot of people fall into the old ways of thinking about RTS games, which is why they are in such decline.

You can't talk, in the same breath, about how it's hard to find good teammates or opponents in CoH2, then start suggesting functionality that would ultimately cause people to turn away and go play the other team games that handle things better.
2 Nov 2013, 03:51 AM

For a constructive post then:

The way I have tried expanding my friendslist for 2v2s (or bigger) is the following:

When I play with ppl both with, and against, that I seem to connect with, I add them to steam. Either they play well, provide intelligent resitance and or are nice in chat.
Once friended, I usually try to get a game with them quite early so they dont forget who I am and what the heck Im doing in their friendslist. Not all of them might be players I play regularly with, some I havent played with still. But the list grows all the time. And its fun to get to know new ppl.

Tip of the day: Be social and add the ones you connect with, and you will most likely end up with a bigger friendlist.

Is it really that hard to imagine a scenario where I only have time for one game and I don't want to spend 15 minutes corralling people for a 30 minute game?
3 Nov 2013, 16:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Nov 2013, 18:35 PMTurtle

Both the OP and Nullist's posts is typical of the wanna be elitist posts and mindset that drags down RTS gaming communities.

I strongly object to any linking between myself and Trollist! :(
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 11
United States 3
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %