Login

russian armor

Just another LMG suggestion.

2 Nov 2013, 09:15 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post2 Nov 2013, 08:49 AMTurtle
Killing with rifles involves a bit too much on crits.

Explain this please? What crits are you talking about specifically?

There are no actual crits in small arms combat. There is, however, a kind of crit applied to a hit that reduces the model to zero or below. But thats just an internal system that means models dont actually die from being reduced to zero hp, but by an additional crit afforded to the hit that does so, which then kills the model.

There are no "head-shot" style RNG crits in small arms combat though, despite popular misconception.
A Con or Gren cant suddenly, luckily, roll a crit and do extra dmg.

Nope, it's not.
Because the full loss of a man is always worse than having 2 men that are at lower health. It gives more time in the long run to run away.

You seemingly completely misunderstood my post, specifically about the spread.
A spread would result in more kills on a unit that is already dmged. Possibly even 2 models killed in a burst, if they are dmged already. Do you understand?

Basically, if the LMG DmG is spread, it could result in multiple mow health model deaths, to the same burst.

I understand your point about the effects of losing a rifle model, but if LMG is spread, there is a chance you will lose more than one rifle, on low health models, on a spread burst.

LMG may have a delay, but even with the delay, we've all seen how quickly an LMG cuts down whatever it targets, even from within cover.

You also misunderstood this part completely too. The delay happens only once it has finished its current target. Has nothing to do with how long it fires at its current target. You basically completely misunderstood my point.

So do you see now how I mean ot could potentially be a net buff?

As I stated before, it would mean an undamaged fresh unit wouldnt lose the first model as quickly, but if its a dmged unit, it WILL lose models quicker, due to the dps being spread, and potentially therefore killing more than one low hp model, in a single burst.

Would nerf LMG slightly against a fresh unit, but more often than not, that is not the case, units usually have atlesst a little dmg. Would also mean the longer an LMG concentrates fire, the more likely you will lose multiple models, rahpther than one at a time.

Its sort of like turning LMG fromma sniper style weapon, into a flamer style weapon. Instead of fucisng one model with extreme force, it will potentially kill multiple models, but at a lower rate.

Its an interesting proposal, and has some merit. But as I outline above, I dont think it would have the result some people expect it wouls, but rather the kind of result I have outlined, which arguably, is a net buff to LMG.
2 Nov 2013, 16:36 PM
Donator 33

Killing with rifles involves a bit too much on crits.

Explain this please? What crits are you talking about specifically?

Eupo Paraphrasing Nully; "do you mean the non-existing crits that I just made up right here and now, or those actually in the game used whenever you need a kill? EXPLAIN!"

Well take an educated guess!
You really are the residential idiot* of these boards and you single handedly lower the quality of the discussion in any thread you participate in.

- But more than that, you require... No DEMAND, by means of your excessive spam-posting in every god d*** thread, that people clear up the misconceptions you get from only reading numbers instead of playing the game - and when you do play, only one faction.

This is not "ad hominem" - it is other posters trying to have an enlightening discussion, being forced to spell out the not inconsiderable complexity of CoH2 for you, time and time again, FOR THEM to be able to have a simple conversation without you wall-spamming insensible questions and/or statements.

At first, they were letting you know - thoroughly.
Then they made "fanclubs" and put your quotes in their signatures.
But you still didn't get it.

Now, every sensible person's reaction to you entering a thread is best presented with this gif.

Would you please get a hold of yourself? All you need to do is post less.

Do you understand?

Yes, he do understand. You don't.
2 Nov 2013, 17:31 PM

Well take an educated guess!
You really are the residential idiot* of these boards and you single handedly lower the quality of the discussion in any thread you participate in.

uh well nullist has a point. there are no such thing as crits for small arms, except the crits when a unit has 0 hp. so i dont really understand what your paraphrasing is supposed to mean. the only guess i have is turtle doesnt mean crits, but is actually referring to RNG and accuracy. thats just a guess though, since he used the wrong term his post is unclear. nullists post may a be a little long winded, but asking turtle to clarify is justified.
2 Nov 2013, 17:45 PM

Permanently Banned

Would you please get a hold of yourself?

You might want to try this yourself.

And yes, infact your entire post is ad hominem.
Not one line was on-topic. Not a single one.
3 Nov 2013, 05:55 AM

The LMG needs a deserved damage nerf,lost my last 4 games due to Gren LMG spam,early game is too easy in favor of Germans :(
3 Nov 2013, 09:06 AM

Weird suggestion but tell me what you gentlemen think. Instead of adjusting the damage of the LMG 42 have a 60 munition upgrade to the SN-42 body armor.

My thought process here is that the body armor would take away OooooooooooRAAAAAAAHhh! from the squad (as to not be spammed but providing an effective counter to this LMG spam model). I don't know what a good armor amount would be but the idea would be this squad could be a stop gap before penals or shock troopers.
3 Nov 2013, 18:44 PM

Weird suggestion but tell me what you gentlemen think. Instead of adjusting the damage of the LMG 42 have a 60 munition upgrade to the SN-42 body armor.

My thought process here is that the body armor would take away OooooooooooRAAAAAAAHhh! from the squad (as to not be spammed but providing an effective counter to this LMG spam model). I don't know what a good armor amount would be but the idea would be this squad could be a stop gap before penals or shock troopers.

isnt that the armor that the shocks have? might seem wierd having the same armor but different armor values. besides that, i dont really like the idea. it completely changes conscripts and would indirectly cause other changes. if cons have a higher armor value, you could start using them to merge with more than just penals. you could merge with guards or shocks without giving up armor.

i dont think the lmg needs a nerf, i think it just shows up too soon. ppsh also needs to be changed. its op for its price. most people just dont use it right. for some reason, the singleplayer ppsh is used by cons. it has dps similar to the lmg. its almost like getting 2 lmgs for 20 munitions. the problem is it doesnt have a near range. so to get the full 16 dps you need to be at 1m, while the lmg gets it at 10m.
3 Nov 2013, 19:05 PM

If it cost more munitions you would weaken the early game a bit but still make it just possible to get more of them later if you opt for that.
3 Nov 2013, 19:10 PM

90 muni for one lmg
3 Nov 2013, 22:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Nov 2013, 18:44 PMwooof

isnt that the armor that the shocks have? might seem wierd having the same armor but different armor values. besides that, i dont really like the idea. it completely changes conscripts and would indirectly cause other changes. if cons have a higher armor value, you could start using them to merge with more than just penals. you could merge with guards or shocks without giving up armor.

i dont think the lmg needs a nerf, i think it just shows up too soon. ppsh also needs to be changed. its op for its price. most people just dont use it right. for some reason, the singleplayer ppsh is used by cons. it has dps similar to the lmg. its almost like getting 2 lmgs for 20 munitions. the problem is it doesnt have a near range. so to get the full 16 dps you need to be at 1m, while the lmg gets it at 10m.

Thats fair I merely want to interject something other than the same arguement every thread that involves grens or cons has.

Perhaps addressing Penals with a passive ability similar to zeal from VCOH. A mirror of the ability would be insane but perhaps a 5% increase rate of fire per member loss as to not affect the flamethrower but to give them the feel of NOT 1 STEP BACK!!! This might make them slightly better and be the push they need to see more use.
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★