Login

russian armor

Why is there so much crying over Maxim spam?

• This thread is locked
18 Sep 2019, 02:48 AM

Because it's no where near as bad as HMG42 spamming.
18 Sep 2019, 10:40 AM

Because axis players especially those with names of generals or fieldmarshals are usually scrubs and cry op the moment they cant amove to win
18 Sep 2019, 10:44 AM

Because it is a fucking retarded strat to play against?
18 Sep 2019, 11:10 AM

Because it is a fucking retarded strat to play against?

I mean hes right about one thing... why all the tears against maxims being spammed when as of the moment (and for the past 2 years) mg42 spams are a tad more cancerous than maxims?
18 Sep 2019, 11:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2019, 11:10 AMgbem

I mean hes right about one thing... why all the tears against maxims being spammed when as of the moment (and for the past 2 years) mg42 spams are a tad more cancerous than maxims?

PLS define MG-42 spam, how many MG-42 do you consider spam?
18 Sep 2019, 11:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2019, 11:11 AMVipper

PLS define MG-42 spam, how many MG-42 do you consider spam?

Same criteria i use for maxim spams... 3 to 4
18 Sep 2019, 11:14 AM

I mean it takes real double standards to label maxim spam as a problem when anything a maxim can do an mg42 can do aswell but better
rqd
18 Sep 2019, 11:45 AM

In low level team games, there are ost players trying to fill any building on map with hmg42s. But usually they get mortared or flammed.

Maybe is just axis players tend to ignore the existence of 251 with flammer or leig with smoke.
18 Sep 2019, 12:02 PM

Just watched helping hans. Het got 3 mg42,s and prost truppen.

He keept the mg 42s relocating. Credit to him. But he kept one on the left and had it alone over there sometimes. The sov player tried multyple times with 2 cons spread out to attack it. The mg42 breathed 2 short puffs of bullets at each squad and got supressed in no time multyple times.
You need 2 maxims to do the same or risk loosing it all together.

Using the mg42 agresivly is so much better then using a maxim in the same way.
18 Sep 2019, 12:06 PM

Ohh no 2 maxims can suppress my deutscheubermenschsoldaten nerf pls :(
18 Sep 2019, 12:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2019, 11:13 AMgbem

Same criteria i use for maxim spams... 3 to 4

In maxim spam day you could easily see 5-6 maxims especially OKW.
18 Sep 2019, 12:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2019, 12:23 PMVipper

In maxim spam day you could easily see 5-6 maxims especially OKW.

Back in those days my standard build was 5-6 maxims a single cons with at nades a mortar 2 su85s and a kv8

Of course the real problem here was that the technique wasnt just viable... it was dominant...

Now the maxim is complete garbage but people still continue to complain about the maxim

But the mg42?? Ohh heavens no..
18 Sep 2019, 12:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2019, 02:48 AMCODGUY
Because it's no where near as bad as HMG42 spamming.

Only because the Maxim's been nerfed into the dirt.

It used to be a tournament-level strategy.

HMG42 spam is more of the caliber of SimCity: it's not actually that strong once you know how to counter it, but it's such an unpleasant experience that you're left with a sour taste in your mouth afterwards.
18 Sep 2019, 12:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2019, 12:33 PMLago

Only because the Maxim's been nerfed into the dirt.

It used to be a tournament-level strategy.

HMG42 spam is more of the caliber of SimCity: it's not actually that strong once you know how to counter it, but it's such an unpleasant experience that you're left with a sour taste in your mouth afterwards.

That's pretty much how I'd explain it to. It's fair and valid, but fuck is it boring fighting against mgs in every corner.
18 Sep 2019, 12:48 PM

That's pretty much how I'd explain it to. It's fair and valid, but fuck is it boring fighting against mgs in every corner.

At this point fighting a maxim spam is more akin to getting free fuel as opposed to a nuisance...
18 Sep 2019, 13:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2019, 12:48 PMgbem

At this point fighting a maxim spam is more akin to getting free fuel as opposed to a nuisance...

Oh yea for sure. When I said mg in every corner I mean mgs, like Supress units, comtrol movements mgs. Not "flame here" mgs
18 Sep 2019, 14:08 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Yeah, as the previous guys said, Maxim spam actually was viable or even dominant at high level tournament games. It was despised by many, I believe mainly due to 3 reasons:

• Playing against mass MGs (of any sort) is annoying.
  • Forgoing the core infantry units for what is supposed to be a supporting unit just feels wrong.
  • It really was dominant. Now, any dominant strategy will get its share of hate, but this one felt incredibly cheesy due to points 1. and 2..

And due to this Maxim spam became sort of a meme, which I guess it at least part of the reason why a player gets more easily accused of that, rather than MG42 spam.

18 Sep 2019, 14:09 PM

You can tell which players in this thread are good and which aren't.

Ignoring that the Maxim can pack up and deploy instantly, thus reacting to flanks much better than the MG42, is definitely the sign of being bad, or just incredibly biased.
18 Sep 2019, 14:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2019, 14:09 PMFarlion
You can tell which players in this thread are good and which aren't.

Ignoring that the Maxim can pack up and deploy instantly, thus reacting to flanks much better than the MG42, is definitely the sign of being bad, or just incredibly biased.

It doesn't matter if it actually could reposition quickly (it can't anymore, shows how much you use it) as long as it can't actually do anything while shooting at the enemy. What's more, it moves as quickly as the enemy, so if you do have to reposition (like say there is a volks squad heading directly at your mg, frontally) you won't be able to set up in time to actually start no applying Supression anyways. The nearly time you need to respond to a threat is the same as an mg42, the difference is that if and mg42 does reposition and start shooting the enemy starts eating dirt.
18 Sep 2019, 14:20 PM

Yeah, as the previous guys said, Maxim spam actually was viable or even dominant at high level tournament games. It was despised by many, I believe mainly due to 3 reasons:

• Playing against mass MGs (of any sort) is annoying.
  • Forgoing the core infantry units for what is supposed to be a supporting unit just feels wrong.
  • It really was dominant. Now, any dominant strategy will get its share of hate, but this one felt incredibly cheesy due to points 1. and 2..

And due to this Maxim spam became sort of a meme, which I guess it at least part of the reason why a player gets more easily accused of that, rather than MG42 spam.

+1
I'd add that part of what was annoying about maxim spam was that you could flank the first maxim, then find your flanking squad being fired on by another maxim, then flank it only to have it get fired on by another maxim. It was the fact that the maxims replaced infantry that made it so annoying. No matter how many flanks, there was always one more maxim. OKW had lots of problems with it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★