Login

russian armor

Bring B4 howi back to tank hunter tactics

18 Sep 2019, 04:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2019, 03:40 AMKirrik

the fact thats it's one of the least seen doctrines in the entire game speaks louder than theorycrafting

How is that a fact? You just stated it without any source but yourself

Just because it's not meta doesn't mean it's bad. We don't need to buff every Commander that isn't easy to use

It's power just requires some actual micro to pull off, but oh boy does it have some kick. Killing heavy TDs with the bombs is wicked satisfying
18 Sep 2019, 05:58 AM

It's power just requires some actual micro to pull off, but oh boy does it have some kick. Killing heavy TDs with the bombs is wicked satisfying

Congratulations, you just proved you used tank hunter commander vs easy CPU.
In real games, only in an already won 4v4 fuckfest and against a plant level of reaction player you can succesfully pull a Conscript AT assault vs heavy TDs... its literally punching the dead horse.

Of course tank hunter packs quite a punch, but it is so predictable...
B4 adds some 'excitement' RNG + a direct fire revamp
18 Sep 2019, 14:19 PM

In real games, only in an already won 4v4 fuckfest and against a plant level of reaction player you can succesfully pull a Conscript AT assault vs heavy TDs... its literally punching the dead horse.

What are you talking about? I said killing the TDs with bombs very satisfying

Bombs =/= AT nades buddy. Talking about the bombing run....

You use AT cons to ambush tanks that try to rush you, as I've been saying all thread...
18 Sep 2019, 22:21 PM

can we stay on topic about 152 being swapped for b4 please. and stop the anger
18 Sep 2019, 22:44 PM

I used this doctrine extensively in the past and I moved on. I think the lack of tank kills it. I’d suggest:

0CP T34/85 (built at T4)
2CP Conscript tank hunter package (100 muni: 4 ptrs39s, camo, can plant light AT mines, grenade assault)
4CP TMDB heavy mines (70 muni: immobilises vehicle)
4CP Camouflage (AT guns and tanks can camouflage but must remain immobile)
9CP Mark Target
18 Sep 2019, 23:30 PM

can we stay on topic about 152 being swapped for b4 please. and stop the anger

I think the ml20 is better than the b4, so swapping it out for a b4 is a nerf IMO

The howitzer was given so that they would have something to bait vehicles with. The b4 also works as that but I think it makes the Commander worse
18 Sep 2019, 23:50 PM

Permanently Banned
Whoever wants more b4 is a 4v4 noob because the b4 is usually for trolls. And only in large games are there enough reliably stationary targets to delete with a b4. And for all who are attacking SkysTheLimit about being "axis-only," he's actually just slightly allied biased so if you can't agree with him, well..... seems you should stop playing 4v4 and start playing 1v1,2v2 and TRYING TO GET GOOD because you can easily do more damage with an ML20 than with a B4. But even as someone who likes to play Ost, I don't mind if you guys get a B4 instead, because 1) I don't play 4v4, 2) I'm not a noob so automatch won't rank me with low level B4 trolls that post their trolling on Youtube.
19 Sep 2019, 02:06 AM

I used this doctrine extensively in the past and I moved on. I think the lack of tank kills it. I’d suggest:

0CP T34/85 (built at T4)
2CP Conscript tank hunter package (100 muni: 4 ptrs39s, camo, can plant light AT mines, grenade assault)
4CP TMDB heavy mines (70 muni: immobilises vehicle)
4CP Camouflage (AT guns and tanks can camouflage but must remain immobile)
9CP Mark Target

This is the best suggestion so far. Maybe add a few things to make it more worthwhile. I don't think the above would beat Guard Motor.

0CP T34/85 (built at T4)
2CP Conscript tank hunter package (100 muni: 4 ptrs39s, camo, can plant light AT mines, grenade assault) (maybe add building tank traps, as it would help make the mines more likely to be worthwhile)
4CP TMDB heavy mines (70 muni: immobilises vehicle) Camouflage (AT guns and tanks can camouflage but must remain immobile) (combine the mines and camo)
9CP Mark Target
12CP PTAB Bombing run (lower the cost to 140 to reflect current damage)

One other possibility would be to add Guards instead of the Bombing run. Guards and tank hunters work well together. The bombing run would probably be needed in 4v4's though.
19 Sep 2019, 07:32 AM

Whoever wants more b4 is a 4v4 noob because the b4 is usually for trolls. And only in large games are there enough reliably stationary targets to delete with a b4. And for all who are attacking SkysTheLimit about being "axis-only," he's actually just slightly allied biased so if you can't agree with him, well..... seems you should stop playing 4v4 and start playing 1v1,2v2 and TRYING TO GET GOOD because you can easily do more damage with an ML20 than with a B4. But even as someone who likes to play Ost, I don't mind if you guys get a B4 instead, because 1) I don't play 4v4, 2) I'm not a noob so automatch won't rank me with low level B4 trolls that post their trolling on Youtube.

Don't make me trash you.
21 Sep 2019, 21:30 PM

Bro I'm gonna tell BaoLiang you said that >;[

>:]
21 Sep 2019, 21:41 PM

I would say if you watch bao you would see that for tankhunting the b4 is overrall better suited. Also b4 is currently in only 1 commander and this one would not have acces to easy recon like that one.
27 Sep 2019, 22:28 PM

Congratulations, you just proved you used tank hunter commander vs easy CPU.

Of course tank hunter packs quite a punch, but it is so predictable...
B4 adds some 'excitement' RNG + a direct fire revamp

I did some tests on the PTAB bombing run while testing howitzers. It's around 9 seconds from the time that the smoke shows up until the bombs hit. It makes the AT nade assault look speedy. Damage was more random than I thought at first. I had runs do 200 - 600 damage if the target was large like a KT. Bombing runs that hit a P4 would do 200-400. It's more or less worthless.

I'd much rather have Mark Target and Guards than either howitzer. Having Guards to button makes getting off a AT nade assault much easier. Also something like a Teller would be a lot better than the stun mine.

Lastly, I tested Cons with PTRS's versus standard Volks. They lose really badly where the normal Cons don't lose too badly. It'd be helpful to normalize the damage so that they aren't worse than standard Cons.
27 Sep 2019, 23:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Sep 2019, 22:28 PMGrumpy

Lastly, I tested Cons with PTRS's versus standard Volks. They lose really badly where the normal Cons don't lose too badly. It'd be helpful to normalize the damage so that they aren't worse than standard Cons.

Now test AT PF vs conscripts.
27 Sep 2019, 23:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Sep 2019, 22:28 PMGrumpy

Pgrens with shrecks will get spanked by much cheaper non-AT infantry. You don't get to upgrade to strong AT AND keep your anti-infantry power

So taking out more than half the health of tanks AND stunning them is "more or less worthless"? Are you kidding me? The bombs are still great, and have been great for a while
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★