Login

russian armor

Fallschirmjäger is very OP!

PAGES (25)down
20 Sep 2019, 15:05 PM

Honestly I think the volks price could be reverted back to 250 without much a problem. Issue is always gonna be their vet 1 imo.

This is offtopic, not really about Falls, sorry:
Imho what makes Volks strong is the ability to build sandbags and deny enemy sandbags with lavanade. While I like that one can change the map to benefit him/her in future engagements, sbags are pretty powerful and them being available to some units and not other units can make the power gap. What if sandbags were available to mostly engineer units? The problem I see is that engineers are usually overloaded with laying/sweeping mines and repairing vehicles and might not have time to build cover.
20 Sep 2019, 15:08 PM

I think USF benefits a lot from heavy tanks being locked behind tech. Luchs-Puma-Command Panther and T70 into IS2 were the best strarts in 1v1 and 2v2. Yes you could do something similar with USF LVs into Pershing but none of the USF LVs are as suited as T70 and Puma for this job.

Riflemen buff was completely uncalled for because Riflemen were already good in previous patch. It was just OKW early game that needed fixing. Now OKW early game got weakened and Riflemen buffed. Just not a good combination when USF was always good vs Wehrmacht.

Ost does much better now with improved assgrens and grens and earlier pgrens.

As for okw, I don’t mind the riflemen buff, but to compensate their LVs need to be delayed a bit.
20 Sep 2019, 15:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Sep 2019, 15:03 PMVipper

This has affect unit production than anything else but it did have an impact.

They same could had been achieved by increasing built time instead of changing VGs cost, starting resources and Trucks cost...

Dark didn't say it didn't have an impact. He said it wasn't a big enough nerf that US could suddenly skyrocket past OKW, like Stug is claiming
20 Sep 2019, 15:30 PM

Dark didn't say it didn't have an impact. He said it wasn't a big enough nerf that US could suddenly skyrocket past OKW, like Stug is claiming

I was simply clarifying the implications of the patch changes. OKW units production speed has been lowered noticeably.
20 Sep 2019, 16:34 PM

Permanently Banned
I've already said it, but to repeat myself, nobody (except CoDguy) asked for rifle buff. Everybody asked for a volk nerf. SMH balance team. Now rifles are a nightmare for grens while volks barely got the nerf they deserved. What the hell is a 10mp really gonna do to volks?
20 Sep 2019, 16:40 PM

Riflemen were already supposed to beat Grenadiers at short and mid range though
20 Sep 2019, 17:11 PM

I've already said it, but to repeat myself, nobody (except CoDguy) asked for rifle buff. Everybody asked for a volk nerf. SMH balance team. Now rifles are a nightmare for grens while volks barely got the nerf they deserved. What the hell is a 10mp really gonna do to volks?
. In a standard 4 volk build its going to allow a Soviet player to lose 2 conscript models for free which is pretty awesome until you think of all the cons volks are going to burn from cover while remaining in cover or mulch with their STGs over the course of a match...
ddd
20 Sep 2019, 17:13 PM

I've already said it, but to repeat myself, nobody (except CoDguy) asked for rifle buff.

*codguy and devm
20 Sep 2019, 17:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Sep 2019, 17:13 PMddd

*codguy and devm

To be fair though if each officer came with a 1 use ability that let them call in a nuke that destroyed the enemy base codguy would complain that it came so late and was only a 1 use ability....
20 Sep 2019, 17:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Sep 2019, 15:30 PMVipper

I was simply clarifying the implications of the patch changes. OKW units production speed has been lowered noticeably.

Its literally 10 seconds if you build 4 volks.
If that's "noticable" for you in the 3 minutes it takes to get 4 volks out, then you must be something like 400 apm player.
20 Sep 2019, 17:48 PM

10mp more for volks are the same as 5fuel more for jackson, cosmetic nerf to please the crown.
20 Sep 2019, 17:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Sep 2019, 17:21 PMKatitof

Its literally 10 seconds if you build 4 volks.
If that's "noticable" for you in the 3 minutes it takes to get 4 volks out, then you must be something like 400 apm player.

Play the game and you might notice the difference from the previous patch, oh wait you have not played the previous or the one before or the one before...
20 Sep 2019, 22:33 PM

- increase vet requirement by 20%
- increase cost to 340 (?) mp
- increase muni cost of FG42 to 80 muni

Perfect! still terminators at vet5 but you can't field 3+ squads with FG42 so easily
21 Sep 2019, 05:05 AM

Can you imagine if an Allied faction got infantry this cheap and effective? Brits hardly get any infantry units at all and they nerf one of only two effective infantry units the faction gets. USF units just always have to be more expensive and less effective than their Axis counterparts just because.
21 Sep 2019, 12:42 PM

Fallschirm has no weakpoints
21 Sep 2019, 13:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2019, 12:42 PMLoren
Fallschirm has no weakpoints

Laughs in Katyusha/Mortar/Any type of area damage
21 Sep 2019, 13:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Sep 2019, 22:33 PMakula
- increase vet requirement by 20%
- increase cost to 340 (?) mp
- increase muni cost of FG42 to 80 muni

Perfect! still terminators at vet5 but you can't field 3+ squads with FG42 so easily

+1
21 Sep 2019, 13:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2019, 13:10 PMJilet

Laughs in Katyusha/Mortar/Any type of area damage

All infantry are equally vulnerable to artillery units. Fallschrimjagers, however, has a lower chance of being bombarded by stealth than other infantry.

The question is, what kind of weakness does Fallschrimjagers have compared to other infantry?

Almost the only infantry belonging to the Elite Infantry, Fallschrimjagers even has a Panzer faust.

The ranged DPS is also very good and the medium and even close range DPS is quite high.

There are also utility skills such as smoke screens, and the price is also cheaper among elite infantry. (ex: USF's 1919a6 Paratroopers = 360mp 120muni 3cp required.)

so can you tell me what's the special weakpoints of Fallschrimjager?

Fallschrimjagers was different from other Elite infantry.

This unit is elite infantry with both stealth and panzerfaust, and has the advantage of being able to deal flexibly from almost any distance.

Although it had a glass body, even before the patch, 1 fg42 had almost the same DPS as the 1 BAR, which means Fallschirmjager already has 4 BAR upgrades.

I think the balance team has learned nothing from the problems of JLI.
JLI has been quite versatility infantry as recon before.

But this infantry destroyed everything when it got DPS.

Fallschrimjagers is the same. By default, Fallschrimjagers have many versatilities skills.
If you don't believe it, take a look at another Elite Infantry, which specializes in battles like Rangers and Shocktroopers. They have very few skill.

I agree about before patch, Fallschrimjagers were difficult to use cause low cost-effective, but now the buff is too much.

Just think of the Rifleman has changed the close-range-criterion from 3 to 6 and see how it changed at close range.
and, see what Fallchirmjagers changed. isn't it buff too much?
21 Sep 2019, 14:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2019, 13:15 PMLoren

snip

Agreed on many points but you just can't unsee the fact they are a 4 man squad with suboptimal RA. What makes them currently great is their low vet costs and 320 MP cost. Nothing else.
PAGES (25)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight