Login

russian armor

Fallschirmjäger is very OP!

PAGES (25)down
13 Sep 2019, 22:39 PM

After some matches I do have to agree, falls are insane at the moment, they were supposed to be an ambush/glass cannon unit like storms or commandos, but unlike those two falls have a long range automatic weapon besides having faust, smoke and a normal grenade.

Maybe one of them is not a great a deal, but once you get 2 or three they just sherd anything and everything.
13 Sep 2019, 22:48 PM

After some matches I do have to agree, falls are insane at the moment, they were supposed to be an ambush/glass cannon unit like storms or commandos, but unlike those two falls have a long range automatic weapon besides having faust, smoke and a normal grenade.

Maybe one of them is not a great a deal, but once you get 2 or three they just sherd anything and everything.
commando can equip bren and beat falls at long range
13 Sep 2019, 23:11 PM

Besides any other balance changes I would suggest changing the upgrade restriction of the T3 truck since it is limiting built option, maybe to 2 trucks or 2 truck full tech (medic/repair).
14 Sep 2019, 00:02 AM

Do they come with two grenadier Kr98?
14 Sep 2019, 00:03 AM

Do they come with two grenadier Kr98?
yes
14 Sep 2019, 00:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Sep 2019, 03:18 AMgbem
I like how many of the people saying that falls are fine are known to have axis bias or have axis dp's... or both

These people run the balance.
14 Sep 2019, 01:12 AM

This forum has a lot of funny guys
Blind or see only what you want to see

Falls with panzerfaust are more vicious OP units than JLI, and I'm wondering if there's a brain saying they're all okay

Yes for the falls buff but received too much buff
At least a first strike bonus will need a nerf.
14 Sep 2019, 03:35 AM

Literally the only thing wrong with falls is the first strike bonus and their relatively flat damage profile at range. It is by far the most important thing that makes their DPS higher than say double bren commandos or paras with LMGs. Of secondary concern is faust access and finally deployment and upgrade costs.

I did probably 10 tests and found out that without the first strike bonus upgraded vet 0 falls are basically panzergrenadiers at sub 20m and double bren tommies at beyond 20m. Strong? Sure, but also not crazy OP given their cost. Vet 5 falls are reasonably stronger than vet 3 tommies. Then I did like 20 more tests trying to see how strong the first strike bonus was compared to these units (and double-bren commandos).

Basically with the (vet 0) first strike bonus they literally melt 1-2 models in the first 5 seconds at any range. Health damage was about 40% at 20m. Tommies and pgrens averaged about 25% at 20m. So it was consistently about 60% more damage compared to what pgrens or tommies could do in the first 5 seconds. This is a weird result on it's own because falls are only supposed to get 25% boost. I welcome anyone to try and duplicate this.

However the most concerning thing is that the first strike works over any range because of the damage profile of the FG42. It would be like if commandos had first strike on their brens (which they don't it only applies to stens). So overall I'd nerf the first strike bonus and maybe take a look at the faust (probably not needed).
14 Sep 2019, 03:39 AM

Serious question I have here: Fallschrimjagers are only one of two effective elite infantry units that are available before CP3, the other are Soviet Shock Troops...are there any elite infantry call-ins like that? Now I know people are now complaining about Fallschrimjagers but what about Shocks? Anyone ever suggeste they be a CP3 unit instead of 2? I wouldn't count Panzerfuzilers, Cavalry Riflemen, Assault Engineers or JLI as elite units BTW.
14 Sep 2019, 06:50 AM

I think——return to 3cp,cost increase to 340,remove PanzerFaust,default weapon is 4xFG42,no weapon slot,and move ambush bouns to vet
14 Sep 2019, 08:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Sep 2019, 03:39 AMCODGUY
Serious question I have here: Fallschrimjagers are only one of two effective elite infantry units that are available before CP3, the other are Soviet Shock Troops...are there any elite infantry call-ins like that? Now I know people are now complaining about Fallschrimjagers but what about Shocks? Anyone ever suggeste they be a CP3 unit instead of 2? I wouldn't count Panzerfuzilers, Cavalry Riflemen, Assault Engineers or JLI as elite units BTW.

I had to slap Guards here. 3-4 Guard Blob strat defeats anything but a Stuka zu Fuß/Penzerwerfer with ease.
14 Sep 2019, 10:48 AM

Adding 2 bren in to commandos reduce theirs close range dps, while 4 Fg42 is all range weapons.

But Dont get me wrong, The patch was just out for a couple of day and i encounter several fall spam but not that much to say. For my experiences with fall until now, while i think fall is very strong at the moment, but i will not come to the conclusion of OP, yet. I will wait to see more, also look for ways to deal with them.
14 Sep 2019, 12:41 PM

Played around with them a bit. They can get the FG42 upgrade before the Schwere Schlepper is upgraded. If the timing feels off the upgrade could be locked behind that.
15 Sep 2019, 18:20 PM

Simply untrue and very cost inneffective / not balanced. In what scenario would one even do this?

As evidenced by tightropes video --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZtaBecIom0 they eat just about anything the allies can throw at them. Yes, he examples USF Para's with 2 LMG's but thats a scenario which you hardly see these days. They also have a faust so any tank that gets close is toast too. Lets not forget about their regular nade AND blendkorper, Oh, lets add some more bonuses to them:

• Can pop out of any free building on the map
  • Has camouflage
  • can be upgraded with 2 more extra FG42's because they 'need it'

As much as I love my partisan play (remember when they were "OP OP!?!" damage wise they have nothing on these dudes.

Time to normalise the fallschirms again.
15 Sep 2019, 18:42 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2019, 18:20 PMNickbn

Simply untrue and very cost inneffective / not balanced. In what scenario would one even do this?

As evidenced by tightropes video --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZtaBecIom0 they eat just about anything the allies can throw at them. Yes, he examples USF Para's with 2 LMG's but thats a scenario which you hardly see these days. They also have a faust so any tank that gets close is toast too. Lets not forget about their regular nade AND blendkorper, Oh, lets add some more bonuses to them:

• Has camouflage

As much as I love my partisan play (remember when they were "OP OP!?!" damage wise they have nothing on these dudes.

He was already proven wrong for this many times in the shoutbox, he just chooses to ignore it to keep on his axis fueled bias dream
15 Sep 2019, 18:43 PM

• Has camouflage

Parisans also cost 210mp and their power was an accident but OK....
15 Sep 2019, 18:49 PM
Developer Relic Badge

So we have some idea where the nerfs might be to reduce their power:

-ROF change reverted from 7 to 6
-Mid Range from 21 to19
-Cost from 320 to 340

This will also come on top of a nerf to Valiant Assault sprint so you can’t as easily bypass team weapons during combat.
15 Sep 2019, 19:00 PM

• Has camouflage

He was already proven wrong for this many times in the shoutbox, he just chooses to ignore it to keep on his axis fueled bias dream

https://imgur.com/a/it0USWy :snfPeter::snfPeter::snfPeter::snfPeter:

vet 0 vet 5 all ranges

and before u ask, yes commando with 2 bren > para with 2 lmg (the 2 bren have the lmg 34 profile in dps so they both deal 24+ dps at long range)

as always allied fan boi ignore everything ,the only thing u prove is ur knowledge of the game

1 falls don't infiltrate house, so this show u didn't built them even once

2 they have standing camo until vet 2, then they get commando and partisan camo

3 the extra 2 fg are they cause they lose to anything with only 2 base fg42

btw i do agree with mira changes , tho i would have preferred a price increase for the upgrade instead of a nerf to the base fg42, as they stand without the other 2 fg42 they are pretty weak

15 Sep 2019, 19:01 PM

This will also come on top of a nerf to Valiant Assault sprint so you can’t as easily bypass team weapons during combat.
hope this will be done to for mother russia too right ?
PAGES (25)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment