Well, anyway, Fallschirmjagers and Valiant Assault can be more OP combinations.
Most of the time, a combination of the two can easily break the balance.
There was no reason to do anything to Fallschrimjagers other than lower their cost. I've seen some rather poor arguments like "but but Obersoldaten were still better!" - to this I say SO WHAT? Fallschrimjagers still had a number of unique abilities over Obersoldaten that they would have been fine with nothing more than a lower cost.
1) They could cloak, Obers could not
2) They didn't require weapon upgrades, Obers did
3) They could parachute anywhere onto the battlefield, Obers could not
4) They were a very good offensive flanking and CQC unit with good moving accuracy, Obers were not, Obers were better behind cover at long range as a defensive unit
5) They had an AT snare, Obers did not
6) They were a call in, Obers were not
There was no reason to try to make them "as good" or "as viable" as Obers. They were good enough they just needed a cost reduction since units like Obers and Rangers were reduced in price.