Login

russian armor

Feuersturm's Opel Blitz is insanely OP

11 Sep 2019, 19:27 PM

Hi all, OKW player here, having been playing Feuersturm Commander a ton since the update. Really love the Sturmpioniere buffs and the Leig Incendiary fix, both of which really make this Commander useable.

However I have found that the 2CP, 200mp, 20fuel Opel Blitz to be extremely powerful, and in need of a nerf, Here is what I propose:

Option 1 (best option IMO):
-Can only reinforce when set up in healing mode
-Healing mode has a 1-2s additional delay to setting up or tearing down

Option 2:
-Raise CP to 3

Option 3:
-Raise cost to 250mp, 30fuel

I've just found for all the things the Opel can do, it's just an enormous force-multiplier right now, and it either needs to be toned down, arrive later (when more AT options are out), or be more taxing to deploy. I'd rather the Opel Blitz be nerfed than any other elements of the Feuersturm doctrine, or God forbid, a revert of the Sturmpioniere back to how they were.

Edit: sorry, I posted in the wrong section. Any chance this can get moved to Balance? Thanks.
11 Sep 2019, 19:34 PM

It was nerfed enough, it was identified as insanely op 5 years ago and fixed.
You're half a decade late to the party.
11 Sep 2019, 19:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2019, 19:34 PMKatitof
It was nerfed enough, it was identified as insanely op 5 years ago and fixed.
You're half a decade late to the party.

Yea, and I think it got buffed right through the roof right now. Try it out again, with some Flamer Sturmpios in close support (I usually use 2 Flamer 1 Sweeper), plus either a Volks or Racketten for anti-armour security. You can very easily gain total field dominance with it in the early game, and if you have some decent support from another player in a team game, can lock down the map reasonably well. This results in attriting the enemy enough that the match may never reach the late game, or otherwise destroys the enemy teching so much as to delay their final tier to be far, far later than yours.

I'm just finding it to be a bit too dominating for the time period when it comes out, is all.
11 Sep 2019, 19:41 PM

Yea, and I think it got buffed right through the roof right now. Try it out again, with some Flamer Sturmpios in close support (I usually use 2 Flamer 1 Sweeper), plus either a Volks or Racketten for anti-armour security. You can very easily gain total field dominance with it in the early game, and if you have some decent support from another player in a team game, can lock down the map reasonably well. This results in attriting the enemy enough that the match may never reach the late game, or otherwise destroys the enemy teching so much as to delay their final tier to be far, far later than yours.

I'm just finding it to be a bit too dominating for the time period when it comes out, is all.

How does this compare to say the Brits M5 halftrack at 2 cps, Why would this unit be say stronger than that one? I use brits b/c they have the option of healing IS

Cost is 240/30 for Brit HT quad optional
200/20 for Opel blitz with no weapons
11 Sep 2019, 19:48 PM

Nevermind what I've said earlier, wrong opel blitz on mind.
11 Sep 2019, 19:57 PM

Cost is 240/30 for Brit HT quad optional
200/20 for Opel blitz with no weapons

Also the Ambulance does pretty much the exact same thing, except the reload buff aura which barely affects infantry anyway, for 10 less fuel and is available at T0.

The new Opel Blitz is something to monitor for sure, but it seems to me right now to be more like a case of enemies not having figured out yet how to counter it (or even what it does) rather than the unit/ability itself being overpowered.
11 Sep 2019, 20:06 PM

Also the Ambulance does pretty much the exact same thing, except the reload buff aura which barely affects infantry anyway, for 10 less fuel and is available at T0.

The new Opel Blitz is something to monitor for sure, but it seems to me right now to be more like a case of enemies not having figured out yet how to counter it (or even what it does) rather than the unit/ability itself being overpowered.

Well, then I gotta say the Amberlamps sounds insanely overpowered... never really used it much myself as I never play USF.

Does it have less health than the Opel?

I've found players who use the Ambulance at the frontline like how I'm using my Opel are much more vulnerable to losing it, since I can defeat it or scare it off very easily even with rifle fire. It is an annoying strategy, but the Opel just seems to do it so much better.
11 Sep 2019, 20:10 PM

that's cause ambulance cost HALF THE FUEL and is tier 0 stock instead of 2 cp
11 Sep 2019, 20:13 PM

Yeah, but then you are using Feuersturm, a kinda crappy commander.
11 Sep 2019, 20:16 PM

It's an ambulance alright, the difference is its accompanied by Sturmpio hordes while ambulance is accompanied by riflemen that are hardly comparable. And a single MG42 can stop ambulance push, what can stop Blitz blob on allied side? Vickers and Maxim?
11 Sep 2019, 20:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2019, 20:16 PMKirrik

It's an ambulance alright, the difference is its accompanied by Sturmpio hordes while ambulance is accompanied by riflemen that are hardly comparable. And a single MG42 can stop ambulance push, what can stop Blitz blob on allied side? Vickers and Maxim?

M5 Quad :romeoPls:
Or other vehicles

I feel like the unit is not insanely OP, but mabye an area of focus for next patch could be looking at the ambulance/blitz on field healing, they are both strong but its hard to quantify their impact or performance as its very subjective to each game.
11 Sep 2019, 21:03 PM

Sorry but without a replay provided, I must assume that it only worked in an easy AI comp stomp match for you :snfPeter:
11 Sep 2019, 23:34 PM

Sorry but without a replay provided, I must assume that it only worked in an easy AI comp stomp match for you :snfPeter:

I think OP is just trying a different flavor of Troll-bait for Allied players.
11 Sep 2019, 23:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2019, 23:34 PMGrumpy

I think OP is just trying a different flavor of Troll-bait for Allied players.

And what leads you to believe I'm trolling with this thread?

Is that all these forums are? You post a balance concern and people just think you're trolling?
11 Sep 2019, 23:42 PM

Well I did predict Feuersturm would be useful.B-)

Can see here ||
https://www.coh2.org/topic/95402/okw-september-patch-discussion/post/766375
12 Sep 2019, 19:08 PM

The OKW opel blitz is pretty good, but it is certainly not overpowered. It has paper armor and delays teching for the OKW player, and in return you get a mobile battlegroup headquarters.

I don't see the problem with that.
12 Sep 2019, 19:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2019, 19:08 PMA table
The OKW opel blitz is pretty good, but it is certainly not overpowered. It has paper armor and delays teching for the OKW player, and in return you get a mobile battlegroup headquarters.

I don't see the problem with that.

+1

14 Sep 2019, 14:07 PM

Is that all these forums are? You post a balance concern and people just think you're trolling?

Sadly, over time the forums have become half troll/half decent discussions.

I take your word for Opel being OP, i never saw it that way. I even like your suggestions in the original post, mainly the stationary to reinforce one, even though it promotes a more stationary gameplay.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★