Login

russian armor

Dear Relic: please include chat in replays

31 Oct 2013, 04:05 AM

Yes,but equally,it is less than amusing when some odd fellow spams rubbish across the screen, in an unfair attempt to disrupt a player in a tournament. And it hardly encourages novices to carry on,when some half-arsed retard starts a sledging campaign, which is(IMO) often less than amusing.

If Relic gave the ability for a player to turn off the chat onscreen, I would support its return.

Are you referring to the whisper feature that was available in coh1, where someone outside the game could send you a message and it would show in the game? I think that is bad too.
31 Oct 2013, 13:32 PM

Chat should definitely be recorded and visible in replays.
31 Oct 2013, 15:15 PM
31 Oct 2013, 23:27 PM

+1

Nothing was ever more satisfying in COH1 than opening up the replay after playing a hard-won 2v2 and getting to see the whining, moaning and rage in chat.

1 Nov 2013, 00:32 AM
Benefactor 115

+1
1 Nov 2013, 04:00 AM
Honorary Member Badge

a thought it kind of feels like an invasion of privacy to me anyways. ive rarely seen viewing chat used in a positive way mostly for judging another persons character to create more drama. :rolleyes:

though people who are abusive it would be alot easier to catch them. :thumbsup:
1 Nov 2013, 05:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Nov 2013, 04:00 AMWiFiDi

though people who are abusive it would be alot easier to catch them. :thumbsup:

exactly, and for common players it will make them think twice before saying some things.
1 Nov 2013, 10:04 AM

I dont think this is constructive for the overall replay value.

So you want replay with chat so people become more accountable?? IS THAT THE ONLY REASON? So you can whinge, whine, complain and flood relic with your lack of being able to cope with some bad language? FCKING move on!
1 Nov 2013, 10:25 AM

I don't like this attitude of "FCKING move on!". Piss poor excuse to hide behind if you to are one of those people H_Stickeye who like to trash talk your opponents. It makes people become held accountable for their words and actions if they really want to consistantly behave in this manner. Relic are not stupid enough to ban someone over a one of abuse/cuss anyway, they accept sometimes people can lose their cool. It is only for those few people, who consistantly decide to lash out on their opponents. I am an easy going guy aswell, don't take anything to heart and being a streamer I take a level of abuse beyond what other players generally receive. Despite this, I have never reported anyone, especially in the light of recent events. This is for people who are affected by such unneccasry garbage. It is sometimes mentally drainning playing verse people who do nothing but vent rage and abuse every game, degenerating the game into nothing more but a battle between egos.

Seeing people like this in replays, primiarily when they lose increases the entertainment value of the replay for me and puts a smile on my face.

The only bad side I see coming from having chat in replays is that firstly it can be an evasion of privacy or abused due to how easy it is to change your steam name. Secondly, games could be casted where players communicate poorly in this manner where viewers, especially new ones, could easily come to the conclusion that it is a bad mannered community.
2 Nov 2013, 11:37 AM

I dont agree. The thing i see is a degeneration of how easily people are offended.
2 Nov 2013, 11:49 AM

Permanently Banned
I dont really care, either way.

I mean lets be honest here, most people want the function so they can pridepost by shaming the opponent who looses his cool in chat.

Then others want it because, even they dont really give rats ass about what was said, nor are they actually mortally offended by tye words on the screen, but they want to indirectly grief and punish the offensive player, by official means. There is no actual harm done to them, but they want to leverage Relic against the other player on the pretext that it had been. In many ways, I find that even more offensive than actually being offensive in chat.

I think as a general rule, in-team chat shouldnt be recorded, because it gives away a teams internal strategies and communication, if made public.

Having said all this, I think chat in an open channel, should be recorded.
2 Nov 2013, 13:12 PM

I mean lets be honest here, most people want the function so they can pridepost by shaming the opponent who looses his cool in chat.
+1

I´m pretty sure most people would just use the chat function to troll, provoke them and publicly shame their opponents. It´s silly and bad to get upset in the game. But it´s even worse to make that private (8 persons maximum) discussion public. In fact this public shaming falls into the category "pathetic". If someone really needs that, I pity him.
2 Nov 2013, 17:49 PM

2 Nov 2013, 19:29 PM

Look, the NSA is recording our conversations ANYWAY. We might as well have records for ourselves.
2 Nov 2013, 19:46 PM

The idea itself sounds cool and its a feature we should have, but almost everyone in favor of this just wants it so they can post retarded replays with little to no value other than trying to show everyone how person X acted like a dick. The only thing that's gonna come out of this is a bunch of butthurt and wasted forum space. If those sorts of replays aren't allowed then it would be a cool thing to have, that sort of stuff should be saved for clan forums.

2 Nov 2013, 23:57 PM
Donator 11

Agree this should be in replays, its a feature thats only good for the game long term and it should be easy to add. Relic please look at coh1 features and add everyone of them and MORE.. why make a sequel with less features?
3 Nov 2013, 00:25 AM

26 Nov 2013, 19:39 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

The idea itself sounds cool and its a feature we should have, but almost everyone in favor of this just wants it so they can post retarded replays with little to no value other than trying to show everyone how person X acted like a dick. The only thing that's gonna come out of this is a bunch of butthurt and wasted forum space. If those sorts of replays aren't allowed then it would be a cool thing to have, that sort of stuff should be saved for clan forums.

I want chat in replays because I want to see when players call "gg" in tournament matches. This is far more important to me than 10 of your insignificant pridepost replays, which can always be moderated if abused.
26 Nov 2013, 19:41 PM

Permanently Banned
In the M3/222 test replay I made with Akula, I announced each test in turn in chat.
But then I remembered they won pt be show in the end result. I was sad...
27 Nov 2013, 10:12 AM

People, Google remembers everything. I bet you can find your chat there...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★