Login

russian armor

A comparison of mortar in the game

9 Sep 2019, 20:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Sep 2019, 12:41 PMVipper
Since I had read plenty of post that claim that USF mortar specifically is was nerfed and garbage I wanted to end this myth, so that I do not have to read it again.

Its scatter is objectively worse because it has the same scatter values at 5 lower range. It also lacks any kind of vet 1 ability.

I'm not saying the USF mortar is bad, but it's arguably worse than the standard Soviet and Ostheer mortar when looking at performance and utility. Harder to compare it to the 120mm and UKF mortar pit, because those are much more situational.
9 Sep 2019, 20:30 PM

Its scatter is objectively worse because it has the same scatter values at 5 lower range. It also lacks any kind of vet 1 ability.

I'm not saying the USF mortar is bad, but it's arguably worse than the standard Soviet and Ostheer mortar when looking at performance and utility. Harder to compare it to the 120mm and UKF mortar pit, because those are much more situational.

That is a misconception it applies to accuracy and not scatter that is a linear value.
9 Sep 2019, 20:33 PM

I think some people just expect too much from the after normalized mortars, that was a good change imo, but also, in 4v4s any mortar when paired or spammed, they all are cancer, it doesnt matter if it is German or american
9 Sep 2019, 21:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Sep 2019, 20:30 PMVipper

That is a misconception it applies to accuracy and not scatter that is a linear value.

That's really obvious now that I think of it. :sibPheasant:
9 Sep 2019, 21:38 PM

Because i already wasted time putting the AoE values before i left.

I'm sure anyone else can put the scatter values for the rest of the units.
This is what i have from another post

120mm is not worth it, if you have T2 set up. You hit once in a blue moon, more so with it's slow RoF. If you need a mortar and don't have T2, you might save the 160 worth of building the tier.

Thanks! I thought it shot slower but couldn't find it.

Even if you don't currently have T2, it probably would be better to build T2 and the regular mortar. The 120 still eats up 10? pop, so in a long game it could have as much as 300 mp more of upkeep. Add in the fact that it doesn't have a vet 0 flare and the unit is all-around garbage.

I normally have better experience with the Ost mortar than any of the allied ones, but don't get too excited about it. The soviet one has a very useful flare while the USF one is still competent at clearing garrisons and delivering smoke. It's a little disappointing that they always use mortar duels with an equal number of OST mortars but it isn't game-breaking.

I think the LEIG needs a small accuracy nerf. One is annoying and forces a lot of retreats. Two of them are pretty good at wiping squads, especially team weapons like mortars.
1 Oct 2019, 02:11 AM

Usf mortar is still sh-t outside smoke and small buildings. But you will notice I never make usf mortar threads (maybe because I always take the path of least resistance). Anyway, soviet and ostheer sniper openings were always my forte. I will come back to usf in later patches, but I will continue to voice my concerns on usf in the meantime.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★