Login

russian armor

Shrecks. Blobbing in 2v2s and above

7 Sep 2019, 22:42 PM

The patch seems to me to be on the right track mostly.

However shreck blobs seem to be making a return. I have played 2v2 mostly and not in all games but in a large enough number i encounter both the ost player and okw blobbing shrecks with pgrens and fussies.
A.k.a the anti tank satalite orbiting axis panzers.

Its even more ludicrous then before. I flank the jagdtiger then from the edge of the fog of war 5 or 6 shreck deleted the slightly damaged t34 76s in a blink. This was the blob we forced off a munite before and was just returning while the okw shreck blob was healing in base.

The axis where setup nicely they had a sturm panzer and mg,s plus pwerfer to support the shreck blob and jagdtiger. Credit where credit is due. And yes i made the mistake of going a t2 opening. The maxim barely stopped the blob and the mortar did not do much to push off the mg,s or hurt the blob. You get the point, without the penal sov cant realy push with inf.

Still the shreck blob is back and both axis factions can do it now.

Just remove the shreck from fussies. Its a cheesy stupid move to give it to them. I am fine with pgrens having shrecks, but something needs to be done to discourage blobbing of them.

Imo remove the limit of 2 models on the mines
And unnerf the demo. Allies can loose tanks in an instant so its not unreasonable axis loose inf in an instant imo. And no soviet arty imo does not do this in any reliable way.

Its a small rant on my side. Does anyone else experience this or commit to this cheese? :p

Pleas share your thoughts.
7 Sep 2019, 22:51 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Idk I never really had a problem with schreck blobs so long as you don't drive your tanks into them. MGs and infantry with AI upgrades ruin schreck blobs. I think it's probably a bit on the rant side, but wanting the return of instawipe mines and demos is concerning :/
7 Sep 2019, 23:03 PM

Idk I never really had a problem with schreck blobs so long as you don't drive your tanks into them. MGs and infantry with AI upgrades ruin schreck blobs. I think it's probably a bit on the rant side, but wanting the return of instawipe mines and demos is concerning :/

what if you are playing a faction that lacks both an mg and weapon upgrades?

side note, the demo SHOULD get a relook. capping model deaths at say 3 instead of self spotting would be a better method to reduce their potency and not neuter the only soviet antiblob this side of t4 because the thing about blobs is... theres only 1 place to actually look, so spotting a demo is pretty easy and if the only inflict bleed and not wipe then it aint as cheesy...
8 Sep 2019, 06:56 AM

Honestly would have much preferred if the Shrek upgrade for PzGrens and Pfussies only gave one Shrek and maybe the Vehicle detection ability Stormtroopers get (it'd be cheaper of course). The way it is currently, that squad basically becomes a light vehicle deleting tool (240 damage salvo) and, if spammed, become very potent versus armor. By limiting the Shreks per squad, their individual power decreases signifigantly, but so also does the incentive to spam them (especially Panzerfusiliers).

But I really don't think this is something that is going to be fixed atm. Right now you just really have to go hard on HMG deployment (spam tbh) to suppress Shrek groups, and hope the enemy doesn't have rocket artillery up already. Soviets are probably worst off tbh since their MG sucks, as USF at least I've been able to counter it decently enough with M2HBs and BAR'd riflemen.
8 Sep 2019, 07:09 AM

This might be off topic but i was wondering why penals lose the ability to have both ptrs and PPsh after ppsh crater upgrade? I mean couple of axis infantry reserves their snare after their upgrades.?
8 Sep 2019, 10:16 AM

Honestly would have much preferred if the Shrek upgrade for PzGrens and Pfussies only gave one Shrek and maybe the Vehicle detection ability Stormtroopers get (it'd be cheaper of course). The way it is currently, that squad basically becomes a light vehicle deleting tool (240 damage salvo) and, if spammed, become very potent versus armor. By limiting the Shreks per squad, their individual power decreases signifigantly, but so also does the incentive to spam them (especially Panzerfusiliers).

But I really don't think this is something that is going to be fixed atm. Right now you just really have to go hard on HMG deployment (spam tbh) to suppress Shrek groups, and hope the enemy doesn't have rocket artillery up already. Soviets are probably worst off tbh since their MG sucks, as USF at least I've been able to counter it decently enough with M2HBs and BAR'd riflemen.
they did 1 shrek, they were op cause they kept the ai and at ability
8 Sep 2019, 12:14 PM

Idk I never really had a problem with demo so long as you don't drive your squad into them.

Make sense.
8 Sep 2019, 12:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Sep 2019, 12:14 PMEsxile

Idk I never really had a problem with demo so long as you don't drive your squad into them.

Make sense.

You never played 1v1 vs soviets when they were OP then. 90% of top players thought demos were OP. I haven't heard a single top player complain about schreck blobs recently.

what if you are playing a faction that lacks both an mg and weapon upgrades?

side note, the demo SHOULD get a relook. capping model deaths at say 3 instead of self spotting would be a better method to reduce their potency and not neuter the only soviet antiblob this side of t4 because the thing about blobs is... theres only 1 place to actually look, so spotting a demo is pretty easy and if the only inflict bleed and not wipe then it aint as cheesy...

The maxim is not THAT bad. It's semi decent when you use sustained fire vs blobs. It's bad vs spaced squads. I still don't see why demos should get any sort of buff. They can still 1 shot any squad when they're on garrisons. Axis factions don't get that luxury, and only the soviets can do it nondoc. If the arguement is that top players don't use free squad wipe tools because they're situational or lazy it doesn't seem like they should be buffed. If that were the case, "booby traps" should all be buffed because they're rarely used as well.
8 Sep 2019, 12:49 PM

You never played 1v1 vs soviets when they were OP then. 90% of top players thought demos were OP. I haven't heard a single top player complain about schreck blobs recently.

The maxim is not THAT bad. It's semi decent when you use sustained fire vs blobs. It's bad vs spaced squads. I still don't see why demos should get any sort of buff. They can still 1 shot any squad when they're on garrisons. Axis factions don't get that luxury, and only the soviets can do it nondoc. If the arguement is that top players don't use free squad wipe tools because they're situational or lazy it doesn't seem like they should be buffed. If that were the case, "booby traps" should all be buffed because they're rarely used as well.

The maxim IS that bad. So bad that the entire tier including an AT gun with a barrage and an mortar with vet free recon gets bypassed.

And I suggested a change to the demo, not a flat buff. As I said cap the models at 3.it no longer wipes then, just causes bleed. You wouldn't want to sink all kinds of MU into just bleeding 1 squad, you would want it to bleed a blob.
I don't want it changed because it's rarely used I want it changed so it's not garbage and do its part to prevent blobbing. (again, on 1 squad without a wipe it would be a waste, ON multiple it would be worth while)
Furthermore how is being able to blow wipe a unit in a garrison OK instantly but not in the field? If 1 isn't OK neither is the other.
I basicly want a reliability buff. I want the big boomer treatment the other problematic wipe units like the isu and is-2 got where it trades cheesy wipes for reliability. I don't want it to be a game winner by itself bit I want the Soviet to have some sort of blob punishment before the Katy hits as well.
Is there a good reason why capping models at 3 would be OP but allowing it to continue to wipe isn't?
Also *ahem* teller mine? Where did my light tank go?
8 Sep 2019, 12:56 PM

You never played 1v1 vs soviets when they were OP then.

Demo,s were indeed strong in 1v1 but imo not op. And mostly 2 or 3 where put down per game. Using 90 muni to mostly blow up single squads is strong but not game breaking.

People will disagree with this. But how is the demo op for one shotting an inf squad possibly a blob But the teller one shotting lights and sometimes mutyple lights wich have way more value and shock value is okay and does not require manual input other then placing it, and at the time was a lot cheaper then the demo?

Right now soviets have more muni sinks then before so spamming demo,s will come at the cost off upgrading inf etc. Unlike before where they floated muni.

As it stand stands soviets have the fewest options for punishing or controling blobs. They also lack near instant smoke options to save armour from certain death.

8 Sep 2019, 13:25 PM

i love the fact that the STG troll thread is immediately shut down but this goes one, and is basically asking, remove AT weapons for axis bring back old demo and buff only the allied mines

:snfPeter:

then the fan boys come and says this forum is axis only and only ask for buff to axis :romeoHype:
8 Sep 2019, 14:52 PM

Also *ahem* teller mine? Where did my light tank go?

People will disagree with this. But how is the demo op for one shotting an inf squad possibly a blob But the teller one shotting lights and sometimes mutyple lights wich have way more value and shock value is okay and does not require manual input other then placing it, and at the time was a lot cheaper then the demo?

Not saying tellers are fine, but there is a big difference in being able to accompany the one light vehicle with a minesweeper versus being unable to accompany all the 3-5 spread out infantry squads with a minesweeper.

That and the other arguement is when OST gets a light tank nondoc they could remove the teller.
8 Sep 2019, 15:03 PM

That and the other arguement is when OST gets a light tank nondoc they could remove the teller.
even doc they don't have one :snfPeter:
8 Sep 2019, 15:40 PM

nerf damage to 100

reduce pen by 20 at all range

give at nade to panzer shreck units (sturm, pgreen, pfusi)

see how long it last :snfPeter:
8 Sep 2019, 15:47 PM

even doc they don't have one :snfPeter:

Very true. But it does not make one shotting okay for one faction and wrong for the other.
8 Sep 2019, 15:50 PM

Very true. But it does not make one shotting okay for one faction and wrong for the other.
u mean the teller mine ?
8 Sep 2019, 15:51 PM

nerf damage to 100

reduce pen by 20 at all range

give at nade to panzer shreck units (sturm, pgreen, pfusi)

see how long it last :snfPeter:

Make cons long range oriented give lmg42 lvl mg, increase range and speed of molly and at nade, make t34 85 non doc and 125 fuel, make quad supress on the move again and return presicion strike..............

If you have nothing to contribute please troll somewhere else.
8 Sep 2019, 15:52 PM

Make cons long range oriented give lmg42 lvl mg, increase range and speed of molly and at nade, make t34 85 non doc and 125 fuel, make quad supress on the move again and return presicion strike..............

If you have nothing to contribute please troll somewhere else.
im sorry if u want the cake and eat it too

says the troll who want's to remove shreck ,old demo, and buff mines but not osther :snfPeter:
i know being an allied fan boi here is easy thanks to the pollution of them but please go to the coh2 relic forum fo rants
8 Sep 2019, 15:54 PM

Permanently Banned
If your in 2v2+ one or more of your allies should have a doc that makes killing heavies easy like SU ram and AT strafe, or P47, etc. The Jagd/Ele are doctrinal so, you should have a doctrinal counter if Axis decided to stick to a doc super heavy, otherwise you'll face an uphill battle.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United Kingdom 149
unknown 4
unknown 1
United States 22

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %