Login

russian armor

What faction and modus get played most / less!

5 Sep 2019, 12:52 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Since often people ask about what modus is played most atm and which faction.
I will list it here now. This list counts only active player in the ladderboard. 05.09.2019

1vs1

Brit: 1428
USA: 1744
Soviet: 2279
OKW: 2338
Wehrmacht: 2777

2vs2

Brit: 2336
USA: 2509
Soviet: 3354
OKW 3581
Wehrmacht: 4199

3vs3

USA: 3106
Brit: 3131
Soviet: 4503
OKW: 4707
Wehrmacht: 5718

4vs4:

USA: 6233
Brit: 6581
Soviet: 8843
OKW: 8985
Wehrmacht: 10475

2vs2 AT

Axis 6523
Allies: 6589

3vs3 At:

Axis: 1762
Allies: 1888

4vs4 AT

Axis: 585
Allies: 627

What you can see is:
Most played random modus is 4vs4 > 3vs3> 2vs2 > 1vs1

Also that Wehrmacht and okw is always mosted pick. In the middle is soviet; and brit and USA is less.

Why for Premade AT does not count this numbers?!
1. Reason is, that many teamgame players are playing often in new combinations. But they need to play 10 games with the same 4 players, to get shown up here. Thats why the AT 4vs4 numbers are so low.

2. Many 2vs2 AT premade are seachring 3vs3, 4vs4 too.

5 Sep 2019, 13:07 PM

Interesting, I was expecting the OKW to be most played.
5 Sep 2019, 13:10 PM

It is strange that there are least discussions about OST even though it is the most played faction.
5 Sep 2019, 13:10 PM

Had no idea WM is so popular and brit so unplayed. USF too, i mean OKW and USF come in the same time and USF is OP, why people play OKW ?lol
5 Sep 2019, 13:14 PM

What amuses me the most about these statistics is that team games are more popular. But they balance only around 1vs1.
5 Sep 2019, 13:15 PM

Had no idea WM is so popular and brit so unplayed.

The main reason why brits are the least played is because they are the newest faction (and locked behind a DLC). Wehr is pretty popular because it's part of the base CoH2 package and I guess more people think it's more interesting to play as the axis as they probably are more "WW2 iconic" than the allies factions. I see a lot players in automatch who use the names of Wehrmacht Generals or important Wehr divisions as their steam nickname.... and most of the times they mainly play axis only. But I barely ever see people doing that with Generals or armies of the allies.

5 Sep 2019, 13:21 PM

What amuses me the most about these statistics is that team games are more popular. But they balance only around 1vs1.

No one really bothers about team games' results since player could blame his/her teammates when he/she lost.
5 Sep 2019, 13:21 PM

The main reason why brits are the least played is because they are the newest faction (and locked behind a DLC). Wehr is pretty popular because it's part of the base CoH2 package and I guess more people think it's more interesting to play as the axis as they probably are more "WW2 iconic" than the allies factions. I see a lot players in automatch who use the names of Wehrmacht Generals or important Wehr divisions as their steam nickname.... and most of the times they mainly play axis only. But I barely ever see people doing that with Generals or armies of the allies.

And most players who use generals or SS Division names play horribly. It's like a Nazi lamp for silly motels.
5 Sep 2019, 13:26 PM

And most players who use generals or SS Division names play horribly. It's like a Nazi lamp for silly motels.

Sad but true :thumbsup:
5 Sep 2019, 13:29 PM

now we can close the myth that "everyone plays only axis in team games cause it's opiopie !11!!!!1"
5 Sep 2019, 13:31 PM

There are more casual drivers then professional race drivers, yet races have rules made for the latter.
There are more casual football players then professionals playing in famous teams.

It doesn't matter what is popular, only what is competitive.
Rules apply equally to competitive and non competitive and the latter not being good enough to capitalize on them isn't an excuse for anything.

Also, it all comes together now that you think about how many wehraboos there are compared to others and by the sheer rule of statistics, its self explanatory why ost bois playing allies always have higher ranks - less competition means better results.

Had no idea WM is so popular and brit so unplayed. USF too, i mean OKW and USF come in the same time and USF is OP, why people play OKW ?lol

We've known that for ages based on how easy it is to get higher ranks for these factions.
5 Sep 2019, 13:31 PM

In WM 2v2 ladder for example 4199 is the number of unique players that play 2v2? You mean that there are out there 4199-2777=1422 players who play more 2v2 or even only 2v2 ? That's the whole brit ladder players.
5 Sep 2019, 13:34 PM

They couldn't figure out yet how to balance 1v1 properly, how do you expect to balance team games? You are like those kids who just scream more money but their parents work at McDonalds lol
5 Sep 2019, 13:34 PM

In WM 2v2 ladder for example 4199 is the number of unique players that play 2v2? You mean that there are out there 4199-2777=1422 players who play more 2v2 or even only 2v2 ? That's the whole brit ladder players.

You and everyone else can easily look up these numbers. Go to this site and check the amount of players for each mode and faction. For this, scroll to the bottom, there you can see a "jump to page.." field. Enter a number like 999 and you will get sent to the last site, showing you the number of players.
5 Sep 2019, 13:35 PM

You and everyone else can easily look up these numbers. Go to this site and check the amount of players for each mode and faction. For this, scroll to the bottom, there you can see a "jump to page.." field. Enter a number like 999 and you will get sent to the last site, showing you the number of players.

To make your answer short...it's unique players...
5 Sep 2019, 13:38 PM

They couldn't figure out yet how to balance 1v1 properly, how do you expect to balance team games?

Firstly, I don’t believe in balance at all. This is subjective, there will always be problems, there will always be discontent. I believe in new content, it is material and provides an incentive to continue an already long game.
Secondly, it was possible to divide the balance for 1 versus 1 and for team games, their gameplay is different and they must be balanced in different ways.
5 Sep 2019, 13:40 PM
Senior Editor Badge

4199 is just the number of players that played at least 10 ranked 2v2 games as WM and played at least one in the last month. Doesn't say anything about what else they play.

I looked a little bit into this in an old article (from 2016), but I doubt the numbers changed signficantly since then:

The way to read this is: 33% played ONLY axis, 31% played ONLY allies, 5% played ONLY 1v1, 29% played ONLY 1v1 or 2v2, 83% played no 1v1 at all, and so on.
5 Sep 2019, 13:41 PM

Firstly, I don’t believe in balance at all. This is subjective, there will always be problems, there will always be discontent. I believe in new content, it is material and provides an incentive to continue an already long game.
Secondly, it was possible to divide the balance for 1 versus 1 and for team games, their gameplay is different and they must be balanced in different ways.

Let's take a simple example to show to you that you really don't know what you are asking:
Lets assume grens and cons are perfectly balanced in 1v1. What change do they need to make to balance them in 2v2? My point is if the factions are perfectly balanced in 1v1 why they need to be balanced in 2v2? How are they umbalanced?
5 Sep 2019, 13:48 PM

Let's take a simple example to show to you that you really don't know what you are asking:
Lets assume grens and cons are perfectly balanced in 1v1. What change do they need to make to balance them in 2v2? My point is if the factions are perfectly balanced in 1v1 why they need to be balanced in 2v2? How are they umbalanced?

The fact that in 1vs1 you are obliged to build 4 or more Conscripts and Grenadier squad at the start to control the map. In 2vs2 and above no one builds 4 units of the Conscripts and the Grenadier, a maximum of two units. The game's timings are changing. In 1vs1 light tanks are required, in team games light tanks are simply skipped and the best tanks are expected.
5 Sep 2019, 13:58 PM

The biggest differences in game modes are
1. The maps are different; People are fighting over different points and terrain
2. The meta is different; You may need to adjust your tactics with multiple opponents

Unit & faction balance is going to be the same but they may perform slightly differently depending how they are used in the team game context.

I think just worrying about unit & faction balance is the best approach. The map pool is a separate issue. "Meta problems" are more a result of the previous two and can have adjustments as needed.

meta ex. No tech callins are kind of pointless in 4v4 because you usually have enough of the map to tech easily in any competitive game but they are still being removed because they are too used frequently to generate an unfair advantage in 1v1.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★