Login

russian armor

USF Sherman 76 mm - Who needs it?

4 Sep 2019, 10:31 AM

i like when allies fanbois only talk about the armor from german heavy expansive tanks and forgot to say any word about the same or even better armor from allies heavy tanks. Like ISU, IS, churchs, KW serie, Comet etc.

I like when ullumulus compare armor, while completely ignoring panthers, tigers, KTs, ele and JT armor.
I like when ullumulus point out "high armor of churchill" while ignoring the fact that both axis P4s have or will have with vet just 6 armor less.

Jp4 and p4 struggle hard vs them.

Might have something to do with them not being made to counter high armor target.
Something something high armor something something high penetration something something fucking panther.

All allies faction got great TDs which can deal with the high armor from axis tanks...

And all axis factions have super heavy tank destroyers and panthers to make that armor of allies irrelevant as well.

and axis faction has not one single one combo to delete 250+ fuel tanks in a blink of a eye like allies have (t34 ram and AT plane callins.)

Have you seen vet1 PaK ability yet?
Have you used stuka close air support even once?
Are you aware of existence of Panther, the fact that it has superior armor to everything but heavy call-ins, superior range to everything but dedicated TDs with zero AI, superior mobility to pretty much everything and ability to kite, escape or chase with vet1 super speed button?
Oh right, sorry, you're too busy getting trolled by AECs while you attack ground in opposing direction while having rear armor exposed to the front line.
4 Sep 2019, 11:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Sep 2019, 10:26 AMEsxile
Lol, the Ez8 is ok for its price, nothing close to "Really really good"

You'd see loads of them if they were in a doctrine that's not garbage.
4 Sep 2019, 11:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Sep 2019, 11:07 AMLago

You'd see loads of them if they were in a doctrine that's not garbage.

RE flamer and Willy Peter aren't bad in fact. You'll see a loads of them if they were more than okayish.
4 Sep 2019, 11:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Sep 2019, 11:32 AMEsxile

RE flamer and Willy Peter aren't bad in fact. You'll see a loads of them if they were more than okayish.
better at than a okw p4 and t 34 85, need 5 shell to die like t 34 85, similar AI to okw p4 and t 34 85 (better scatter and moving scatter, but lower aoe), similar speed to okw p4 and t 34 85, similar armor to okw p4, all the utility of a sherman

basically u not only want a better okw p4 for the same price, u want a fusion of t34 85 and okw p4 but only getting the best of the 2 :snfPeter:
ddd
4 Sep 2019, 11:53 AM

Whats with people without playercard and thinking easy8 is good? Do you even play this game or only troll on forums?
4 Sep 2019, 11:54 AM

better at than a okw p4 and t 34 85, need 5 shell to die like t 34 85, similar AI to okw p4 and t 34 85 (better scatter and moving scatter, but lower aoe), similar speed to okw p4 and t 34 85, similar armor to okw p4, all the utility of a sherman

basically u not only want a better okw p4 for the same price, u want a fusion of t34 85 and okw p4 but only getting the best of the 2 :snfPeter:

Did I said I wanted something? Just said the Ez8 is OK as you mentioned it doesn't shine in anything. If I want AI I'll buy a 75mm and if I want AT I'll take a Jackson. See the difference between the T34-76 and T34-85 and even with the SU-85. The 85 has a specific place in Soviet roaster which is failing for the Ez8.

Ez8 is OK for its price, but far for "really really good."
4 Sep 2019, 11:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Sep 2019, 11:54 AMEsxile

Did I said I wanted something? Just said the Ez8 is OK as you mentioned it doesn't shine in anything. If I want AI I'll buy a 75mm and if I want AT I'll take a Jackson. See the difference between the T34-76 and T34-85 and even with the SU-85. The 85 has a specific place in Soviet roaster which is failing for the Ez8.

Ez8 is OK for its price, but far for "really really good."

Just said the p4 is OK as you mentioned it doesn't shine in anything. If I want AI I'll buy a ostwind and if I want AT I'll take a stug. See the difference between the T34-76 and T34-85 and even with the SU-85. The 85 has a specific place in Soviet roaster which is failing for the p4.

:snfPeter:

p4 is OK for its price, but far for "really really good."

:snfPeter::snfPeter::snfPeter::snfPeter:

the grass of the neighbor is always greener:romeoHairDay:
4 Sep 2019, 12:06 PM

And all axis factions have super heavy tank destroyers and panthers to make that armor of allies irrelevant as well.

All Allies’ TD are not doctrine units while all Axises’ Super TD are doctrine units.

I do believe this game is based on “Allies have better infantry while Axises have better tanks”.
4 Sep 2019, 12:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Sep 2019, 00:55 AMRiley

1. lol. Do you compare E8 with panzer 4? Doctrine tanks? are you serious? :lol:

i guess the new ost doc does not count

Panzer IV J

The Panzer IV J has more frontal armor by default, is slightly better versus infantry and has more veterancy bonuses compared to Ostheer's regular Panzer IV (H).

Gives Ostheer access to the OKW Panzer IV J; has identical stats.

or getting ostwind for okw in a doc

if u played osther sometimes u might know that it's a doc unit :romeoHype:
4 Sep 2019, 12:11 PM

moving scatter : Ez8 (5.4/10.8), 75mm sherman(5/10), Pz4j(5.54/11.08, having scatter vet bonus)

https://www.coh2.org/topic/36347/cruzz-s-the-more-you-know

Easy Eight has no scatter penalty on the move so it will be just as effective against infantry with the main gun standing still as moving

4 Sep 2019, 12:16 PM

https://www.coh2.org/topic/36347/cruzz-s-the-more-you-know

Easy Eight has no scatter penalty on the move so it will be just as effective against infantry with the main gun standing still as moving

Think that was fixed as bug in patch.

Bottom line Easy8 is superior to PanzerIV J. I am pretty sure the usual suspects would complain that the unit is OP if the PanzerIV J become an easy8 clone.
4 Sep 2019, 12:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Sep 2019, 12:16 PMVipper

Think that was fixed as bug in patch.

Bottom line Easy8 is superior to Panzer IV J. I am pretty sure the usual suspects would complain if panzer J become an easy8 clone.
i tried to search easy eight in all the patch notes and could not find it tho
4 Sep 2019, 12:19 PM

i tried to search easy eight in all the patch notes and could not find it tho

December patch notes for some very bizarre reason are not included in patch-notes....
M4A3 76mm ‘Easy-Eight’
The Easy-Eight will still have lower moving scatter than most other tanks; previously the E8 had no scatter penalties for moving.

Moving scatter from 1 to 1.35
4 Sep 2019, 12:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Sep 2019, 12:19 PMVipper

December patch notes for some very bizarre reason are not included in patch-notes....
M4A3 76mm ‘Easy-Eight’
The Easy-Eight will still have lower moving scatter than most other tanks; previously the E8 had no scatter penalties for moving.

Moving scatter from 1 to 1.35
was it ever applied ?

and it's still better right ?

The Easy-Eight will still have lower moving scatter than most other tanks
4 Sep 2019, 12:23 PM

was it ever applied ?

and it's still better right ?

The Easy-Eight will still have lower moving scatter than most other tanks

I think has been applied I did not check the editor since it is in the final notes.

Scatter value for other tanks is 1.5 if I remember correctly.
4 Sep 2019, 12:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Sep 2019, 12:23 PMVipper

I think has been applied I did not check the editor. Scatter value for other tanks is 1.5 if I remember correctly.
im in the editor, where can i find moving scatter ?

it's not under scatter or moving
4 Sep 2019, 12:27 PM

All Allies’ TD are not doctrine units while all Axises’ Super TD are doctrine units.

I admire your selective reading capabilities.

I do believe this game is based on “Allies have better infantry while Axises have better tanks”.

That's untrue for at least 2-3 years now given all the tuning to infantry and armor to keep relative power levels for the cost the same.
Hell, leveling the power gap is why tommies are not getting nerfs and why axis fanbois screech incoherently about panther not being able to solo tackle any number of allied tanks on field anymore.
4 Sep 2019, 12:30 PM

im in the editor, where can i find moving scatter ?

it's not under scatter or moving

Not sure.
4 Sep 2019, 12:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Sep 2019, 12:30 PMVipper

Not sure.
ok found it, it's 1,35, most tanks have 2 (p4 , t 34 line, Cromwell) (1,5 normal Sherman :luvCarrot: ) (1,75 kv1)

the 76mm has 2 scatter tho

edit: another reason why Sherman is the best stock medium tank :snfPeter: not only better accuracy but better scatter too than other tanks :snfPeter:
4 Sep 2019, 13:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Sep 2019, 11:32 AMEsxile

No, they're not bad. I'm perhaps being unduly harsh on Rifle Company.

But look at the competition. Revamped Armor Company. Heavy Cavalry Company. Mechanized Everything Company.

USF's commanders could really do with an ability reshuffle.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★