Login

russian armor

USF Sherman 76 mm - Who needs it?

4 Sep 2019, 17:24 PM

Why would you build a unit and then not use any of the abilities? Like, it may be doable with a Panzer IV that constantly uses an AI/AT round, but a M4 Sherman without smoke or HE rounds is basically pointless. The abilities are integral to the unit. The utility factor.

And the 76MM doesnt need any messing with or replacement upgrades to the Sherman. I think it's fine as is, and honestly looking at the stats I wouldnt be surprised if it gets a nerf to its AP ROF, which is better than any other medium tank.
nah it’s fine, I would even try to give it less scatter on the move like normal Sherman
4 Sep 2019, 20:07 PM

Lord knows pressing the stop button is hard. 6 second freeze of switching rounds or the entire vehicle stopping to pop a delayed smoke has got nothing on the amount of timing and technical skill required to use Blitz or Panzer Tactician lmao

And this thread is pretty pointless now that I basically proved the 76mm is better than the M4A3E8 in basically every situation, E8 having the longest reload time of any medium tank and inferior accuracy and penetration to the 76MM HVAP.

The easy8 has more armor and can take an extra hit.

HVAP round also have AOE of 0.25 while the Easy has 2.
4 Sep 2019, 20:09 PM

Sherman 76 can't fight panther and is more expensive than the M4A3 75 sherman. It also doesn't have the HE rounds which are the main reason why people would build a 75 sherman outside of 1v1 anyway. I see a point of building a Sherman 76 in 1v1 as it still has some AI capability while being much better AT than stock Sherman. Sherman 76 is a good medium tank but you don't need mediums in 2v2+. You need arty, TDs and inf.

Dis, saying that USF tanks requires more micro is actually false, better moving accuracy and scatter means u don’t need to stop and shoot like all other tanks

You are again being delusional thinking that USF players don't stop vehicles before firing. Believe me or not but 1 > 0.75. 0.75 moving ACC multiplier is useful when you are reversing your tank out from the combat and you can still land some shots on the enemy, or when you are desperately trying to chase and kill something. Just the other day I had a situation when I was flanking a stug with sherman and I missed at like 10 distance because I didn't stop before firing.

4 Sep 2019, 20:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Sep 2019, 20:07 PMVipper

The easy8 has more armor and can take an extra hit.

HVAP round also have AOE of 0.25 while the Easy has 2.

If you're using HVAP against a target where AOE is more useful than penetration, you've made a mistake, and the HVAP round has much better penetration and a faster ROF than the M4A3E8's main gun.

Taking an extra hit with the extra 80hp is nice, but the Easy 8 is also slower and more expensive than the 76mm Sherman.
4 Sep 2019, 20:20 PM

If you're using HVAP against a target where AOE is more useful than penetration, you've made a mistake, and the HVAP round has much better penetration and a faster ROF than the M4A3E8's main gun.

Taking an extra hit with the extra 80hp is nice, but the Easy 8 is also slower and more expensive than the 76mm Sherman.

Reload time for for HVAP is 6.1 vs 6-6.6 average 6.3 the difference is minimal.

Penetration fer is around 6% better so I wouldn't call "much" better but that is just me.

One has to switch munition the other does not...(on another note for quite some time some people claimed that Sherman was inferior because it could use HE rounds :) )

Not only it has more HP but more armor. A Easy8 has allot better chance vs PzIV than the 76mm.

Both units are fine and both units are more cost efficient than PzIV J
4 Sep 2019, 20:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Sep 2019, 20:20 PMVipper

Reload time for for HVAP is 6.1 vs 6-6.6 average 6.3 the difference is minimal.

One has to switch munition the other does not...

One round has better stats (accuracy, penetration, ROF), one round does not...

Do you believe the fact that an Easy 8 does not have to switch rounds makes it more effective versus armor than the 76mm? Versus something like a Panther?

I ask because the 76mm Sherman would outdps the Easy Eight versus a Panzer IV as a given, a scenario where the Easy Eight would have to rely on it's superior durability, primarily it's 55 extra armor, a stat which is not nearly as useful versus anything heavier than one.

Re the edit concerning the PzIV J;

This vehicle has better armor and better AI than either tank.
4 Sep 2019, 21:05 PM

Do you believe the fact that an Easy 8 does not have to switch rounds makes it more effective versus armor than the 76mm? Versus something like a Panther?

I ask because the 76mm Sherman would outdps the Easy Eight versus a Panzer IV as a given, a scenario where the Easy Eight would have to rely on it's superior durability, primarily it's 55 extra armor, a stat which is not nearly as useful versus anything heavier than one.

The Easy8 does have better chance of wining. It will has a bit less DPS but far more durability.

And far worse penetration. In addition it will probably lose vs both tanks although it has similar price.

Finally its advantage in armor and AI over the normal PanzerIV is not worth it. Both 76mm and Easy8 are superior vehicles.
4 Sep 2019, 21:24 PM

Fun fact 76 regural when you switch to the more AT sheels their pen is better than E8 one
4 Sep 2019, 21:39 PM

and stug and jp4 and at guns and etc

and easy 8 should have similar ai, it has lower aoe but has better scatter especially on the move
6 Sep 2019, 06:02 AM

struggling with a horde of E8...is a l2p issue...
6 Sep 2019, 16:49 PM

The E8 consistently trounces both Panzer IV H and J models, without unusually bad RNG for the USF player.
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★