Login

russian armor

Land mattress

1 Sep 2019, 06:01 AM

IMO it could use something to make it more useful. It's objectively the worst rocket arty in every aspect except for payload (which doesn't even matter because it's so inaccurate and so slow) and fuel price. It's got a horrible setup time and sets up automatically facing the first enemy it sees, meaning if you want to fire 10 degrees somewhere else they have to tear it down, turn, and set it up again, which all in all takes like 5-6 seconds, compared to near instantaneous response rates from all other rocket arty platforms. It's infantry crewed and towed, meaning its slow as fuck, can die to random indirect or small arms fire, and for some reason costs like 50-something to reinforce models. It's got a horrible cooldown time, way longer than all the other rocket arties, and its vet2 doesn't even do anything anymore. And to top it all off, when you actually shoot something with it, it'll probably miss 90% of its rockets and they'll just move out of the circle after like 4 rockets anyway.

I made this thread after a game playing against it as ost and it got like 3 kills and I just kinda laughed at it, as my double mortar left over from hardcountering his mortar pit rained death on all his sections as soon as they got to the front lines.

TL; DR: land mattress sucks at everything.

IMO it could at least use a faster setup/teardown time and if it could be coded to set up only at the user's discretion, that'd help it a lot too (as opposed to autofacing the first enemy it sees). It should also lose the stupidly long cooldown and get an actual vet2 bonus (because people cried 25% more damage was OPieop so they literally just removed the vet2 and didn't replace it like a year ago).
1 Sep 2019, 11:37 AM

it's the only art with 0.5 reduced damage from green cover
1 Sep 2019, 11:45 AM

IMO it could use something to make it more useful. It's objectively the worst rocket arty in every aspect except for payload (which doesn't even matter because it's so inaccurate and so slow) and fuel price. It's got a horrible setup time and sets up automatically facing the first enemy it sees, meaning if you want to fire 10 degrees somewhere else they have to tear it down, turn, and set it up again, which all in all takes like 5-6 seconds, compared to near instantaneous response rates from all other rocket arty platforms. It's infantry crewed and towed, meaning its slow as fuck, can die to random indirect or small arms fire, and for some reason costs like 50-something to reinforce models. It's got a horrible cooldown time, way longer than all the other rocket arties, and its vet2 doesn't even do anything anymore. And to top it all off, when you actually shoot something with it, it'll probably miss 90% of its rockets and they'll just move out of the circle after like 4 rockets anyway.

I made this thread after a game playing against it as ost and it got like 3 kills and I just kinda laughed at it, as my double mortar left over from hardcountering his mortar pit rained death on all his sections as soon as they got to the front lines.

TL; DR: land mattress sucks at everything.

IMO it could at least use a faster setup/teardown time and if it could be coded to set up only at the user's discretion, that'd help it a lot too (as opposed to autofacing the first enemy it sees). It should also lose the stupidly long cooldown and get an actual vet2 bonus (because people cried 25% more damage was OPieop so they literally just removed the vet2 and didn't replace it like a year ago).

I agree with you that you need more agility of setup and teardown, I would even like you to add the land mattress to other commanders but it is not so disastrous in effectiveness it refers.

in fact ost mortars have the ability to precisely destroy enemy support armaments, it is normal for you to easily destroy it
1 Sep 2019, 11:45 AM

Well it was op with its 25% more damage. It was so freaking op that is was nerfed into horribleness. Now it just needs a more snappy response like you said.
1 Sep 2019, 15:04 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

I use it to good effect, although it wouldn't be my go to choice for rocket arty regardless. saturation is nice occassionaly for blobs and stuff but the katy is infinitley better. I think better teardown/setup mechanics would go a long way to reducing its frustration.
1 Sep 2019, 15:09 PM

i believe the nerf hammer was too hard on the poor thing (land mattres), the damage it does is similar to the katushya but has lower mid range damage and has a 0.5 reduce damage vs heavy cover, it's the only one to have it (all other have 1), but the bigger problem is the targeting circle, it's to big and it does not actually show where the rocket are gonna hit, the problem I believe is the distance ratio of a whopping 0.6 (all other have rocket art have 0.16) and the scatter angle of 15

To fix the unit I believe normalizing the ratio is the first step (if not 0.16 at least 0.2-0.3), then changing the angle to 12-13 would make it more consistent
maybe normalizing the cover damage to 1 too ? Or maybe 0.75 as is the only team weapon art (so no easy puma hunt)?

Here some img for what I mean the targeting circle doesn't actually show where the rocket hit, 1 at max range 1 at minimum (bigger than my resolution)

the blue dot is where I clicked, the red lines are the circle edge, u can see its worth jack shit as indication, in green I made the circle(?) of what the actual targeting circle should actually look like, so around half of what it shows
and yes I have a paint master degree thank you

here something vipper made so u can even better understand what I mean
1 Sep 2019, 17:42 PM

Alongside the scatter issue, reaction time is also a serious problem, i can hit a moving blob with kat, pzwefer or stuka, but cant with mattress. Mobility and survivability, too, mattress range required it to move pretty close to the frontline to work and it can be decrewed by small arm.
1 Sep 2019, 18:07 PM

well that cause its cheap tho
1 Sep 2019, 18:10 PM

+10 range would be nice and enough imo
1 Sep 2019, 18:23 PM

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %