Login

russian armor

Please, return retreat to Raks

30 Aug 2019, 09:24 AM

The problem about that thing was the OP AIDS ninja stealth, on a non-inf unit, not the retreat

This has taken out quite a bit of flavour away from the gun.

Besides, it wont be OP, since its a double edged sword (easier stealing)

P.S. Maybe I should have rather posted this into the main faction thread, but I feel like that one is for more general/ overall feedback, rather than for a specific thing that makes a topic for itself
30 Aug 2019, 09:27 AM

Read patch notes and update your preview mod?
It was returned 8 days ago.
30 Aug 2019, 09:54 AM

I thought it was better without retreat. Particularly for balancing.

Personally I think it should have been removed.
30 Aug 2019, 10:06 AM

without retreat it will be basically direktly killed if it misses first shot on m3 making it even more useless
30 Aug 2019, 10:09 AM

without retreat it will be basically direktly killed if it misses first shot on m3 making it even more useless

I don't think that argument works so well, because ALL ATGs are dead if there is a vehicle around that can go behind them if they don't have mainline or AT inf cover.
At worst case, you're only supporting why it shouldn't have retreat to be fair against other ATGs.
30 Aug 2019, 10:50 AM

I mean for an AT support gun, I always found reversing very useful since this is the button that I find most important for the ATG to use.

Retreat is a really annoying mechanic for Raketenwerfer I find many times.

It really does not need that at all now that it has 5 man, increased range and all.

All it needs to be is a proper ATG but with that being back the retreat, I do not know how that is going to exactly improve gameplay.

Remove Retreat and improve further AT support areas is what would be better.

Retreat especially for an AT support gun can be toxic/ chessy.

I want it to be a normal ATG.
30 Aug 2019, 11:30 AM

Retreat is kind of pointless to have imo, as it's really not going to help when you are being attacked by HE shermans or just massed infantry in general, especially so if the crew manning the weapon keeps dying(death loop).

It's there just to cover f*ckups that people make regarding its stealth movement aswell as compensate for its poor survivability, but with both out of the window i am not in the opinion that the T button is a neccesary thing to have on the rak right now.
30 Aug 2019, 11:37 AM

it lacks the at gun shield , i would just give up on the rak at this point and copy paste the usf at gun and changing the skin a bit
30 Aug 2019, 11:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Aug 2019, 10:09 AMKatitof

I don't think that argument works so well, because ALL ATGs are dead if there is a vehicle around that can go behind them if they don't have mainline or AT inf cover.
At worst case, you're only supporting why it shouldn't have retreat to be fair against other ATGs.

Other light vehicles and tanks arrive usually later if they have a similar wipe potential AND okw early game lacks snares, unless you go for pfusiliers and if you have to lock in a commander and get an atgun your opponent can just outblob or do other infantry based cheese against you.
30 Aug 2019, 11:45 AM

Other light vehicles and tanks arrive usually later if they have a similar wipe potential AND okw early game lacks snares, unless you go for pfusiliers and if you have to lock in a commander and get an atgun your opponent can just outblob or do other infantry based cheese against you.

Jeep, 221, UC, pretty much only Ost doesn't have ultra light, but they are the only ones who start with fausts/at nades.
30 Aug 2019, 11:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Aug 2019, 11:45 AMKatitof

Jeep, 221, UC, pretty much only Ost doesn't have ultra light, but they are the only ones who start with fausts/at nades.

IF they have a similar wipe potential, we don't need to talk about ppsh penals, or shocks inside the m3a1 but a single combat engineer with a roks-3 flamer is enough to wipe raks without the retreat ability in a matter of seconds, the 221 can come close but usually doesn't decrew at guns because allied players can have a ultra light vehicle of their own to hold it off, the armor upgrade comes rather late and is almost at the 222 timing.
If you would have tried playing the patch you would probably have noticed the weakness of the rak yourself.
30 Aug 2019, 11:53 AM

no other vehicle has that much of wipe potential in a time frame where okw has no snares, so raketen needs the retreat option IMO
The range buff might be a little too much then, since its only a 270 mp at gun
30 Aug 2019, 11:58 AM

IF they have a similar wipe potential, we don't need to talk about ppsh penals, or shocks inside the m3a1 but a single combat engineer with a roks-3 flamer is enough to wipe raks without the retreat ability in a matter of seconds, the 221 can come close but usually doesn't decrew at guns because allied players can have a ultra light vehicle of their own to hold it off, the armor upgrade comes rather late and is almost at the 222 timing.
If you would have tried playing the patch you would probably have noticed the weakness of the rak yourself.

M3 doesn't have much wipe potential on its own, its completely dependent on the package and regular blobbing if you expect that hardcounters it.
30 Aug 2019, 14:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Aug 2019, 09:27 AMKatitof
Read patch notes and update your preview mod?
It was returned 8 days ago.

Ouch, seems like I gardened up :oops:

Thx for info

Glad its back :clap:

The other changes are good enough at makin it normal and more mirroring and flavour killing is the last thing the game needs
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★