Login

russian armor

Help wanted, moscow outskirts (2v2)

27 Oct 2013, 23:20 PM
Patrion 14

I really like the map winter as well as summer and what they bring, but I think its without a doubt the map I loose most on. I almost exclusivy play 2v2. Latest few games have been as soviet.

Now, I will try to add a replay of a loss asap, currently dont have any saved sadly. Last game on moscow I had was filled with sloppy play after 5 hrs of gaming, so I dont think its worth posting. Me and my teammate really need help to tackle this map. Because we are currently playing soviet, we could use that as startingpoint.

Ofc, alot of things come down to how the opponents are playing, but what usually happens is we spread out earlygame, usually have no problem capping the fuelpoint without hard cutoff (if map is rotated its always on the LHS) and denying or even holding the other fuel for a while early game. We will stay in the fight for "their" fuel as long as possible without taking major losses, then refocus on mid to our fuel. Then we get pushed back further away from mid until to much PGrens and or P4/Panthers roll out. Sinking a couple of tanks for the ostheer is usually not a problem. But we are getting pushed back none the less. We are attempting to harass as much as possible, and defending what needs to be defended but there is always something that breaks our strat. We usually bleed VPs. The map is so wide that it feels hard to maintain proper mapcontrol.

Our usual build is something like 3 cons ->T2 he goes for a fast t34 if possible, I go for maxim, zis and then tech to t4 and then onto Su85s. Lately I have been using the soviet shock army commander. What usually happens, even if attempting to protect one flank, there tends to come a squad from another or both directions, making maxims hard to use because of their narrow arc. Flank usualy takes out zis (or panzerwerfer/mortar mortar ht) then they go in flanking the su85s. My teammate usually does alot of good harass and flanking with the t34s.

You might say mines, but placing mines is with my age and micro really hard to do at good spots during very hectic games.

What I would like to have are:

• Replays / casts with good soviet play on this map (2v2 only). Found 1 with Allstars vs NoLucky and a guy, will look at this as soon as I get a chance.
  • some good tips for early game capping. Harassment priorities.
  • Tips on how to keep reliably on the offensive and keep the ostheer at bay, usually Im suffering from mp drain (might be because of said mortars or the odd shocksquad).
  • Suggested buildorders and if possible what it kind of counters
  • Recommended commanders for good synergy

I like the map, but have a horrible horrible track-record on it. Especially as soviet.
28 Oct 2013, 00:03 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Hey, I also mostly play 2v2 with my mate, im rank 1200 or something as soviets

I rarely save replays so cant help you there:

harrasment priiorites:
Winter:
The houses at two cutoffs are very important. If you just get a engie in there it is very annoying for the enemy since you can cutoff.
Summer:
This map has no cutoffs so the houses at the fuel are much more important.
You say you are both going T2, if one of you (I suggest you since he goes T3) gets some snipers you can protect the flanks really good. Snipers are very good in the middle.

I usually go 3 cons > t2>heal>maxim while my mate goes 3 cons>t1>sniper/m3
We have a lot of difficulties with assgrens currently so sometimes I get t2 at the start but that only seems to work in minsk.

Commander synergy:
I say mechanized support is a must.It has guards and bomb strike, A very good way to kill an elefant.
Second commander: shock army is good, the guard motor can never go wrong, the one with kv8+is2 is very good as well.
28 Oct 2013, 12:42 PM
Patrion 14

Thanks for the reply. T1 seems like a good choice as long as you can keep snipers alive.

Mechanized support is a nice go to commander and something that we usually bring along.

If you happen to play on that map would you mind saving the replay and upload/send it to me? Would be much appreciated.
6 Nov 2013, 17:29 PM
Patrion 14

Not many replies, figures without replay. But here is a replay of a win, but still with the weak midgame that we struggle with. I was going to add a loss as well, but must have botched up the saving of that game since I cannot find it. :(

Anyways, comment and help for midgame would be really nice. Or any other tips on how to tackle this map.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 109
unknown 12
South Africa 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak