Login

russian armor

Soviets preform the best against OKW

23 Aug 2019, 05:13 AM

I believe the Soviets preform the best against OKW out of the three Allied factions. The Penal spam plus Shock infantry and Scout Car seem pretty difficult for OKW to overcome and the ability of OKW to easily overwhelm USF and to a lesser extent UKF in the early game just doesn't seem to work as well against the Soviets since they don't bleed as much manpower even with penals than does the other two Allied factions. Only thing is that the Soviets probably have the worst stock Armor in the game although the T70 seems decent and I believe can counter the Luchs besides being good against infantry.
24 Aug 2019, 09:52 AM

Yes. Thats because their close range can't be countered by OKW. Volks do decentish against penals but once Shocks hit the field you have absolutely no counter except for Luchs which gets countered by T-70. Also OKW mindless Volks blob start will have to face the Katyusha close range nuke.
2 Sep 2019, 04:20 AM

I have been having problems against penal battalions as well. In vCoH it was pretty simple as to how to use your infantry because volks were better at distance, rifles were better close up and tommies would obliterate at any range. In CoH2 there are so many variations to the infantry that I haven't gotten a grip on what is good against what and what are optimal ranges.

Finding it difficult to find a good build path as well. Checked out some of the guides but they all seem to be pretty outdated.
26 Jan 2020, 16:25 PM

Sov plays punish poor truck placements as well. Even harder than pack howitzers or mortar pits.

Flak truck means nothing if shock troop throws 1 smoke, and 3 penal squads throw satchel.

If you want to speed it up you can use for mother russia as well.
26 Jan 2020, 17:12 PM

OKW easily overwhelm the USF of noobs like you.
31 Jan 2020, 05:45 AM

The Scout Car alone is the biggest problem OKW have, and in team games Maxim spam can equally be a serious problem. In the case of the latter, Wehr cannot defeat said Maxim spam fast enough for the OKW player to really be able to contribute anything. A horde of averagely-micro'd Maxims can punish an OKW far more than it should be able to for the amount of input it takes.

The biggest problems for OKW are, to summarize the above:
1) fact the Panzerfaust isn't unlocked once the 1st truck hits the field, but instead once the first truck is completely deployed (should be addressed)
2) fact the Indirect Fire unit (Leig) is locked behind tech, and only one of the two trucks as well (possibly could be addressed by placing it in HQ like the MG 34, maybe even still requiring tech, or maybe being T0 but with a higher upfront cost.)
1 Feb 2020, 13:47 PM

The Scout Car alone is the biggest problem OKW have, and in team games Maxim spam can equally be a serious problem. In the case of the latter, Wehr cannot defeat said Maxim spam fast enough for the OKW player to really be able to contribute anything. A horde of averagely-micro'd Maxims can punish an OKW far more than it should be able to for the amount of input it takes.

The biggest problems for OKW are, to summarize the above:
1) fact the Panzerfaust isn't unlocked once the 1st truck hits the field, but instead once the first truck is completely deployed (should be addressed)
2) fact the Indirect Fire unit (Leig) is locked behind tech, and only one of the two trucks as well (possibly could be addressed by placing it in HQ like the MG 34, maybe even still requiring tech, or maybe being T0 but with a higher upfront cost.)

Your first point with the Faust, could be dealt with Commanders who have Pfusiliers
The second point I agree 100% the Leig should be in the main HQ, otherwise you are screwed agaings any allied support weapons
24 Feb 2020, 10:48 AM

Why couldn't they do the trucks like US forces?

Split the initial cost and vehicles.

You could get your truck setup faster, and have access your MG and I.G. then you could unlock the additional vehicles with a seperate upgrade.

Heck, they already do that with the Panzer HQ upgrade.
24 Feb 2020, 20:59 PM

Why couldn't they do the trucks like US forces?

Split the initial cost and vehicles.

You could get your truck setup faster, and have access your MG and I.G. then you could unlock the additional vehicles with a seperate upgrade.

Heck, they already do that with the Panzer HQ upgrade.

Which units would you split up though? Just ISG from Flak HT and IRHT? Doesn't feel that necessary, what would you do with mechanized, split luchs from puma and stuka?
27 Mar 2020, 00:11 AM

Sov plays punish poor truck placements as well. Even harder than pack howitzers or mortar pits.

Flak truck means nothing if shock troop throws 1 smoke, and 3 penal squads throw satchel.

If you want to speed it up you can use for mother russia as well.

Use attack ground as soon as a smoke is thrown. And always if u notice him doing this. Go spec ops for multi grenades. Trust me. They wipe penals. Or when he smokes u can just attack ground one more time to supress. Then move backwards till max range. Yes. Best way to use AA is max range as support. It eats shocks rly and penals cant get close or even if they try while u have ur volks they might shoot it once with a AT gun. But ur volks should eat them up. Remember the AA needs a little micro to keep it at max range and OmG it is OP
11 May 2020, 20:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Feb 2020, 13:47 PMBlack

Your first point with the Faust, could be dealt with Commanders who have Pfusiliers
The second point I agree 100% the Leig should be in the main HQ, otherwise you are screwed agaings any allied support weapons

@panzerjager hit it on the head! I play OKW all the time with my friend but i love the allies personally.

Scout cars can be countered by early raketwerfer as well as pfusiliers but i rarely do that so i'm always having a hard time if i get a scout car on me. OKW is meant to be the most punishing faction I have read so it ain't no joke.

rushing for panther while building a supporting mix of combined arms units while avoiding squad wipes to get the veterancy advantage is your best bet maybe a AA halftrack for soviets too you just need to get good at predicting the deploy time.

12 May 2020, 06:07 AM

OKW easily overwhelm the USF of noobs like you.

Ahhh the love affair continues!
12 May 2020, 10:55 AM

I don't know.....Skill Howie is too good for us. -_-
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak