Login

russian armor

Missplacement of the Sturmtiger and the Jagdtiger

22 Aug 2019, 20:14 PM

I am unsure if this thread belongs in OKW Strategies or the General Lobby, but here it is. I am confused why these two tanks are in their current doctrines. Sturm belongs to Elite Armor while the Jagd is in Breathrough. The Sturmtiger was created to be the Germans ultimate seige tank made for breakingthrough enemy lines/defenses. Where the Jagdtiger was designed to be the ultimate tank killer almost like elite armor.... see where I am going with this? The Sturmtiger should be placed in the Breathrough Doctrine, while the Jagdtiger should be placed in the Elite Armor Doctrine.
What do you all think?
Thanks,
26 Aug 2019, 07:34 AM

Because balance > real life

ddd
26 Aug 2019, 08:13 AM

Actualy it should be:

Sturmtiger in breakthrough

Command panther in elite armored

Jagdtiger in spec ops

Ostwind in luftwaffe

T34/76 in scavange

26 Aug 2019, 08:18 AM

Jadtiger in specops. Wait what ?
26 Aug 2019, 08:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Aug 2019, 08:13 AMddd
Actualy it should be:

Jagdtiger in spec ops

Ostwind in luftwaffe

T34/76 in scavange

Seems accurate, however I don't think anyone would make a T34/76 with the OKW available tanks. I'd rather see a Sherman in there.
26 Aug 2019, 08:22 AM

nah, I like my crew repairs with my ST. ST is great to scare everyone and soak damage in the process, crew repairs is essential to keep him going.
28 Aug 2019, 07:00 AM

Seems accurate, however I don't think anyone would make a T34/76 with the OKW available tanks. I'd rather see a Sherman in there.

Problem with that is the Wehrmacht captured next to no Shermans due to them being on the defense by the time the Sherman saw widespread service. In fact for Operation Greif the entire Wehrmacht was only able to muster 2 damaged Sherman tanks, only one of which was operational.

I've always like the idea of a beutepanzer T-34-76 for the Germans, but it would also feel more appropriate as a unit for the Ostheer rather than the Oberkommando West.
28 Aug 2019, 07:10 AM

Don care about Doc, but #BringBackOldSturmitger. This new version is joke in comparision with old ones.
28 Aug 2019, 09:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Aug 2019, 07:10 AMArnoLaz
Don care about Doc, but #BringBackOldSturmitger. This new version is joke in comparision with old ones.

I don't agree. New ST benefits from reload on the move and is a great anti-blob suppression&damage platform (talking from 2v2+ perspective). You can frontally kill AT guns with it. It's also pretty difficult to destroy and is not overly expensive. I think it's in a good spot.
28 Aug 2019, 10:05 AM

I don't agree. New ST benefits from reload on the move and is a great anti-blob suppression&damage platform (talking from 2v2+ perspective). You can frontally kill AT guns with it. It's also pretty difficult to destroy and is not overly expensive. I think it's in a good spot.

+1
28 Aug 2019, 10:25 AM

Yeah, and still suffers from the same thing as the raketenwerfer. Hitting the ground or random objects on the way more than the enemy.
28 Aug 2019, 11:09 AM

I love some of the suggestions in this thread :D JT or Command Panther with HEAT rounds... hmm, what could go wrong :thumbsup:

Yeah, and still suffers from the same thing as the raketenwerfer. Hitting the ground or random objects on the way more than the enemy.

Not every unit is perfect for every map. ST sucks on maps with much elevation but its awesome on narrow maps with few elevation
28 Aug 2019, 11:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Aug 2019, 08:13 AMddd
Actualy it should be:

Jagdtiger in spec ops

Ostwind in luftwaffe

T34/76 in scavange

I like your design,but I think……
Command Tiger in Elite Armored
Jagdtiger in Grand Offensive
maybe more better?
And how about make SturmTiger can automatic attack with grenade like Comet and Pershine?
28 Aug 2019, 13:45 PM

I love some of the suggestions in this thread :D JT or Command Panther with HEAT rounds... hmm, what could go wrong :thumbsup:

Not every unit is perfect for every map. ST sucks on maps with much elevation but its awesome on narrow maps with few elevation

I agree but few doctrinal units are as highly situational as it.
28 Aug 2019, 13:48 PM

I agree but few doctrinal units are as highly situational as it.

And they should be, doctrines are supplemental to playstyle, map and what opponent does, they aren't supposed to be magical "upgrade" button to whatever you do regardless of circumstance.
28 Aug 2019, 18:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Aug 2019, 13:48 PMKatitof

And they should be, doctrines are supplemental to playstyle, map and what opponent does, they aren't supposed to be magical "upgrade" button to whatever you do regardless of circumstance.

Yes but given it's highly situational nature it's a risky investment of resources which will probably not pay off in the long run. As far as I'm concerned only people that want to meme use it or they've already won the match so there's really nothing to lose even if it's destroyed.

I'd rather take a StuG III E with an MG42 any day of the weak over the Sturmtiger.
29 Aug 2019, 02:13 AM

This is a just balance issue. Elite Armor already has enough anti-tank power with the "HEAT Round" ability.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★