Login

russian armor

Ostheer mobile defense rework

19 Aug 2019, 21:40 PM

Ostheer mobile defense is currently an underutilized doctrine. It was previously very popular as the "Puma Panic button" Doctrine until that unit was adjusted. A commander should be bigger than 1 unit.

It suffers distinctly from the Capping ability and osttruppen callin being quite weak. With The command tank being nerfed this patch i think that may be the final nail in the coffin unless changes are enacted. Feel free to provide feedback or your own ideas irregardless of whether you read mine :romeoHairDay:

1. Fast Capping -> Mobile Defense Tactics (AKA ostheer combined arms)

2. Ostruppen reserves -> Sdfz. Pgren 250 callin

3.Puma -> Buildable from HQ w/ T2 OR BP2

4. Command tank-> Currently up for adjustment in the SPB. How do we make this unit competitive with the new ostwind +brummbar when it requires tech?

5. Panzer tactition- Necessary with Puma, whole thread discussing it please provide feedback there.
19 Aug 2019, 22:34 PM

I know this is probably going to be a very unpopular opinion but this commander was added as a crossover from the OKW (ergo the Puma being here) together with the Soviet Lend-Lease one for the Elbe Day celebration or whatever.

How about the Command Panther replace the Command Panzer IV? It's not going to be OP anymore because of it being tied to tech and Ostheer has voice lines for it.

That or a King Tiger perhaps? I'm just shelling out ideas here but maybe some other tank from OKW might help it a bit.
19 Aug 2019, 23:03 PM

puma and cp4 synergized very well before, as it allowed to survive 1 more hit, now it's useless vs both 120 and 160 damage shells :snfPeter:

the puma has been tier locked to come at the same time as cromwell :romeoHype:

ostheuppen reserve have been nerfed to be just more expensive sttuppen that come much later :romeoPls:

people are asking to nerf panzer tact too now to finally remove the commander from the game :hansWUT:
19 Aug 2019, 23:10 PM

Command panther would be a very fitting and appropriate choice :thumbsup:

Ostheer KT would be such a meme choice I love it. Throwing units out there and seeing how people use them is the best part of strategy games.

Basically Yes :romeoMug:

20 Aug 2019, 00:02 AM

I don't know if a rework on that scale is within scope of the patch, but I for one would love to see a Wehrmacht King Tiger.

Thematically it would fit, as the Commander, as per its description, brings units and experiences from the west to the east. I'd also point out that King Tigers were used as fire brigades on the Eastern Front, especially in Hungary.

Puma, as I said in the other thread. Build it from the HQ after BP2 has been researched.
20 Aug 2019, 01:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2019, 00:02 AMFarlion
I don't know if a rework on that scale is within scope of the patch, but I for one would love to see a Wehrmacht King Tiger.

Thematically it would fit, as the Commander, as per its description, brings units and experiences from the west to the east. I'd also point out that King Tigers were used as fire brigades on the Eastern Front, especially in Hungary.

Puma, as I said in the other thread. Build it from the HQ after BP2 has been researched.

Agreed.
20 Aug 2019, 08:20 AM

Well, one possibility can be fixing it like they fixed the UKF Valentine tank:

:)
20 Aug 2019, 19:03 PM

I don't think multiple Pumas would be an issue, compared with the teching costs involved. I don't think players would have a reason to go for a second Puma, when they can get a Pz4 after the first one.
20 Aug 2019, 19:44 PM

I'd say:

1. Fast Capping -> Fast Decapping, the ability is called Counterattack after all.

2. Osttruppen Reserves -> Rework to AT Osttruppen squad with double Panzerbuchse at 2 CP/300mp.

3.Puma -> Buildable from T2 at 5 CP, no other requirements. Same as the old Puma design, but can't instantly react to a light vehicle threat with it anymore, which was a big problem back in the day. Valentine and Stug E should also require buildtime IMO. Limit the Puma to 1 if necessary.

4. Command tank-> 110 fuel Command Tank with nerfed aura in T3.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 27
Germany 566

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment