Login

russian armor

Do something with the Ostheer grenade announcement

18 Aug 2019, 12:42 PM

2/3 of the time there is no announcement of it.

How are you supposed to try to dodge something you don't necessarily see and nothing tells you its happening.
18 Aug 2019, 14:15 PM

The same happens with penal satchels a lot of times so I guess its only fair :snfPeter:
18 Aug 2019, 14:19 PM

Agreed, CoH had a superior announcement system that wqs also more in-depth. Just yesterday my Panthers called out an unimaginable amount of artillery strikes and saved themselves since I was building up my base or doing something else.

Relic back then knew you couldn't and wouldn't be glued to your units all of the time and didn't have the ability to be everywhere at once they made a smart callout system for the units. I don't know why they didn't include it in this game.
18 Aug 2019, 15:32 PM

Woho again, new game no call for grenades. No visual warning if you're not exclusively looking at the grenadier squad.
18 Aug 2019, 16:45 PM

The same happens with penal satchels a lot of times so I guess its only fair :snfPeter:

Yes 4 second timer and an entire squad closing to literally hand-shaking distance is totally comparable to 1 dude crouching and shooting a detonate on impact grenade with bugged sound files from almost maximum small arms range.

I made a thread about this issue pretty recently too. Bonus points if the model firing the nade has a G43 and he doesn't even crouch and just shoulder fires the nade with no warning lol.
18 Aug 2019, 17:00 PM

Yes 4 second timer and an entire squad closing to literally hand-shaking distance is totally comparable to 1 dude crouching and shooting a detonate on impact grenade with bugged sound files from almost maximum small arms range.

I made a thread about this issue pretty recently too. Bonus points if the model firing the nade has a G43 and he doesn't even crouch and just shoulder fires the nade with no warning lol.

Gren rifle nade got nerfed so many times already
to a point where it is almost impossible to oneshot wipe a squad.

Many times there actually is a sound queue.. and the rifle makes a unique sound upon launching the nade.. + it takes around 3 seconds for the nade to land. So yes, I think there is also the player to blame if he loses a squad to it because he didnt pay attention at all on the few occasions without a sound notification.

Or do you also complain that there is no audio warning queue before a tank oneshots your squad with a lucky shot?
18 Aug 2019, 20:02 PM

Many times there actually is a sound queue.. and the rifle makes a unique sound upon launching the nade.. + it takes around 3 seconds for the nade to land. So yes, I think there is also the player to blame if he loses a squad to it because he didnt pay attention at all on the few occasions without a sound notification.

Or do you also complain that there is no audio warning queue before a tank oneshots your squad with a lucky shot?

I don't care about the damage, the problem is the sound system not working which is pretty dumb according its the only warning you get with this particular grenade. Grenades not always take 3 seconds to land anyway.

Last time I check yeah I was opening this topic on Bugs section so keep your balance and stuff for yourself please.
18 Aug 2019, 23:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2019, 20:02 PMEsxile

I don't care about the damage, the problem is the sound system not working which is pretty dumb according its the only warning you get with this particular grenade. Grenades not always take 3 seconds to land anyway.

Last time I check yeah I was opening this topic on Bugs section so keep your balance and stuff for yourself please.

Warning messages like that are kinda "luxury" anyway if you ask me. In most RTS there isnt something like that at all
19 Aug 2019, 00:07 AM

It's still really easy to one shot wipe (or leave the squad with so little health that a single mg burst finishes it off) with riflenades if they're in yellow cover.

All that other stuff would be true if the thing wasn't bugged to hell, which is what the thread is about. It's not a "nerf riflenade" thread, unless you consider making the audio and visual cues work as intended to be a nerf. Point is, it's not working as intended and hasn't been for years.
19 Aug 2019, 00:18 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

I THINK the sound bugs and no warning queues have to do with the game code design to not clutter your ears with 50+ game lines at the same time. So when your squad says "on the move" or something, for a set period of time you won't get a grenade warning etc. That's my interpretation at least on why this occurs. Older games did not have this QoL aspect, and instead you would get clusters of information at the same time. This explains why CoH1 wouldn't have this issue while CoH2 does. It is something adopted probably within the last 10-12 years of games.
19 Aug 2019, 05:03 AM

I THINK the sound bugs and no warning queues have to do with the game code design to not clutter your ears with 50+ game lines at the same time. So when your squad says "on the move" or something, for a set period of time you won't get a grenade warning etc. That's my interpretation at least on why this occurs. Older games did not have this QoL aspect, and instead you would get clusters of information at the same time. This explains why CoH1 wouldn't have this issue while CoH2 does. It is something adopted probably within the last 10-12 years of games.

Sometimes the actual sound of the riflenade bugs too. Like the launching noise. It'll sometimes play super early or other times seem to play really late or not at all.
19 Aug 2019, 06:07 AM

Yea, it's probably limited to playing one voice-line at a time, to prevent really annoying audio stacking. That, or there's some very old "audio channel limit" issue; but I haven't run into something like that in probably 10+ years.

It wouldn't be too hard to test, but thinking about it, I you're probably right.
19 Aug 2019, 06:34 AM

I would agree with you if I hadn't witnesses riflenade shot with no announcement while there was no other line of dialogue played a that time.
Second point is I hardly remember missing bundle grenade announcement of flamnade or at least not as frequently or in a situation where there aren't any other announcement played.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★