Login

russian armor

Thoughts on removing USF and UKF Grenade side techs?

18 Aug 2019, 03:21 AM

The way I see it is this the most unnecessary and frankly unfair side tech to saddle both these factions with. Neither grenade is particularly powerful but it would be nice to have them in a pinch and not have to delay your teching because of it while your opponent basically gets theirs for free. In most games even at high level that I've seen Axis pretty consistently get their armor first and is usually better than what the USF or UKF player can field so why saddle them with this side tech?
18 Aug 2019, 03:24 AM

18 Aug 2019, 04:11 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

The UKF grenade is actually incredibly powerful, it makes them effective at long range and very dangerous in close range as well.
18 Aug 2019, 04:36 AM

Dude the mills bomb is basically a low-grade bundle nade. It absolutely devastates infantry if your opponent doesn't react in time. I've one shotted two full health squads 3 times before with a single mills bomb. Took them long enough to implement a minimum range distance on it.

As for USF... their nades are meh but I think the resources it takes to tech them falls in line with how their timings and teching goes.
18 Aug 2019, 04:51 AM

Both nades are very good. Sidetechs for them are fine considering you get the officers with tech too, that's the only reason they're justified.
18 Aug 2019, 05:34 AM

I do like that soviet peasants have to pay to learn how to throw a bottle of flaming alcohol though
18 Aug 2019, 06:11 AM

Rather than 150/15 for the two side techs and 200/35 for the Lt/Cpt, I'd like to see the unlock for the LT tier to be around 100/40 and include grenades but not the LT. The LT could be purchased for 280 once the tier is unlocked. The Cpt tier could be treated the same way so the "free" item would be the weapon rack. This would give USF much more options without changing tech costs.
18 Aug 2019, 06:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2019, 06:11 AMGrumpy
Rather than 150/15 for the two side techs and 200/35 for the Lt/Cpt, I'd like to see the unlock for the LT tier to be around 100/40 and include grenades but not the LT. The LT could be purchased for 280 once the tier is unlocked. The Cpt tier could be treated the same way so the "free" item would be the weapon rack. This would give USF much more options without changing tech costs.

That's actually an interesting idea. I'm not sure about the price, but the concept could be worth looking into.

Finding the right price might be tricky, though. Too high, and it's a reduction in options, since rushing nades or LT-tier wouldn't be an option anymore, and too low, and it messes with teching too much (and gives too much for the price). My guess would be 100mp/45f, since it's only slightly off of what grenades + LT tech - LT would actually cost (70mp/50f).

18 Aug 2019, 07:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2019, 03:21 AMCODGUY
The way I see it is this the most unnecessary and frankly unfair side tech to saddle both these factions with. Neither grenade is particularly powerful but it would be nice to have them in a pinch and not have to delay your teching because of it while your opponent basically gets theirs for free. In most games even at high level that I've seen Axis pretty consistently get their armor first and is usually better than what the USF or UKF player can field so why saddle them with this side tech?

because the overall costs associated with the initial teching up for the factions in question are more or less identical. However, The Brits and USF both have more affordable initial teching up than the Wehrmacht due to their teching being more split up. the OKW has their flame nade locked behind a 15 fuel truck, comparable to the soviet's molotov tech. Your idea just results in the unintended consequences of unbalancing the early game in favor of the allies. It would be better to advocate for just directly reducing the cost of the various allied tank buildings. Though I am not sure even that is necessary.
18 Aug 2019, 09:06 AM

Grenade is more effective than rifles nade in killing units. Wtf is this request
18 Aug 2019, 10:01 AM

Again with ur false claims , ukf will get to tank before osther by picking up both the weapons and nade upgrade, if osther goes for tier 1 and 2
And at the same time if both skip all optional, no nades no tier building fir ost
18 Aug 2019, 21:03 PM

That's actually an interesting idea. I'm not sure about the price, but the concept could be worth looking into.

Finding the right price might be tricky, though. Too high, and it's a reduction in options, since rushing nades or LT-tier wouldn't be an option anymore, and too low, and it messes with teching too much (and gives too much for the price). My guess would be 100mp/45f, since it's only slightly off of what grenades + LT tech - LT would actually cost (70mp/50f).

I'm not really sure about the price either. Those were just suggestions. Both the price and the timing would need to be worked out. Right now there are a few options for the USF build order but outside of a few commanders most people will get 2-3 rifles and all of the officers. Removing the "free" squads would open up a lot of possibilities if done right. Also, the LT tier should probably come with the weapon racks so that it has more hand-held AT options.
19 Aug 2019, 22:28 PM

Axis 4 man teams says no
19 Aug 2019, 22:35 PM

The US frag is the best mainline nade in the game, how you can think it's not that powerful is incredible
19 Aug 2019, 23:41 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

PSA: UKF mills bomb and USF pineapple are clones of each other in terms of damage.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS