Login

russian armor

Panzer Tactician

16 Aug 2019, 17:24 PM

The double edge sword with Panzer tactician is that you cannot control the where the smoke will disperse. The Allied tanks can simply smoke to any direction they like which can be helpful for aggressive pushes.
16 Aug 2019, 19:27 PM

yes panzer tactician has been noted to be OP by every high level player since the commander has been meta. still never nerfed for some reason.

The problem is how quick it is, how easy it is to use and it comes on vehicles that should never have that ability to begin with. Stug Life loves to talk about how allies are ez mode and braindead but will stump for every OP axis ability out there.
16 Aug 2019, 19:39 PM

Did I ever said they are ez mode ? And if it’s op that’s means every top player used it

Unlike u I don’t invent stats or patch changes for propaganda
16 Aug 2019, 19:42 PM

yes panzer tactician has been noted to be OP by every high level player since the commander has been meta. still never nerfed for some reason.

The problem is how quick it is, how easy it is to use and it comes on vehicles that should never have that ability to begin with. Stug Life loves to talk about how allies are ez mode and braindead but will stump for every OP axis ability out there.

Yea but its via commander and muni taxing to spam this ability. Like someone mentioned above, high level players have no problem with ground attacks. If this ability was stock than yes it will be OP!
17 Aug 2019, 00:05 AM

Yea but its via commander and muni taxing to spam this ability. Like someone mentioned above, high level players have no problem with ground attacks. If this ability was stock than yes it will be OP!

You don't need to spam it for it to be strong. Get a panther or even a p4 out once with it and it has paid for itself for the rest of the game. Save 2 tanks and oh boy....
17 Aug 2019, 05:14 AM

Attack ground is still significantly less accurate than actual targeting though, and there's only so much skill can compensate for that, especially if there's terrain or map elements in the way. That being said, I don't have a huge problem with it but it is a rather brainless ability to use; I think others suggested a slight delay for it and I can see that making sense. Most vehicles that have stock smoke are made out of paper and have it for a reason, aside from puma I think they all get 2 hit.
17 Aug 2019, 09:18 AM

Guard button is also doctrinal ability and is even more taxing to spam it as it costs more.
You can't ground attack with PTRS.
These two abilities should cost the same, I don't care if it means cheaper button or more expensive PT.

If its reasonable enough for UC to have its repair cost increased because of fausts, I see no reason why PT shouldn't be increased because of button.
17 Aug 2019, 10:41 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Fausts are avaiable to every main line Axis infantry and almost the only way to deal with an early UC. Button is at mid-late game ability on a single, non spammable doctrin unit to keep tanks in place for your TDs and AT guns to deal damage.
If we really start to balance a stock ability and stock units around single abilities of doctrinal units - oh boy, we're in for trouble.

It's way easier to balance the doctrinal ability accordingly. Making a few second delay on the smoke would go a long way.
17 Aug 2019, 10:50 AM

high level players have no problem with ground attacks. If this ability was stock than yes it will be OP!

id like you to note that ground attack is completely unreliable when terrain is rough.... the projectile itself will function with a collision model and the probability of actually hitting and damaging the target lowers quite significantly by a single click of a button with barely any micro involved...

panzer tactician just needs to have higher micro tax rather than some dumbass ability that a 2 year old child with a hemisected brain can perform...
17 Aug 2019, 11:01 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

The double edge sword with Panzer tactician is that you cannot control the where the smoke will disperse. The Allied tanks can simply smoke to any direction they like which can be helpful for aggressive pushes.

Well, it will disperse right on the vehicle? Maybe a meter or so away from it? There's no need to control it, as it's intention is to be used on the defense when you need to retreat a vehicle in danger.
17 Aug 2019, 12:29 PM

If we really start to balance a stock ability and stock units around single abilities of doctrinal units - oh boy, we're in for trouble.

Panzer tact and button are both doctrinal...?
17 Aug 2019, 13:06 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Panzer tact and button are both doctrinal...?

I wanted to make the point that Panzer tac-Button is not comparable to Faust-UC repair
18 Aug 2019, 17:55 PM

What it should do is disperse smoke but still be targetable for 1.5-2 seconds. That would give us more time to setup attack ground. This ability is strong in top lvl play because it takes some time to to press attack ground. Also, attack ground misses sometimes.
18 Aug 2019, 18:03 PM

What it should do is disperse smoke but still be targetable for 1.5-2 seconds. That would give us more time to setup attack ground. This ability is strong in top lvl play because it takes some time to to press attack ground. Also, attack ground misses sometimes.

Wait a tick..... If it's going to be insta pop defensive smoke what about making it act like the old commando smoke but for armour? It doesn't block LOS but decreases target size substantially? It wouldnt break things like the much more expensive button anymore but would still add more survivability and more or less function as it does in high level play now (the attacker attacks ground, maybe it hits maybe it doesn't) without the added micro or crutch power in low games.

Nobody uses it for covering an attack ANYWAYS (partly because it's not designed to be able to) so I don't see many drawbacks aside from it being a huge change
18 Aug 2019, 18:17 PM

Wait a tick..... If it's going to be insta pop defensive smoke what about making it act like the old commando smoke but for armour? It doesn't block LOS but decreases target size substantially? It wouldnt break things like the much more expensive button anymore but would still add more survivability and more or less function as it does in high level play now (the attacker attacks ground, maybe it hits maybe it doesn't) without the added micro or crutch power in low games.

Nobody uses it for covering an attack ANYWAYS (partly because it's not designed to be able to) so I don't see many drawbacks aside from it being a huge change

The issue I have with it is it has no warning when someone presses it. If it had some type of indicator before blocking Los it would be easier to counter and still be useful for the user. All I want is some type of indicator and delay on panzer tatician. An indicator and delay would let me know when to get attack ground ready.
18 Aug 2019, 18:21 PM

It cost 50 muni doctrine...i am sure it is fair.
Besides allies got enough AT buff from range to snare already.
I watch tons of top level game, the ability is hardly abused, comon now, every unique ability needs to nerf?
19 Aug 2019, 10:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2019, 18:21 PMmrgame2
It cost 50 muni doctrine...i am sure it is fair.
Besides allies got enough AT buff from range to snare already.
I watch tons of top level game, the ability is hardly abused, comon now, every unique ability needs to nerf?

Ok... would you be fine if the jackson had instantaneous smoke? Or is your bias soo great that you cant sense how this ability is broken....

You havent shown ur playercard btw
19 Aug 2019, 10:48 AM

Would it be fair for tank to have crews ? :snfPeter:

19 Aug 2019, 10:53 AM

Would it be fair for tank to have crews ? :snfPeter:

I dont think the jackson is appropriately priced aswell... i think it should be 155 fuel for its performance... i just used it to highlight mrgame2s bias...

Noob wants to buff the panther of all things...
19 Aug 2019, 10:55 AM

Ok but u agree that having to upgrade each vehicle with 50 muni upgrade only to have the possibility to use smoke (that u have to still pay) is too expensive right ?
Think about the 222 or 251
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS