PAGES (11)down
14 Aug 2019, 19:48 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Only for Wehrmacht

Ostheer
14 Aug 2019, 19:57 PM

very happy for the counter barrage buff finally having a role

hope the spotting scope changes doesn't count rotation as movement or it's dead

cp4 without any AI buff will be pretty useless as it was barely used with 0.8 reduction, 0.9 will be the nail in the coffin
14 Aug 2019, 20:44 PM

Rip German Mechanized doctrine.

Standard in my loadout at this time. Now propably going to be deleted.

Command Panzer IV gets yet another nerf... and spotting scopes lose their offensive purpose on StuGs and Panthers. Meh.
14 Aug 2019, 21:24 PM

1st of all, fix the stortrooper smoke/detection hotkey conflict on schreck upgrade, this is becoming a meme for me (since commander rewamp).

Also, mechanized assault 250 HT is missing handbrake and hold fire.

Now to the new stuff:

Regarding the G43s, how about granting 4 of them instead of just 3? (and reducing the buffs a bit as well) This would be most interesting on stormtroopers, cuz they are in the weird situation where they either have a kar98 rilfe or mp40 smg as 4th weapon.

As for mg bunker changes, how about making them having focused sight instead? This wouldn't change their combat effectiveness, but would be easier to flank them without warning.

Spotting scopes, hmm. From 0 to 1.5 feels a tiny bit much, would a gradual scope recovery be possible? (like 1/3 scope range at 0.5 sec, 2/3 at 1 sec and full scope range back at 1.5 secs)

I don't see the command panzer being used that often, I believe this change will only make them even rarer. Could at least they get the Coordinated Barrage ability from OKW panzer commander upgrade?
14 Aug 2019, 22:03 PM

Still no love for grens :( (meme)
14 Aug 2019, 22:19 PM

Make grens medkits free when T3 deployed. You still need use hand for it, but at least it get some usage. Now it's just flare mine for cons - only icon on UI.
14 Aug 2019, 22:28 PM

Counterbarrage ability - IMO the stupidiest thing in-game. Autoability without player acting. Any auto-abilities (especially for arty pieces) don't should be in-game, players must use skills. Not press on one button.
Make that for counterbarrage ability, player got circle and need manually choose area that will be overwatched by mortar. With increased range boost it will be good. But now, it's just annoying auto-ability.
14 Aug 2019, 22:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Aug 2019, 22:28 PMMaret
Counterbarrage ability - IMO the stupidiest thing in-game. Autoability without player acting. Any auto-abilities (especially for arty pieces) don't should be in-game, players must use skills. Not press on one button.
Make that for counterbarrage ability, player got circle and need manually choose area that will be overwatched by mortar. With increased range boost it will be good. But now, it's just annoying auto-ability.
counter barrage removes auto fire...........
14 Aug 2019, 23:02 PM

cp4 without any AI buff will be pretty useless as it was barely used with 0.8 reduction, 0.9 will be the nail in the coffin

It's used all the time in team games, and was used a bunch in the 2v2 tournament. The bold is just flat out wrong. And it still effects infantry idk where you read that

That being said, they should've removed it's effect on allies units and call it a day. It was only too strong in team games
14 Aug 2019, 23:11 PM

Most changes are great.

Pioneers
At least minesweeper now provides extra repair speed which is great.

GrW 34 Mortar
Good.

Sd.Kfz. 251 Halftrack

Interesting

Panzergrenadier and Stormtrooper G43s

I think what would be interesting is if it were accessible by default only to Pzgrens the G43.

Since they are an elite unit. They should access to it, first-hand. Should be default option for them.

The doctrine should only then allow provision to grenadiers also.

I think this change should be considered.

Bunker MG 42 upgrade

The sight range seems to have been drastically decreased. Might be too big a change. Maybe put it to 45 instead.

Spotting Scopes

Interesting and yet a just change.

Target Weak Point Ability

Defined properly, good.
14 Aug 2019, 23:29 PM

It's used all the time in team games, and was used a bunch in the 2v2 tournament. The bold is just flat out wrong. And it still effects infantry idk where you read that

That being said, they should've removed it's effect on allies units and call it a day. It was only too strong in team games
1 it was picked for the elephant u can totally see it, by AI buff i mean anti infatry buff to the main gun, it's worse than normal p4
14 Aug 2019, 23:39 PM

1 it was picked for the elephant u can totally see it,

Then why was cp4 built in so many games? And why not go the other elefant Commander, which gives spotting scopes and stuka bomb?

It's a strong team game unit period. I would totally support a main gun buff. Or give it better mg performance. That helped the t34 tremendously
14 Aug 2019, 23:40 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Nice to see that Balance Team included my Target Weak Point suggestion, so now I contributed a tiny bit to the game #feelsgoodman

Apart from that, many good changes. Not so sure about some of the others like the 251 though, but time will tell and I appreciate the effort to make the unit more interesting
15 Aug 2019, 03:24 AM

Rework Relief Infantry Plz……
And already nerf CommandTank4 aura,how about increase fuel coat to about 140~150,and make CommandP4 be CommandP4J?
15 Aug 2019, 06:41 AM

Random idea: how about replacing G43 upgrade for Panzergrenadiers with 1-2 Infrared STG44s? This would be a clear upgrade over their default STGs. Ofc they would be slightly worse than the obersoldaten variant.

(I know the Vampir was a late war equipment, but on the other hand it was primarily used on the eastern front)
15 Aug 2019, 08:29 AM

Random idea: how about replacing G43 upgrade for Panzergrenadiers with 1-2 Infrared STG44s? This would be a clear upgrade over their default STGs. Ofc they would be slightly worse than the obersoldaten variant.

(I know the Vampir was a late war equipment, but on the other hand it was primarily used on the eastern front)

Actually they are my favorite unit with G43s nowadays. They do well at all ranges and because of their RA they almost don't get any damage at long range.
15 Aug 2019, 08:32 AM

I welcome most of the changes but im disappointed that Wehrmacht doesnt get commander specific changes like OKW, Soviets and USF.

Lets be honest:
Mobile defense was already awful after the changes to the Puma but now its
"nuked out of existence" with the changes to the Commando P4. It was not used before why should players choose it now?
Please be consequent now and change the commander accordingly - it really needs massive changes!

15 Aug 2019, 08:48 AM

This makes sense to me and I really like it.
15 Aug 2019, 09:02 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Idea for relief infantry rework:

Instead of forcing you to get your units killed, make it so they can recuperate from any losses that occur.
Releases 2 4-man relief squads that can merge but cannot reinforce or capture points. Also have VERY crap DPS.

have the relief infantry squads retreat off the map at the abilitie’s end

This would add more skill to the ability, instead of throwing your units foreward to die you have to position the relief squads correctly& time your Assault well

While the rework for merge-units sounds interesting, I don't think that your idea will translate well into the game.
Apart from that: This thread is patchnote discussion, if you want to suggest and discuss a different change, please open a new thread or reuse a recent one. Otherwise it's getting confusing in here :)
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS