Login

russian armor

USA September patch discussion

• This thread is locked
PAGES (25)down
8 Sep 2019, 22:44 PM

Kinda. Brits have the uc, Soviets have snipers and scout cars, allied mgs have been nerfed so okw can frontally assault them as long as they have two squads, and Ost has good vision through pioneers.

The M20 has pretty good vision that only gets better with vet. I don't remember for sure, but I think the WC51 also has decent sight. You can also go Captain for On Me! eventually, which can rescue squads from suppression.
8 Sep 2019, 22:57 PM

The M20 has pretty good vision that only gets better with vet. I don't remember for sure, but I think the WC51 also has decent sight. You can also go Captain for On Me! eventually, which can rescue squads from suppression.

Yea, they are good but you give up fuel in the meantime before you get them out. I think rushing the fuel and placing tank traps and sandbags on or near the point is the way to go. Then stalling for pak howies or mortar hts (if the enemy goes turtle build) is the best and most consistent way to play usf. I kinda have strats I closely follow to avoid being hardcountered.

Examples:
Enemy goes mg or mortars? Go pak Howie
Same build but has okw teammate? Go mortar ht because it is difficult to kill with walking stuka.
No mgs but gren spam? Rifles and 50
Sniper and gren build? Rifles and rush m20.

The sniper builds are the most difficult to counter as usf but I'm not mad because I know it takes skill using them. Also I use them myself.
8 Sep 2019, 23:09 PM

I forgot about ass gren builds. They kinda make usf irrelevant without the wc51.
8 Sep 2019, 23:12 PM

I forgot about ass gren builds. They kinda make usf irrelevant without the wc51.
ha yes, does ass eng/rifle man/cons make okw irrelevant ?
8 Sep 2019, 23:17 PM

I survived the assgren popularity spike with Armor Company Ass Engies mixed with my Riflemen. AssGrens are scary for a while, but if you can just hold the line until you get a light vehicle out they become much less of a problem.

Should always have Mechanized Company and Armor Company in your commander list in 1v1 imo.

I can kind of see the ass engie comparison, even without the sprint and grenade assault, but riflemen and especially conscripts? Versus OKW?
8 Sep 2019, 23:18 PM

No. Okw have sturms and volks. The combo gives them good far and close range damage. You could also get the kubel and kite with it.
8 Sep 2019, 23:20 PM

No. Okw have sturms and volks. The combo gives them good far and close range damage. You could also get the kubel and kite with it.
i guess rifle don't exist, just so u know rifle have same dps as volks at long rnage
8 Sep 2019, 23:22 PM

I survived the assgren popularity spike with Armor Company Ass Engies mixed with my Riflemen. AssGrens are scary for a while, but if you can just hold the line until you get a light vehicle out they become much less of a problem.

Should always have Mechanized Company and Armor Company in your commander list in 1v1 imo.

I can kind of see the ass engie comparison, even without the sprint and grenade assault, but riflemen and especially conscripts? Versus OKW?

Yea, assault engineers are alright, but ass grens builds sometimes mix mgs to keep problem units pinned. Sprinting to cover your mgs is what makes the build a pain to deal with.
8 Sep 2019, 23:26 PM

i guess rifle don't exist, just so u know rifle have same dps as volks at long rnage

Never go head on vs okw with just rifles. Next patch will probably change that. Not really an ass engineer user. But as okw you win the manpower battle vs usf.
8 Sep 2019, 23:27 PM

Never go head on vs okw with just rifles. Next patch will probably change that. Not really an ass engineer user.
what i mean is ass green build vs usf will just be as good as cons/rifle/ass eng rushes vs okw
8 Sep 2019, 23:30 PM

I don't think so since sturms close range dps is quite good. Ass engineers win at very close range, sturms win at medium-close range. Ass grens sprint to your units in cover and beat you. Plus you can get an mg to pin units.
8 Sep 2019, 23:33 PM

The only faction that can go toe-to-toe with okw is brits. That is about to change though.
8 Sep 2019, 23:35 PM

I don't think so since sturms close range dps is quite good. Ass engineers win at very close range, sturms win at medium-close range. Ass grens sprint to your units in cover and beat you.
u get 1 sturm squad, if u want another is 300 more mp

ass eng should beat sturm at close thank thanks to the extra man , at very close range like 0 sturm might have chance tho

cons can sprint too
8 Sep 2019, 23:41 PM

cons can sprint too

King of memes :snfPeter:
8 Sep 2019, 23:41 PM

For ass engineers to work you have to use shot blockers to close the distance. Ass grens sprint in the open towards any squad they want to engage. Ass grens are winning tournament matches.

Cons rushing,lolz
8 Sep 2019, 23:42 PM

For ass engineers to work you have to use shot blockers to close the distance. Ass grens sprint in the open towards any squad they want to engage. Ass grens are winning tournament matches.
and they are losing them too, what's ur point, so cons and rifle winning tournament matches

8 Sep 2019, 23:44 PM

and they are losing them too, what's ur point, so cons and rifle winning tournament matches

Because everyone is using them. Play a few matches with them and figure it out.
8 Sep 2019, 23:48 PM

Because everyone is using them. Play a few matches with them and figure it out.
i play ukf and Soviet 1vs1 for now and I’m not finding many ass gren user (or osther player)

In 2vs2 + almost never
8 Sep 2019, 23:56 PM

i play ukf and Soviet 1vs1 for now and I’m not finding many ass gren user (or osther player)

In 2vs2 + almost never

I said to use them or just watch vonivan use them everymatch. Competitive meta is a little different. Do not use vs scout cars!
9 Sep 2019, 00:36 AM

I said to use them or just watch vonivan use them everymatch. Competitive meta is a little different. Do not use vs scout cars!
even without scout cars we saw Soviet beat that strat in the finals
PAGES (25)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 33
unknown 8

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %