russian armor

September Balance Patch preview [SPBP] - general discussion

• This thread is locked
PAGES (30)down
2 Sep 2019, 16:48 PM

the rackten ?

This is beyond perfect...
2 Sep 2019, 16:50 PM

if it actually hit something u would be right, but it has the weirdts projectile in the game

Well, even if Raketen is bad, then this is at least fair. After all, the USF also has nothing against mg42 spam, except for the worst mortar in the game.
So fusiliers are good, and raketen are good too.
My raketen misses as often as other ATguns.

2 Sep 2019, 16:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2019, 16:50 PMRiley

Well, even if Raketen is bad, then this is at least fair. After all, the USF also has nothing against mg42 spam, except for the worst mortar in the game.

USF has the most smokes out of the gate. And MG42 spam is the most stupid thing that a OST player can do. L2P.

Fusiliers are a 5 man squad that perform like Grens but with lesser survival for 270MP and a whopping 80 muni upragde is needed to make them viable. If you are whiny about Pschreck PFusi blobs again L2P.

It is about the projectile going nowhere. I doubt that you even play OKW or consider them as "Nazi scums that need to be FREEDOM'D"
2 Sep 2019, 17:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2019, 16:57 PMJilet

USF has the most smokes out of the gate. And MG42 spam is the most stupid thing that a OST player can do. L2P.

Fusiliers are a 5 man squad that perform like Grens but with lesser survival for 270MP and a whopping 80 muni upragde is needed to make them viable. If you are whiny about Pschreck PFusi blobs again L2P.

It is about the projectile going nowhere. I doubt that you even play OKW or consider them as "Nazi scums that need to be FREEDOM'D"

Stop. What can use the USF against mg42 in the early game, except for the terrible mortar, which sometimes does not shoot smoke. What does the USF have?
2 Sep 2019, 17:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2019, 17:04 PMRiley

Stop. What can use the USF against mg42 in the early game, except for the terrible mortar, which sometimes does not shoot smoke. What does the USF have?

LT, Mortar, RE, Mass Rifles, Dirt Cheap M20. Oh and a piece of micro management.
2 Sep 2019, 17:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2019, 17:05 PMJilet

LT, Mortar, RE, Mass Rifles, Dirt Cheap M20. Oh and a piece of micro management.

Stop. But this time, OKW also have faust for Volks. Your friend, Stug Life, spoke about this period of time, when the okw has only raketen against scout car.

"im sorry if the opponent has to go with a doc to counter a very cheesy and easy tactic"

Yes, a clear idea, until I wait for m20, all this time Ostheer will receive fuel, which he blocked with 1-2 mg42. Easy game. Dont need skill.

RE? What can they do? Do you offer to buy grenades in weapons racks, slowing down the LT, just to kill mg42 (260 MP)? :thumbsup::thumbsup:
2 Sep 2019, 17:16 PM

i guess a copy paste of the ost one -5 range and slightly worse near aoe but faster set up and down is bad right ?
2 Sep 2019, 17:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2019, 17:14 PMRiley

Stop. But this time, OKW also have faust for Volks. Your friend, Stug Life, spoke about this period of time, when the okw has only raketen against scout car.

"im sorry if the opponent has to go with a doc to counter a very cheesy and easy tactic"

Yes, a clear idea, until I wait for m20, all this time Ostheer will receive fuel, which he blocked with 1-2 mg42. Easy game. Dont need skill.

RE? What can they do? Do you offer to buy grenades in weapons racks, slowing down the LT, just to kill mg42 (260 MP)? :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Well your so bad T0 (yes god damn T0) mortar does the job too but seem like you don't want to acknowledge the fact...
2 Sep 2019, 17:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2019, 17:31 PMJilet

Well your so bad T0 (yes god damn T0) mortar does the job too but seem like you don't want to acknowledge the fact...

Yes, I do not agree with you. But the Raketen does its job much better, than a usf mortar against mg42.
If the USF mortar does its job, then the Ostheer mortar does it superbly. Especially when it shoots at a poor American mortar, which has terrible accuracy.

But, I do not want to discuss this more in this page dedicated to the September patch.
2 Sep 2019, 18:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2019, 17:58 PMRiley

Yes, I do not agree with you. But the Raketen does its job much better, than a usf mortar against mg42.
If the USF mortar does its job, then the Ostheer mortar does it superbly. Especially when it shoots at a poor American mortar, which has terrible accuracy.

But, I do not want to discuss this more in this page dedicated to the September patch.
well no, how do u expect an at gun to beat a MG ?:snfPeter:

it's a copy pasted of the ost mortar with 5 less range and 0.75 near aoe but faster set up and down + tier 0+ it was added (no need to tell u if we add rifle to tier 0 ost they would be op)
2 Sep 2019, 18:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2019, 17:58 PMRiley

W
The higher the ranks go the more you see people ditching usf for Soviets and brits. This mostly has to do with usfs poor capability of dealing with elephants and brumbars. The usf mortar is in sh-t tier and should be avoided, but some players will build one to deal with small garrisons in 1v1. The only thing usf has going for it is priests in 3's or 4's, never 2's. The new patch only nerfed usf outside of 1's. Usf may be fun to play but that is all they have going for it in team games.

The smart thimg to do is play the 4 stronger factions.
2 Sep 2019, 18:20 PM

pretty different situation, by ur logic penal invalidates volks, rifle invalidates volks etc

No.

The scout car engi combo is no less easy and cheesy flame track or flame carrier usf jeep or plain no brain volks spam. But their windows end rather quickly unlike volks. Its just how you play shock units.
2 Sep 2019, 18:36 PM

W
The higher the ranks go the more you see people ditching usf for Soviets and brits. This mostly has to do with usfs poor capability of dealing with elephants and brumbars. The usf mortar is in sh-t tier and should be avoided, but some players will build one to deal with small garrisons in 1v1. The only thing usf has going for it is priests in 3's or 4's, never 2's. The new patch only nerfed usf outside of 1's. Usf may be fun to play but that is all they have going for it in team games.

Scotch, Noggano, VonAsten, Isuldur, they all chose the British and the Soviet in Final Game. The only one, VonIvan took the risk.

Also Anniversary classic tournament the USF showed the worst result - 0 wins. I repeated this many times, but people still argue with me and ignore the results of tournaments.
2 Sep 2019, 18:39 PM

Maybe the problem in that match was VonIvan being VonIvan, not USF itself. Just saying.
2 Sep 2019, 18:50 PM

Maybe the problem in that match was VonIvan being VonIvan, not USF itself. Just saying.

Maybe it is not. Nicko playing usf almost lost to vonivan playing ostheer.
2 Sep 2019, 18:54 PM

What do you mean? He is from the top players.

2 Sep 2019, 19:08 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

well no, how do u expect an at gun to beat a MG ?:snfPeter:

it's a copy pasted of the ost mortar with 5 less range and 0.75 near aoe but faster set up and down + tier 0+ it was added (no need to tell u if we add rifle to tier 0 ost they would be op)

It's not that simple. If you compare 0.75 vs 1 and 1.5 vs 2 you would say the difference is small. When you translate it into area, you would check how big the difference is.

1.77 vs 3.14
7.07 vs 12.57

PD: both arguments (MG spam and clowncar) are stupid.
MG spam is not a thing and the mortar is there only for garrison clear on certain maps.
Rak is not mandatory, just a hard counter. Unless you go for more than 4 units and go mechanized, the flamer has like 1 min and a half top to do something before snares are a thing.
2 Sep 2019, 19:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2019, 18:54 PMRiley

What do you mean? He is from the top players.

In the 1v1 tournament finals which nicko won 3-0. Nicko won once as usf, once as Soviets, and once as ostheer.

Von almost beat nicko in game 3 but made a ton of mistakes.
2 Sep 2019, 19:14 PM

In the 1v1 tournament finals which nicko won 3-0. Nicko won once as usf, once as Soviets, and once as ostheer.

Von almost beat nicko in game 3 but made a ton of mistakes.

Usf 1vs1 fine. Problems in 2x2 mode.
2 Sep 2019, 19:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Aug 2019, 02:37 AMgbem
Ok ill summarize my feedback

Ost now gets 3 healing options... (with one of them being an aoe heal with 0.4 regen) and massive buffs to their overall teching cost and manpower drain and gets sweet gren buffs...

Now i dont contest this but...
Meanwhile:
Day 528176

Soviets still recieve no alternative healing options

Conscripts still as shitty as ever earlygame / till they get vet

T2 is still soo crappy nobody uses it in tourneys except for backteching to AT guns...

Building the maxim is still shooting yourself in the foot

In fact sov t2 without the svt/ppsh is arguably worse than ostheer... for the equivalent manpower cost of 4 grens a pio and an mg42 the soviets can field 4 cons a maxim and a CE.... with the ostheer version being cheaper by 50 mp (160mp vs 80mp for t2 vs t1)... and they field the LMG42 earlier than 7 man cons

No the only things propping up soviet tourney performances are....
1. Penals
2. Guards
3. Ppsh/svt

Take those out and the real performance of sov T2 comes out...

Apparently the balance team is balancing on tournament winrate alone without taking a step back and looking as to why the faction is performing as it is...

remove the crutches and i assure you sov winrates will return to the way they were before the penal buffs (sub 45%)

Thats my feedback for this patch

You have to keep in mind the Soviets are designed with commanders in mind. I do agree that penals are too good, and I wish they’d get a name change (why are Penal troops so good? But if you build cons you have to go a PPSH commander, and most Soviet commanders feature a T34 alternative

PAGES (30)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS