September Balance Patch preview [SPBP] - general discussion

• This thread is locked
PAGES (30)down
26 Aug 2019, 19:46 PM

they already did tho

?
26 Aug 2019, 19:48 PM

?

From patch notes, (Stug Life was saying they addressed bunkers)
Bunker MG 42 upgrade
The MG 42 upgrade’s sight range will be reduced to match its firing range, so the upgraded bunker can no longer self-spot enemies from very long range, as the upgraded bunker had extraordinarily long sight range that was not in line with its cost and function.
- Bunker MG sight bonus from 25 to 5. (total sight reduced from 55 to 40)
26 Aug 2019, 19:49 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Aye they did! please ignore my blind rage from ingame 1v1.
26 Aug 2019, 19:49 PM

Right but popcost is the bigger issue here and still nothing. FPs should get one too
26 Aug 2019, 20:57 PM

Put valentine under tech
26 Aug 2019, 21:10 PM

Bunker spam is easily countered with 3-4 shots from ATG. Jesus are they that good rather than a manpower shrinking hole ?
26 Aug 2019, 21:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Aug 2019, 21:10 PMJilet
Bunker spam is easily countered with 3-4 shots from ATG. Jesus are they that good rather than a manpower shrinking hole ?

I agree, I don't really think bunkers are too strong, sometimes they work out well, most often they die without too much trouble. Thats .6 of a fuel cache someone isn't building or half the cost of a new squad.
26 Aug 2019, 22:31 PM

I agree, I don't really think bunkers are too strong, sometimes they work out well, most often they die without too much trouble. Thats .6 of a fuel cache someone isn't building or half the cost of a new squad.

Bunker spam becomes op when you add indirect fire to the equation. Everyone spams bunkers in high 3v3-4v4 play.
26 Aug 2019, 22:49 PM

Bunker spam becomes op when you add indirect fire to the equation. Everyone spams bunkers in high 3v3-4v4 play.

An oxymoron if I ever saw one.
26 Aug 2019, 23:46 PM

I've been as high as rank ~30 in 4v4 (usually around 150), and I've never seen bunker spam. In general, building bunkers is a pretty bad idea in "high" 3v3/4v4, simply because it's an immobile MP/Muni sink that's really easily countered. Mortars, ATGs, smoke, flamers, tanks... all of these counter them really efficiently. The only "acceptable" use for bunkers (IMO) is front-line healing/reinforcing for OST, if there's no OKW player on the team (or nearby); and even then, it's very situational. I'd probably guess 9/10 of my bunkers (as OST) are in my base.
26 Aug 2019, 23:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Aug 2019, 22:49 PMFarlion

An oxymoron if I ever saw one.

My friends and I are in and out of top ten as axis. We spam bunkers and mines to cover our flanks or resource points. It is pretty common to see ten bunkers in our games at one time. Mortars, snipers, walking stukas, pwerfers, lefh and brumbars protect our bunkers from at guns. If one gets destroyed they are cheap to rebuild. Bunker spam is common knowledge for top players. If you are floating resources you would be retarded not to build one.
27 Aug 2019, 00:03 AM

My friends and I are in and out of top ten as axis.

It might be more about this than anything else. Good coordination in team-games means you can (almost always) beat similar or even higher ranked random teams. I've had games against pre-made teams where I've known their exact build (because it's the same every time), have told my teammates what it is and how to counter it, and still lost easily.
27 Aug 2019, 00:20 AM

Good coordination is everything in teamgames. Your team has to select the right doctrine combos, has to build to cover each others weaknesses, and has to communicate with each other. You have probably been in a game, with randoms, where no one chose a doctrine with airstrikes, call in arty, or recon planes in them, and got obliterated by m20 leifh
27 Aug 2019, 08:59 AM

Personally had the idea of a single AT Osttruppen squad at 2 CP, which would help the doctrine after Puma nerf. They'd have AT rifles.

It'a still quite an above average doctrine though. You could swap that ability with the current relief infantry )if they don't plan to fix it anyway) or of course with the Riegel mine B-)
27 Aug 2019, 10:54 AM

Tbh, I think Sander's right. With the Command P4 tied to tech, the old Mobidef strat doesn't work.

I reckon they could get away with removing the BP2 requirement from the Puma now (it needs to stay in T2 or it's just an Ostwind Rush buff), if they also swap out Panzer Tactician for something else. The intel halftrack from the new Ost doctrine would fit the theme and the build.

Mobidef with no Command Tank or ninja smoke isn't quite the same threat.
27 Aug 2019, 15:50 PM

Sturmpioneers, Rear Echlon Troops, Combat engineers are all having combat performance adjusted through vet or damage profile changes.

Wher Pioneers seem the odd man out and they are also the worst off. They are getting bonuses from sweepers, but it is incredibly hard to do anything in combat after early game.

They are cqb only more effective than say soviet engineers at range < 14. However they cost 25 manpower to reinforce so when you try to use them in combat and vet up you usually pay a heavy manpower cost to do so. You rarely see any pios get vet 2 outside of an initial squad who purchases a flamethrower.
27 Aug 2019, 18:17 PM

Has anyone tested how the buffed riflemen trade in cq Engagements with assgrens?
27 Aug 2019, 19:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Aug 2019, 18:17 PMSmartie
Has anyone tested how the buffed riflemen trade in cq Engagements with assgrens?

It should literally do nothing to that engagement.
The change would be most noticeable against grens and volks, especially pre upgrades.
28 Aug 2019, 03:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Aug 2019, 21:10 PMJilet

In team games they are that good. You have resource inflation basically nullifying the cost in a lot of games

You could make bunkers cheaper if they had a pop cost. The current system makes it only a tactical choice in smaller modes. In larger modes it's too much of a "why not" imo
28 Aug 2019, 11:18 AM

In team games they are that good. You have resource inflation basically nullifying the cost in a lot of games

You could make bunkers cheaper if they had a pop cost. The current system makes it only a tactical choice in smaller modes. In larger modes it's too much of a "why not" imo

Agreed they can be quite frustrating in team games but there way way many issues in team games. Like not being able to move infantry due to napalm spam, B-4 203mms , LeFH spam, Stuka zu Fuß rush etc.

If you give bunkers pop-cap its fine to me since i do not use it anyways but medics must be provided by the base then.
PAGES (30)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight