Login

russian armor

September Balance Patch preview [SPBP] - general discussion

• This thread is locked
PAGES (30)down
22 Aug 2019, 23:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Aug 2019, 22:54 PMgbem
Theres something i just realized... by tying 7 man tech to T3... the T34 rush strategy (skipping the T70) has been delayed by 25 fuel...

Recommend allowing T4 to automatically unlock 7 man cons while T3 retains the option with tech
+ to this, allow it to be free after tier 4
22 Aug 2019, 23:28 PM

The post of the DoomLord52. Read it.

Comparing Pack Howi (which was notorious) to PGrens... Nice gotta say.

I am NOT saying that OST can not fight fight back the indirect fire. I am saying that indirect fire hurts OST much more than other factions since its so called "combined arms" tactics heavily rely on static compositions like PAK/MG/Mortar/LMG Grens. Can you say a faction that doesn't rely on combined arms and just a-moves a single unit ?

And yes it takes a horrendous amount of time to aim with LMG-42.
Gonna cut this pointless conversation.
22 Aug 2019, 23:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Aug 2019, 22:54 PMgbem
Theres something i just realized... by tying 7 man tech to T3... the T34 rush strategy (skipping the T70) has been delayed by 25 fuel...

Recommend allowing T4 to automatically unlock 7 man cons while T3 retains the option with tech

Agreed. Otherwise P4's will roflstomp the infantry and get their veterancy when the T34 hits the field.
22 Aug 2019, 23:48 PM

Pershing really needs a slight HP buff just as Tiger I needs a frontal armor buff. Pershing feels like a LV and Tiger feels like getting always penetrated from front. Both are thrash compared to Churchill or KT.
23 Aug 2019, 00:03 AM

Why did u upgrade to vet 3 ?

It is relevant since they nerfed the pershing firerate buff at vet 3.
23 Aug 2019, 00:14 AM

It is relevant since they nerfed the pershing firerate buff at vet 3.
yes but generally u don’t get the tank at vet 3, that’s how I based my test, btw he completely removed the vet 2 nade ability from the picture in the inf test

23 Aug 2019, 00:18 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

Feedback about the notes and potential outcomes/solutions only please. None of this back and fourth about gren damage reduction THAT SOMEHOW GOT BACK TO THE MAXIM.

Please utilize the OST thread to complain about the damage reduction and provide alternatives.

These are your chances to improve the game. If you clutter these threads the game will not nearly improve as much as it could. Don't be the one to hamper a game thousands of people play >:(
23 Aug 2019, 01:07 AM

Why does Andy hate usf
23 Aug 2019, 02:37 AM

Ok ill summarize my feedback

Ost now gets 3 healing options... (with one of them being an aoe heal with 0.4 regen) and massive buffs to their overall teching cost and manpower drain and gets sweet gren buffs...

Now i dont contest this but...
Meanwhile:
Day 528176

Soviets still recieve no alternative healing options

Conscripts still as shitty as ever earlygame / till they get vet

T2 is still soo crappy nobody uses it in tourneys except for backteching to AT guns...

Building the maxim is still shooting yourself in the foot

In fact sov t2 without the svt/ppsh is arguably worse than ostheer... for the equivalent manpower cost of 4 grens a pio and an mg42 the soviets can field 4 cons a maxim and a CE.... with the ostheer version being cheaper by 50 mp (160mp vs 80mp for t2 vs t1)... and they field the LMG42 earlier than 7 man cons

No the only things propping up soviet tourney performances are....
1. Penals
2. Guards
3. Ppsh/svt

Take those out and the real performance of sov T2 comes out...

Apparently the balance team is balancing on tournament winrate alone without taking a step back and looking as to why the faction is performing as it is...

remove the crutches and i assure you sov winrates will return to the way they were before the penal buffs (sub 45%)

Thats my feedback for this patch
23 Aug 2019, 06:10 AM

Raketen probably needs a price bump if retreat stays.

Are you crazy? Raketen is the worst AT gun in the game and you are talking about taking away the only real AT gun from OKW?
23 Aug 2019, 06:27 AM

Am I wrong, or isn't the -20% DR actually a slight nerf for grens vs. infantry?

Current Vet 3 Grens: 4 models x 80hp x 0.7RA = 457.14hp
New Vet 3 Grens: 4 models x 80hp x 0.91RA / .80DR = 439.56hp

Unless I'm missing something, I'm not really sure what everyone's complaining about. It helps grens vs. indrect fire and random wipes, but it actually hurts them (by 3.9%...) against other infantry squads.

This is actually a really well implemented idea; it only does what it's supposed to do, with essentially zero knock-on buffs/nerfs.

Also, for reference, the exact number for no HP change would be -23.07% DR.

Nice catch.
I think ra is open to rng while dr is fixed?
This is much needed change for late games, not a straight buff since its vet3...
23 Aug 2019, 06:38 AM

Sdf.kfz 251
- Veterancy 1 Infantry Awareness replaced by Schu Mine. Allows the Half-track to plant a Schu Mine for 30 munitions. 10 second plant time.

I really feel like this is a missed opportunity to finally give the Riegel mine a viable entry into the game. I know this would take a bit more work, but if you swapped the Schu with the Riegel at vet 1, then it would start to see use and you could clean up some of the most obsolete Ost Commanders, by swapping the Riegel ability with something that might actually see use.
23 Aug 2019, 08:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Aug 2019, 02:37 AMgbem
Ok ill summarize my feedback

Ost now gets 3 healing options... (with one of them being an aoe heal with 0.4 regen) and massive buffs to their overall teching cost and manpower drain and gets sweet gren buffs...

Now i dont contest this but...
Meanwhile:
Day 528176

Soviets still recieve no alternative healing options

Conscripts still as shitty as ever earlygame / till they get vet

T2 is still soo crappy nobody uses it in tourneys except for backteching to AT guns...

Building the maxim is still shooting yourself in the foot

In fact sov t2 without the svt/ppsh is arguably worse than ostheer... for the equivalent manpower cost of 4 grens a pio and an mg42 the soviets can field 4 cons a maxim and a CE.... with the ostheer version being cheaper by 50 mp (160mp vs 80mp for t2 vs t1)... and they field the LMG42 earlier than 7 man cons

No the only things propping up soviet tourney performances are....
1. Penals
2. Guards
3. Ppsh/svt

Take those out and the real performance of sov T2 comes out...

Apparently the balance team is balancing on tournament winrate alone without taking a step back and looking as to why the faction is performing as it is...

remove the crutches and i assure you sov winrates will return to the way they were before the penal buffs (sub 45%)

Thats my feedback for this patch
wait aoe heal ? But didn’t it work only for units inside the half truck ?
23 Aug 2019, 10:20 AM

Sdf.kfz 250 Mortar Halftrack
- Incendiary Barrage now matches those fired by the LeIG. Fires 4 rounds over the target area.

Does this mean it won't be able to set ambient buildings on fire?
PAGES (30)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS