Login

russian armor

September Balance Patch preview [SPBP] - general discussion

• This thread is locked
PAGES (30)down
16 Aug 2019, 22:13 PM

Guys they are totally right to mirror USF we just need that when u build the last tech u get a free mobile AA half truck with 640 hp :romeoHairDay:
16 Aug 2019, 22:20 PM

Same for Allii and US bases? Same bias for Ostheer and Soviet base, where I would also want that mechanism.

Since when US base can be put forward to shoot anyone attempting to decap the point?

Also, ost and soviets do not need that at all.
16 Aug 2019, 22:22 PM

Any chance we could get an IRHT rework with this patch? It's a really really stupid unit that incentivizes cheesy unfun strategies and shuts down any allied units that rely on camo as well as support weapon play with minimal effort, and all it's analogues have already been nerfed or reworked.

We are speaking about full tech costs, and not 1vs1.

Stop bringing 1vs1 arugments, this gamemode is dead.

Edit: And I don't play OKW that often, because it is a shitty fraction. The fraction is simply bad designed.

Lol 1v1 is what this game's balance is designed around. Why don't you actually get to know what you're talking about before you make yourself sound ignorant again.
16 Aug 2019, 22:26 PM

With OKW as it stands with bases and tech features.

If Rak is improved to properly counter tanks, which is should be changed to being a proper AT unit unit rather than a cheesy unit (as it is with the camo and frustrating mechanics).

Than it is more balanced then for bases to have no refunds when lost.

Must have something to properly counter Vehicles when you have no Tanks available. Makes sense right.

Before or still as of now, If your base is destroyed, mainly the PanzerHQ, you are definitely screwed. Game over for OKW.

Namely because Raketenwerfer sucked at doing its job, in doing its AT duties. Design was and still is terrible.

As OKW currently, without its Tanks, there is no (no such thing as) proper AT.

You are simply screwed.
16 Aug 2019, 22:30 PM

Any chance we could get an IRHT rework with this patch? It's a really really stupid unit that incentivizes cheesy unfun strategies and shuts down any allied units that rely on camo as well as support weapon play with minimal effort, and all it's analogues have already been nerfed or reworked.

Lol 1v1 is what this game's balance is designed around. Why don't you actually get to know what you're talking about before you make yourself sound ignorant again.

You know balancing the game for 1vs1 is the reason why it is so shitty? ;D

Most people play other game modes, hmm... maybe the balance-team should make the game for the gamers?
16 Aug 2019, 22:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2019, 22:20 PMKatitof

Since when US base can be put forward to shoot anyone attempting to decap the point?

Also, ost and soviets do not need that at all.

Often saw games end because a base got destroyed. I also made same, because the game isn't balanced.

So, easy. Let US and Brits work like all other fraction, I am fine with that. That would nearly saved me over 100 hours in that game, because it needs years to destroy their bases. And they have to rebuild them, what a nice change!

God, let rain brain for that community. Herr, lass Hirn regnen!
16 Aug 2019, 22:35 PM

Often saw games end because a base got destroyed.

Then you should watch less annihilation 4v4 custom games.

We are speaking about full tech costs, and not 1vs1.

Stop bringing 1vs1 arugments, this gamemode is dead.

Edit: And I don't play OKW that often, because it is a shitty fraction. The fraction is simply bad designed.

Imagine thinking 1v1 is a dead gamemode when its literally the most competive mode and what the game gets balanced around.

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2019, 22:35 PMKatitof

Then you should watch less annihilation 4v4 custom games.

3vs3 and 4vs4 random. I don't play custom game, if, then Wikinger-Mod.

Hm, maybe because I have friends? hm...
16 Aug 2019, 22:37 PM

Imagine thinking 1v1 is a dead gamemode when its literally the most competive mode and what the game gets balanced around.

True, I also play it, to teach friends of mine.

Still, that is no excuse that most people play an other game-mode and most unbalanced things are, because game is balanced for 1vs1.
16 Aug 2019, 22:41 PM

You know balancing the game for 1vs1 is the reason why it is so shitty? ;D

Most people play other game modes, hmm... maybe the balance-team should make the game for the gamers?

"You" doesn't equal "most people". Sorry bud. Ask the balance team what criteria they use for balancing and they'll tell you 1v1, and good balance for 1v1 will carry over to balance for teamgames generally. Note: even though it doesn't look like it from my playercard, I play a lot of teamgames too but only with friends.

Also if they balanced to teamgames they'd have to buff USF and nerf both axis factions lol.
16 Aug 2019, 22:45 PM

"You" doesn't equal "most people". Sorry bud. Ask the balance team what criteria they use for balancing and they'll tell you 1v1, and good balance for 1v1 will carry over to balance for teamgames generally. Note: even though it doesn't look like it from my playercard, I play a lot of teamgames too but only with friends.

Also if they balanced to teamgames they'd have to buff USF and nerf both axis factions lol.

I know the balance team better than you. Maybe I get a strike, but most community members are simply salty trolls, not more, not less.

Maybe start modding and make something for the community instead?

Do you know what they are marking with the current patch? They make the fraction more similar. That is how to balance a multiplayer-game. That is balancing for larger modes, not 1vs1. See it, or stay blind.

Edit: This forum is twisting around, repeating everything over the last years. It becomes boring.
16 Aug 2019, 22:52 PM

These usf nerfs effect team games more than 1v1, so they kinda broke the balance for 1v1 rule. Pak howitzers and mortar halftracks are seen more in teamgames. The closest nerf to effect usf in 1v1 came from the triple Pershing nerf.

You probably have devm to thank for the riflemen buffs. They almost killed usf.
16 Aug 2019, 23:20 PM

The IS-2 has 40 range, the vet increases it to 50.

Oh, after looking the stats, it does. I stand corrected, still, going to 45 should suffice while receiving something else, that way the panther could still outrange it and have a similar interaction as vet 2 tigers and allied TDs.
ddd
17 Aug 2019, 00:00 AM

Add brace to shwerer and let mechanized automatrons repair buildings. Embrace the simcity.
18 Aug 2019, 01:48 AM

Nowadays you guys only balance around pros, and us 3v3-4v4 casual players are being neglected and ignored.
Also making the raketenwerfer similar to other AT guns just removes it’s uniqueness, it’s a pretty lazy way to balance like that.
On the other hand I’m grateful for you guys still working on the game after all this time. Thank you!
18 Aug 2019, 02:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2019, 01:48 AMPicyke
Nowadays you guys only balance around pros, and us 3v3-4v4 casual players are being neglected and ignored.
Also making the raketenwerfer similar to other AT guns just removes it’s uniqueness, it’s a pretty lazy way to balance like that.
On the other hand I’m grateful for you guys still working on the game after all this time. Thank you!

As a fellow team gamer. Fuck the live raketen. Jaeger camo hunter AT is cancer and worse is its unreliable without it.
18 Aug 2019, 04:52 AM

As a fellow team gamer. Fuck the live raketen. Jaeger camo hunter AT is cancer and worse is its unreliable without it.

+1
18 Aug 2019, 06:31 AM

I disagree. Coh is all about uniqueness asymmetry. Fuck making factions similar for 'balance' sake.
Perhaps slow its camo movement more, make it more expensive.
But keep the camo and retreat.
Live raken is fun suprise but not powerful enough to hit heavy tanks anyway.
You lose attention to micro a cameo unit instead of park and leave it, it is all fair in the original intention.
18 Aug 2019, 16:17 PM

Hey patchers, i suddenly got an idea!
Now i didnt do the maths but here goes.

What if the cp requirements remains same/more as live games, but every teching and base deployment, gains you more cp. Thus either method, you will reach heavies at the same time as sbp intended.

This allows more flexibility. Those who prefer to fight using low tier units as usual, can do so. Those who are more passive or behind in cp, can use teching to reach heavies.

Instead of forcing all to do the tech, i dont know run back, click tech, build base. Seems a bit superflous.

What do you say?

I dont see sbp encouraging player to build med units for a change, they are just doing extra teching.
Why not give both options like good ol' coh.
PAGES (30)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight