Login

russian armor

Can we fix riflenade?

11 Aug 2019, 05:24 AM

It's probably already the hardest nade to dodge and it's also super bugged sometimes.

I've noticed while playing against it that oftentimes infantry won't call out anything until the grenade is already in the air, leaving you with literally fractions of seconds to dodge the thing, and on the other end of the spectrum, sometimes it plays the sound super early before the guy even kneels to fire, and you know like 3 seconds beforehand that a nade is coming. Both stupid bugs.

While using it, I've noticed that if the squad has g43s and the g43 guy is the one who fires the nade, it just shoots out the front of his gun while he still has it shouldered, giving no visual cue that a riflenade is being launched. Also, launching them out of ambush camo is super broken because the squad isn't revealed until the grenade is in the air, leaving the opponent with almost no time to dodge the grenade that's coming from a squad they didn't even know was there at all.

I don't know how fixable these bugs are but they kinda just annoy me both playing against them and (ab)using them.
11 Aug 2019, 05:59 AM

On top of that, can we normalize/fix the damage? Sometimes it lands right in the middle of a packed squad, and only drops the squad to 50-60% hp (no model losses), other times it wipes almost everything, and leaves the remaining 1-2 models at 5%.

11 Aug 2019, 08:36 AM

On top of that, can we normalize/fix the damage? Sometimes it lands right in the middle of a packed squad, and only drops the squad to 50-60% hp (no model losses), other times it wipes almost everything, and leaves the remaining 1-2 models at 5%.

that might have to do with the cover. as grenades from my experience do much more nasty damage if you are in yellow cover.
11 Aug 2019, 08:41 AM

You think they are going to fix this "feature" 6 years after release while it wasn´t touched before?

But yeah rifle grenades are horribly designed. They lack any sort of consistency with their animation and audio clue.
11 Aug 2019, 09:17 AM

On top of that, can we normalize/fix the damage?

Explosive damage from grenades (and other weapons) is actually one of the few things that is completely non-RNG. What seem like inconsistencies are actually consistencies in a variety of different pre-determined scenarios.

There are many factors that influence the effect of explosive damage, such as damage reduction from green cover, squad spacing, shooting or throwing the grenade from the right side of green cover or the invisible health per model, but the explosive damage itself (AOE) is always the same.
11 Aug 2019, 18:12 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Added an Issue to our Database, Thanks

:hansGG:
11 Aug 2019, 18:33 PM

What if instead of the allied squad quoting the grenade, the allied player hears the German quote of the riflenade being fired. It could be more consistent.

riflenades can be nerfed in damage but increased its proyectile speed, to end the frustration of being hit and getting full squads to low health in a second
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★