Login

russian armor

What would you do about the 120mm mortar?

11 Aug 2019, 18:55 PM

120mm mortars are expensive for two reasons, first: they are stationary MP drain tools, that also have high damage and AoE, when they hit, they hit hard and to use them there is no input or cost involved (as all mortars do), they are complementary tools rather spearheads, making them safe to use that takes us into reason 2: if you only depend on time to get a good hit, getting 2 mortars halves the required time/luck. Their range can be combined for what is called concentration of fire, ending in devastating results to the target zone. Their spammability is dangerous.

Because of their naturethay are expensive. I do agree though their RNG nature is underwhelming and I always wondered if there is a solution to this.
If 120mm got its vet1 changed for an accurate single shell that costed muni and had some windup time, that will fix it's late game situation and become very potent. What do you guys think?
11 Aug 2019, 21:22 PM

If 120mm got its vet1 changed for an accurate single shell that costed muni and had some windup time, that will fix it's late game situation and become very potent. What do you guys think?

I'm pretty sure it used to have that and it was OP lol.

At the moment, its performance doesn't justify its ridiculously high cost, especially in 1s.
13 Aug 2019, 06:16 AM

I'm pretty sure it used to have that and it was OP lol.

At the moment, its performance doesn't justify its ridiculously high cost, especially in 1s.

Every single Soviet indirect fire piece had a precision strike as a vet 1 ability. For example a vet 1 B4 could one shot a full health Jagdtiger or a King Tiger when For Mother Russia was active with a pinpoint accuracy shot.

All of the precision shot abilities were removed and replaced for obvious balance and gameplay reasons.
13 Aug 2019, 17:14 PM

Every single Soviet indirect fire piece had a precision strike as a vet 1 ability. For example a vet 1 B4 could one shot a full health Jagdtiger or a King Tiger when For Mother Russia was active with a pinpoint accuracy shot.

All of the precision shot abilities were removed and replaced for obvious balance and gameplay reasons.

It was delete-a-unit for something like 30 muni's. Wasn't so good for OST.

I try the 120 rarely. It always kills less than the 82mm mortar, but for more initial cost, pop cap, and upkeep. It's a little better on OKW trucks, but sucks at anything that moves faster or is smaller than a Schwerer.

Adding back the Vet 0 vision would help. Another possibility would be to reduce its scatter so it isn't worse than the stock mortar.
20 Aug 2019, 13:20 PM

i think 120mmr mortar is fine.
the commanders it comes with just sucks
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment