Login

russian armor

How good are Paratroopers?

7 Aug 2019, 23:29 PM

Been playing USF for a long time so I am well are of what complete garbage Riflemen are but I've never used Paratroopers really. Mainly because they don't arrive until CP3 so you have to depend on those Garbage Riflemen anyway.
7 Aug 2019, 23:51 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

1919 paras = good long range consistant damage.

Thompson paras = highest DPS squad ingame with tac assualt.

Zook paras = personally I skip them, but they do get the super zooks.

Overall the squad is pretty awesome. They're sometimes a bit funky to work with since their RA kinda sucks till vet 3. And I mean it actually sucks, it's worse than riflemen base RA. But their DPS is ultra good. Typically they need to be countered by obersoldaten or a vehicle of some kind. Get thompson paras on a retreat path and hit tac assualt and watch squads melt, but remember it also heavily nerfs their RA as well and hurts their movement speed (even when retreating), so don't just throw it around.
8 Aug 2019, 00:08 AM

1919 paras = good long range consistant damage.

Thompson paras = highest DPS squad ingame with tac assualt.

Zook paras = personally I skip them, but they do get the super zooks.

Overall the squad is pretty awesome. They're sometimes a bit funky to work with since their RA kinda sucks till vet 3. And I mean it actually sucks, it's worse than riflemen base RA. But their DPS is ultra good. Typically they need to be countered by obersoldaten or a vehicle of some kind. Get thompson paras on a retreat path and hit tac assualt and watch squads melt, but remember it also heavily nerfs their RA as well and hurts their movement speed (even when reatreating), so don't just throw it around.

So are the Thompson paras basically like Rangers?
8 Aug 2019, 02:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Aug 2019, 00:08 AMCODGUY

So are the Thompson paras basically like Rangers?

Yes but tac assault shoots their DPS through the roof, and paras are overall much squishier than rangers, even more so with the serious debuffs they get while tac assault is active. Paradrop reinforcing is great too if you've got paths to set up beacons.

I actually like the recon support zook paras (for the variety more than anything honestly) since they do get camo and can also plant mines. Pretty useful for ambushing tanks, and 4 carbines still has pretty good anti-infantry DPS and they can still throw nades too. Their camo is bugged though, in that when models turn while stationary they lose their camo, which makes their damage and accuracy bonuses out of ambush hard to actually utilize.
8 Aug 2019, 04:20 AM

Thompson paras are amazing, i tried them the other week and got 16 kills by flanking a bunch of support weapons. They have basically the highest mid/close range dps in the game, 6 models and a grenade.

M1919s are good if you cant get close. If you use them firing while stationary does 4 times more damage than firing on the move, so stop to shoot. They also need to use the suppressing fire ability as the rest of their vet isn't great, but with that ability they win almost every fight.

M1919's are nothing special though since you can get an lmg commander and build more of them.
9 Aug 2019, 10:41 AM

M1919's are nothing special though since you can get an lmg commander and build more of them.

Only Para's get double M1919's where Rifleman can only have 1, right?
9 Aug 2019, 12:50 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

You can only pick 1 1919 off the racks. You can still pick up a 1919 if its dropped on the ground giving riflemen 2 1919s possible, just more unlikely.
9 Aug 2019, 13:54 PM

Yes, but you will have more than 2 units of infantry to give the m1919's to, so you can buy more and you don't need to spend any extra manpower to get access to said lmgs.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★