1) It was an isolated point. The LMG42 is stronger than the 1919, because it replaces a stronger rifle.
2) And that's why 1919 Riflemen perform better than LMG42 Grenadiers.
3) My point is: 1919 Riflemen have the possibility to scale further with BAR, LMG42 Grens don't.
The 1919 upgrade is fine, I can give you ingame tests and a full comparison between all the stats if you want, but you could just take my word on it. The problem is that the 1919 comes in okay-ish doctrines which have abilities that are in much more need of a buff than the 1919. For example:
- M5, comes too late at 3 CP to have an impact.
- P-47 suppression strafe, extremely overpriced compared to the Ostheer strafe equivalent.
- Time on Target, one of the slowest arty strikes ingame, only useful to destroy OKW bases.
- That is, USF to pay 40 more manpower.
- Then to choose a doctrine
- Must wait 2 or 3 sp
- Must pay 70 muni for m1919
- Buy weapon racks for additional manpower and fuel.
- Buy a bar for 60 munis.
All this I have to do so that the Riflemans could be more productive against greens for 240 mp?
I repeat, the Riflemans + m1919 hardly save one model in a shootout with grenadiers + mg34. Is this a balance?